What time does the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight start in Thailand and how can I watch it?

What time does the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight start in Thailand and how can I watch it?

Pacquiao-vs-Mayweather.jpg

This weekend, American boxing sensation Floyd Mayweather, Jr. will take on Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao in what has been touted as the Fight of the Century and a once in a lifetime must watch sporting event.

Here is all you need to know about the fight, including the start time in Thailand, how you can watch it, some details of venues showing it around Thailand, as well as a few predictions from some of the former greats of boxing.

When is the fight?

After months and months of talks and negotiations, the fight the world has been waiting for: Mayweather vs Pacquiao. The fight will finally get underway on Saturday May 2nd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

However, with Bangkok being 14 hours ahead of Las Vegas, for viewers in Thailand the fight gets underway at 10am on Sunday May 3rd.

As far as watching major international sporting events in Thailand, a 10am start isn’t all that bad. Those of us who stayed up until crazy o’clock to watch the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil will know what I’m talking about. People wanting to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in the UK will have to stay up until 4am, so for those of us in the Land Smiles can count ourselves lucky.

How can I watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in Thailand?

There are few different ways expats in Thailand can watch the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.

If you don’t subscribe to a the likes of True or CTH, 365 Sport is perhaps the best and most accessible option for those who are wanting to watch the fight with English commentary.

With 365 Sport, you can watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao on Windows or Mac, as well as one your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet. 365 Sport will be broadcasting the fight on 3 separate channels, giving users the chance to choose which network they wish to view the fight.

To access the service you will need to sign up for a monthly subscription to 365 Sport which costs 600 Baht. If you sign up for a subscription now, as well as watching the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight, you’ll also be able to watch the remainder of this season’s English Premier League football coverage, FA Cup final, Championship Play Off Final, Formula 1 and much more. You can pay for a subscription using PayPal, Visa, Mastercard or over the counter at 7-Eleven.

If you don’t mind watching the fight with Thai commentary then Channel 7 is also scheduled to show the fight. Channel 7 is available without a subscription on Thai terrestrial TV.

As for watching the fight in bar or restaurant, there are numerous discussions in the Thaivisa Forum of where you can watch the fight in various locations around Thailand, details summarised below.

Where to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in Bangkok

Sportsman (standing room only), Kiwi Bar Soi 8...read more.

Where to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in Chiang Mai

UN Irish Pub, Chiang Mai Saloon, Red Lion, The Game, Wild Boar...read more.

Where to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in Samui

Premier Sports Bar Bangrak...read more.

Where to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in Phuket

Walkabout Sports Bar in Karon….read more.

Where to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao in Hua Hin

Urban Fusion, Coco Beach Club (ticket only)...read more.

* This is obviously by no means a definitive and we’d advise you call ahead to make sure a particular venue is actually showing the fight.

Who is going to win?

may-pac.jpg

Bookmakers in the UK have Floyd Mayweather down as the favourite with odds of around 1/2, although at the time of writing some bookies were offering 4/9.

Pacquiao on the other hand is generally priced around 2/1, with the draw at 18/1.

In the run up to the fight, plenty of people have been weighing in with their predictions.

Iron Mike Tyson is backing Pacquiao due to the fact the Filipino throws more punches: "Floyd doesn't throw anywhere near 100 punches a round. He is more of a scientific fighter, he really plots a lot, he poses whereas Pacquiao is feinting and moving around. That's just my opinion, Pacquiao has perpetual motion he's all over the god damn place."

George Foreman is also backing Pacquiao: "If we’ve got good judges this time, it's go Pacquiao," said Foreman. "Mayweather starts off early kind of looking for his timing and ... Pacquiao will pot shot him and get ahead on points and he’ll stay ahead. He’ll slow down later on and Mayweather will take on the more aggression but he doesn’t have a right hand. He’ll hurt his right hand. He can't get a knockout. So he’ll just have to cruise on in and win or lose the fight just by a couple of points."

British boxing hero Ricky Hatton, who lost to both Mayweather and Pacquiao during his career is backing Mayweather but thinks it will be close: "Manny has been in some real wars and that gives Floyd the slight advantage."

Amir Khan, who has spoken of his desire to fight Mayweather is the American: "Mayweather will be smart and keep moving, so I think he will get a good unanimous win."

You can share your predictions for the fight in the Thaivisa Forum.

What about the money?

dollar.jpg

Only time will tell if this is indeed the Fight of the Century.

However, in financial terms at least, this is the biggest fight of all time.

The total purse from the event is being split 60-40 in Mayweather’s favour, who is expected to take home around $140 million, with Pacquiao said to be earning around $90 million. Not bad for an evening’s work.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao vital statistics

pacquiao-vs-mayweather%2B%281%29.jpg

mayweather-pac.png

Video

HBO Boxing Documentary: Mayweather/Pacquiao

https://youtu.be/hF76dlQt23c

Mayweather v Pacquiao: Ricky Hatton's tactical analysis

https://youtu.be/84gXLwQV9OM

tvn.png
-- 2015-05-01

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You indicate the fight will be available on True but you say nothing else. Do you mean True Vision??? If so, what channel???????

As stated in the op, it is on Thai Ch7. On the True HD box that channel is broadcast on Ch 5 and 45. SD box may be the same (or not, as do not have)

"The total purse from the event is being split 60-40 in Mayweather’s favour, who is expected to take home around $140 million, with Pacquiao said to be earning around $90 million. Not bad for an evening’s work." ---

While don't personally know either boxer, I pretty sure they do more than just turn up on the night. Like years of training and preparation, not to mention spending your life in a career which is just one unlucky punch away from death.

In the US it's pay per view only.I'm surprised that it's not that way through out the world.Sorry not pay per view only.

Wow, no kidding. You guys are lucky to be in Thailand to watch the fight for free.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the US it's pay per view only.I'm surprised that it's not that way through out the world.Sorry not pay per view only.

Wow, no kidding. You guys are lucky to be in Thailand to watch the fight for free.

nothing free in Thailand !!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You indicate the fight will be available on True but you say nothing else. Do you mean True Vision??? If so, what channel???????

As stated in the op, it is on Thai Ch7. On the True HD box that channel is broadcast on Ch 5 and 45. SD box may be the same (or not, as do not have)

This is low-res 480p. For those of us with the full gamut of HD channels, will it also be on one of those in HD?

Guys the entire event starts from 2 pm and the last event which is the manny vs money fight starts at 8pm las vegas. Will they screen the earlier fights?

Yah what he said Introducing in the right corner wearing white trunks, 57-5-2 -37, the pride of the Philippines- Manny Pac Mannnnnnnn Pac----qui--------- ao

Bayliss - the ref, will ensure that Mayweather wins. Watch him step in to give Mayweather a breather every time he gets tagged. And Bayliss will break up any in fighting, to keep it all at distance where Mayweather is most comfortable. This ref did the same thing in the Mayweather / Hatton fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEYkgnabO-4

boxers are good, but the best non-weapon-using fighters in the world are MMA (mixed martial arts).

Royce Gracie is a bit old now, but put him up against the best boxer or the best kung-&lt;deleted&gt; expert, the best Muay Thai, or the meanest, baddest ex-con who weighs twice as much, and, without weapons, Royce wins. He put Brazilian Ju-Jitsu on the world map.

boxers are good, but the best non-weapon-using fighters in the world are MMA (mixed martial arts).

Royce Gracie is a bit old now, but put him up against the best boxer or the best kung-<deleted> expert, the best Muay Thai, or the meanest, baddest ex-con who weighs twice as much, and, without weapons, Royce wins. He put Brazilian Ju-Jitsu on the world map.

How would you know? Are you a fortune teller?

Royce Gracie is a bit old now, but put him up against the best boxer or the best kung-<deleted> expert, the best Muay Thai, or the meanest, baddest ex-con who weighs twice as much, and, without weapons, Royce wins. He put Brazilian Ju-Jitsu on the world map.

It's an opinion based on observation. I'm not a fortune teller, and I don't play one on TV.

It's an opinion based on observation. I'm not a fortune teller, and I don't play one on TV.

"I'm not a fortune teller, and I don't play one on TV." Looks like you are playing one here now.

This is a thread about Boxing & mainly about ONE fight in particular. Who gives a shit about your opinion of MMA ?

I'm somewhat of an MMA fan, but not at all relevant in this thread.

Just my opinion based on observation.