What time does the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight start in Thailand and how can I watch it?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

boxers are good, but the best non-weapon-using fighters in the world are MMA (mixed martial arts).

Royce Gracie is a bit old now, but put him up against the best boxer or the best kung-<deleted> expert, the best Muay Thai, or the meanest, baddest ex-con who weighs twice as much, and, without weapons, Royce wins. He put Brazilian Ju-Jitsu on the world map.

How would you know? Are you a fortune teller?

It's an opinion based on observation. I'm not a fortune teller, and I don't play one on TV.

Gracie struggled and I think lost twice to Sakaruba , Japanese Pancrase and Bushido fighter turned MMA.

He beat Ryan and Renzo Gracie as well and Hoyce a second time , They were no time limit fights and the first fight with Hoyce was 90 Minutes

Edited by ExPratt

True Ch. 5 is showing the under card and at the end of the last bout as the ring announcer was reading the score cards the channel went to a commercial break then back briefly to an interview with one of the boxers, no idea of winner or loser, then to a shot of the the entrance to the MGM Grand with a Thai talking then back to the venue. i have no idea who won the last bout.

Hope the main bout doesn't get screwed up.

Disappointed, the Filipino was better, he hit more ; the three judges were American ?

BTW, not a beautiful fight and a shame for boxing

I agree, Manny was the better fighter and attacked all through the fight. The American just kept running away all through the fight. The fix of the decade it should have been billed as.

Disappointed, the Filipino was better, he hit more ; the three judges were American ?

I agree, Manny was the better fighter and attacked all through the fight. The American just kept running away all through the fight. The fix of the decade it should have been billed as.

No, I don't think it was fixed. Its just the way boxing is scored. A light jab is scored the same as a solid right. So we see aggression and hard hitting and think, like in the real world, that guy should be the winner. But in boxing you can win by running and tapping, and Mayweather has 5 inches reach on Manny, so could do a lot of tapping. I remember watching Leonard/Hagler and it was a similar situation, with Leonard out-pointing Marvin, but no suggestion he had actually beaten him. That was a great fight, by the way. This was a dog.

Mayweather beats Pacquiao by decision
Agence France-Presse

LAS VEGAS: Floyd Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision on Saturday in their long-awaited welterweight world title showdown.

In a bout branded boxing’s latest "Fight of the Century" Mayweather took his unblemished record to 48-0 adding the Filipino great’s World Boxing Organization title to his World Boxing Association and World Boxing Council crowns.

Pacquiao fell to 57-6 with two drawn, never able to mount the kind of sustained aggressive attack he needed to earn the decision.

Even so, Pacquiao said he thought he did enough to earn the victory.

"I thought I won the fight," he said. "He didn’t do nothing."

In fact, Mayweather did what he does best, skilfully thwarting Pacquiao’s offense.

Although his punches didn’t come in the bunches that Pacquiao’s did, there were plenty of telling blows.

Ringside judge Dave Moretti scored the bout 118-110 for Mayweather, while judges Glenn Feldman and Bert Clements both scored it 116-112 for the American.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Mayweather-beats-Pacquiao-by-decision-30259248.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-03

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISCRACE ..... BOXING USA IS RIGGED !!!!

TO BE FAIR MANNY SHOULD BE DECLARED THE WINNER BY 1-2 POINTS .... MAYWEATHER WON A COUPLE OF ROUNDS BUT MANNY WAS BY FAR THE BETTER BOXER OVERALL.

THE US IS SHAMED ON THIS .... WHAT A DISCRACE ....

This was total Bull S**t! PacMan CLEARLY won the first 8 rounds, no contest. Mayweather picked up a bit in the 9th, but no way in hell was it enough to win the fight. I've seen some bad decisions over my 66 years, but this one clearly has to be the worse I've ever seen.

Manny was clearly the aggressor the entire fight, and threw, and landed) 2-3 times more punches that Mayweather, who was twice warned by the ref for holding & punching.

If I'm Manny's camp, I would demand the fight be reviewed by the Boxing Commission, with accurate punch counts noted. No way did Mayweather win. He was given a gift he neither earned or deserved.

TO BE FAIR MANNY SHOULD BE DECLARED THE WINNER BY 1-2 POINTS .... MAYWEATHER WON A COUPLE OF ROUNDS BUT MANNY WAS BY FAR THE BETTER BOXER OVERALL.

You watched a different fight than I did or you don't understand how boxing is scored. By the way I didn't have a dog in this fight just enjoy boxing.

This was total Bull S**t! PacMan CLEARLY won the first 8 rounds, no contest. Mayweather picked up a bit in the 9th, but no way in hell was it enough to win the fight. I've seen some bad decisions over my 66 years, but this one clearly has to be the worse I've ever seen.

Manny was clearly the aggressor the entire fight, and threw, and landed) 2-3 times more punches that Mayweather, who was twice warned by the ref for holding & punching.

If I'm Manny's camp, I would demand the fight be reviewed by the Boxing Commission, with accurate punch counts noted. No way did Mayweather win. He was given a gift he neither earned or deserved.

How many punches thrown doesn't matter. It's how many that hit. Mayweather landed 60 more.

You watched a different fight than I did or you don't understand how boxing is scored. By the way I didn't have a dog in this fight just enjoy boxing.

you might enjoy boxing ... but that was not boxing, but it does explain boxings decline in public interest

floyd showed up to collect the pay check and ran backwards for 36 minutes

rubbish ..... but you have your opinion & respected.

I summise your from the US. To be truthfull Mayweather did not do very much ... Manny did all the attacking .... IT'S RIGGED .... simple as that.

Pretty lackluster fight anyway.... imo ..... but Manny was the better.

rubbish ..... but you have your opinion & respected.

I summise your from the US. To be truthfull Mayweather did not do very much ... Manny did all the attacking .... IT'S RIGGED .... simple as that.

Pretty lackluster fight anyway.... imo ..... but Manny was the better.

Its boxing, swinging and missing or hitting gloves/arms does not score many points, although it may look good to someone who does not follow the sport. The official punch stats from ringside were:

Mayweather: Landed 148 of 435 punches (34%)

Pac: Landed 81 of 429 punches (18.9%)

It was not a particularly entertaining fight, but for people who follow boxing and know the fighters knew that this was always most likely to be the case.

Not even Pac's corner thought they won. So many people hate Mayweather and let that affect their judgement of his fights.

How many punches thrown doesn't matter. It's how many that hit. Mayweather landed 60 more.

Mayweather landed 60 more.

60 more? Gee, what fight were you watching? Me, 2 of my younger brothers, and my father, ALL boxed when we were younger, so you can bet your ass I know how scoring is done, and how to do a punch count, and there is no way in hell that Mayweather landed 60 more than Pac Man. 60 LESS I might go for, but 60 MORE? Maybe in an alternate universe, but sure as hell not in this one.

60 more? Gee, what fight were you watching? Me, 2 of my younger brothers, and my father, ALL boxed when we were younger, so you can bet your ass I know how scoring is done, and how to do a punch count, and there is no way in hell that Mayweather landed 60 more than Pac Man. 60 LESS I might go for, but 60 MORE? Maybe in an alternate universe, but sure as hell not in this one.

Other than 2 people on this topic, i have not read one person ringside, commentator, news person, boxing website, anyone else who thought PAC won. I expect even Phillipino ones agree he lost.

If you did box it sounds like you maybe took one punch to the head to many!

Mayweather landed 67 more punches. Here are the official Compubox stats:

http://sports.inquirer.net/180354/pacmay-by-the-numbers-compubox-stats-show-floyd-mayweather-threw-more-punches

Should be obvious when looking at the actual data who won the match.

Disappointing fight but Mayweather was class and had several game plans and showed why he is unbeaten, would like to have seen Manny get in there a bit more but I guess he was being cautious as didnt want to get caught by one of Mayweathers counters. I also think Manny has lost a bit of his confidence and sting since he got floored Marquez in 2013.

The people saying Manny won it etc are being very sore losers and unsportsmanlike and spoiling it imho.

Being American had nothing to do with it.I'm American and a big big fan of Pacman and I'm a boxing fan as well. Monkey Man was fighting a strategy fight. Jab,weave and jump back .Pacman even said it himself in a after fight interview,he usually throws well over 300 punches but he couldn't because Monkeyman was running around the ring.Many of Pacmans punches were off the gloves or misses. Monkeyman out foxed Pacman.Besides the fact that the only way Pacman would of won from the onset was to KO or TKO . In championship fights the boxing judges always give the raining champ the decision.It was a very disappointing fight. A no action match except when Monkeyman stood on top of the ropes punching his chest doing a "Empire State Building impersonation of King Kong".Typical Thug

Disappointing fight but Mayweather was class and had several game plans and showed why he is unbeaten, would like to have seen Manny get in there a bit more but I guess he was being cautious as didnt want to get caught by one of Mayweathers counters. I also think Manny has lost a bit of his confidence and sting since he got floored Marquez in 2013.

The people saying Manny won it etc are being very sore losers and unsportsmanlike and spoiling it imho.

Agree, i would like Mayweather to really go after his opponents. We all know he can outbox anyone but I wish he would make it a little more exciting.

For me he looked better and more dangerous today when he stood in the center of the ring and played the aggressor role. When he decided to back off and absorb/duck/move away he looked a little more under pressure. I really believe if he was prepared to take a small risk, he could come forward and be far more attacking and exciting to watch, but he prefers to win the low risk less exciting route.

I hope the current Mayweather does not tarnish his legacy to much. He is a boring fighter now for casual fans, but he was spectacular at the lower weights where he had the movement, power and punch output.

I think he is cautious on his punch output as well due to his fragile right hand, and obviously does not want to break it early in a fight.