Mayweather v The Packman

uptheos

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect there is still a bit of an auction going on.

Sky in the UK have it PPV so those with a Slingbox will have it.

No news on the Middle East, BeIn like to flash the cash but OSN have a PPV network.

They can hold out for another week before they announce it I reckon.

I am curious to know if anyone has seen a Pacquiao fight on live TV in Thailand which was not broadcast on Thai channel 7? If you have the Thai satellite TV channels you can see most or all of the undercard fights as well.

I have seen commercials which say the fight will be carried on channel 7. They always say 10:00 am but it ends up being closer to 11:00 am from my experience. You won't see the undercard as the broadcast usually begins right when the fighters are being announced. Then at the end of each round they cut away to a commercial which they replay over and over again between rounds cutting into the next round by 5 or 10 seconds which is very annoying. In the final rounds they sometimes stay with the action between rounds. However, this fight may not go the full 12.

The English announcers are usually turned down very low and Thai announcers take over after the ring introductions.

I am curious to know if anyone has seen a Pacquiao fight on live TV in Thailand which was not broadcast on Thai channel 7? If you have the Thai satellite TV channels you can see most or all of the undercard fights as well.

I have seen commercials which say the fight will be carried on channel 7. They always say 10:00 am but it ends up being closer to 11:00 am from my experience. You won't see the undercard as the broadcast usually begins right when the fighters are being announced. Then at the end of each round they cut away to a commercial which they replay over and over again between rounds cutting into the next round by 5 or 10 seconds which is very annoying. In the final rounds they sometimes stay with the action between rounds. However, this fight may not go the full 12.

The English announcers are usually turned down very low and Thai announcers take over after the ring introductions.

This is a once in a while fight, watching it like this would be awful similar to the football.

If you have a TV set that gives you control over the broadcast language, you can often reset it to get the original broadcast language. For example, when Ch 7 shows UK football, I can go into the menu and reset the language to the original broadcast language and I get English commentary.

For those unable to press buttons on a bilingual Television remote saay means left and khwaa means right. That should be enough to enjoy the excellent Thai commentary. Big fights are nearly always shown on free Thai TV. The cable channels almost never have the rights to live boxing, especially a fight as prestigious as this.

I see a lot of posters are saying 10 or 11am Sunday, May 4th, as the fight time--according to the fight venue, the MGM Grand, websight (https://www.mgmgrand.com/fightweek/) the fight is at 6pm Pacific time Saturday, May 2. That would make the fight more like 8am Sunday the 4th--do the math.

edited version--Of course, there may be some pre-fight hooplah, but remember, the continental US has four times zones. Consequently, a 6pm start in Las Vegas, which is Pacific time, equates to a 9pm start time in New York, which is Eastern time. A 10am start in Thailand would make it an 11pm ET start in New York, a bit late for a prime time event.

I see a lot of posters are saying 10 or 11am Sunday, May 4th, as the fight time--according to the fight venue, the MGM Grand, websight (https://www.mgmgrand.com/fightweek/) the fight is at 6pm Pacific time Saturday, May 2. That would make the fight more like 8am Sunday the 4th--do the math.

edited version--Of course, there may be some pre-fight hooplah, but remember, the continental US has four times zones. Consequently, a 6pm start in Las Vegas, which is Pacific time, equates to a 9pm start time in New York, which is Eastern time. A 10am start in Thailand would make it an 11pm ET start in New York, a bit late for a prime time event.

No way will it start at 6pm PST. The undercard and the hoopla maybe.....

I reckon 9am at the earliest, probably nearer to 10:30 based on previous fights.

I reckon 9am at the earliest, probably nearer to 10:30 based on previous fights.

I agree, these fights don't start until it's convenient for all the US to watch.

I don't think Americans would be very happy on the west coast if it started during the rush hour!

I agree, these fights don't start until it's convenient for all the US to watch.

I don't think Americans would be very happy on the west coast if it started during the rush hour!

Well I'm sure they *want* everyone to tune in at 6pm PST. Think of the advertising revenue!

biggrin.png

Well I'm sure they *want* everyone to tune in at 6pm PST. Think of the advertising revenue!

biggrin.png

Well, it's Saturday, so no rush hour--and yes, the sponsors would want you to watch it as early as possible

biggrin.png

Well, it's Saturday, so no rush hour--and yes, the sponsors would want you to watch it as early as possible

Yes, it's a Saturday - well done.

Yes, it's a Saturday - well done.

They will also make it convenient for them to pay-up too, isn't it about $100 on pay-for-view?

Quite wonderful to get it here on Ch7 for free at 10am........ go nicely with coffee.

Sunday of course.

Archived