What time does the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight start in Thailand and how can I watch it?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was total Bull S**t! PacMan CLEARLY won the first 8 rounds, no contest. Mayweather picked up a bit in the 9th, but no way in hell was it enough to win the fight. I've seen some bad decisions over my 66 years, but this one clearly has to be the worse I've ever seen.

Manny was clearly the aggressor the entire fight, and threw, and landed) 2-3 times more punches that Mayweather, who was twice warned by the ref for holding & punching.

If I'm Manny's camp, I would demand the fight be reviewed by the Boxing Commission, with accurate punch counts noted. No way did Mayweather win. He was given a gift he neither earned or deserved.

How many punches thrown doesn't matter. It's how many that hit. Mayweather landed 60 more.

Mayweather landed 60 more.

60 more? Gee, what fight were you watching? Me, 2 of my younger brothers, and my father, ALL boxed when we were younger, so you can bet your ass I know how scoring is done, and how to do a punch count, and there is no way in hell that Mayweather landed 60 more than Pac Man. 60 LESS I might go for, but 60 MORE? Maybe in an alternate universe, but sure as hell not in this one.

Other than 2 people on this topic, i have not read one person ringside, commentator, news person, boxing website, anyone else who thought PAC won. I expect even Phillipino ones agree he lost.

If you did box it sounds like you maybe took one punch to the head to many!

27-1, and my 1 loss was my first fight, so I doubt I took one too many to the head.

This was total Bull S**t! PacMan CLEARLY won the first 8 rounds, no contest. Mayweather picked up a bit in the 9th, but no way in hell was it enough to win the fight. I've seen some bad decisions over my 66 years, but this one clearly has to be the worse I've ever seen.

Manny was clearly the aggressor the entire fight, and threw, and landed) 2-3 times more punches that Mayweather, who was twice warned by the ref for holding & punching.

If I'm Manny's camp, I would demand the fight be reviewed by the Boxing Commission, with accurate punch counts noted. No way did Mayweather win. He was given a gift he neither earned or deserved.

How many punches thrown doesn't matter. It's how many that hit. Mayweather landed 60 more.

60 more? Gee, what fight were you watching? Me, 2 of my younger brothers, and my father, ALL boxed when we were younger, so you can bet your ass I know how scoring is done, and how to do a punch count, and there is no way in hell that Mayweather landed 60 more than Pac Man. 60 LESS I might go for, but 60 MORE? Maybe in an alternate universe, but sure as hell not in this one.

Mayweather landed 67 more punches. Here are the official Compubox stats:

http://sports.inquirer.net/180354/pacmay-by-the-numbers-compubox-stats-show-floyd-mayweather-threw-more-punches

Should be obvious when looking at the actual data who won the match.

Bet Manny and his team are watching a replay of the fight and are counting every punch too. Manny crushed May weather, I know because me and half the world watched the fight. Here's what Manny had to say after the fight,http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/mayweather-v-pacquiao-fight-of-the-century-ready-to-rumble/story-e6frg7mf-1227332516607, even Manny was in disbelief at the judges decision.

Mayweather won it by boxing rules. Backing up and covering and moving is an old Ali trick that worked for him. Keep the other guy flailing and working but failing to score and then get some good jabs in there.

BTW the NYT estimated that the purse was about $300 million with a 60/40 split. I never trust preliminary press data but it will still be the biggest payday in boxing history.

How hard would you work and how much would you let your nose get bloodied with that guarantee, LOL.

Mayweather has a contract to fight one more fight for Showtime and he said he would do that about September and retire.

Read post# 59,.Its obvious that you were watching a replay of T.Bradley fight .

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISCRACE ..... BOXING USA IS RIGGED !!!!

TO BE FAIR MANNY SHOULD BE DECLARED THE WINNER BY 1-2 POINTS .... MAYWEATHER WON A COUPLE OF ROUNDS BUT MANNY WAS BY FAR THE BETTER BOXER OVERALL.

THE US IS SHAMED ON THIS .... WHAT A DISCRACE ....

You watched a different fight than I did or you don't understand how boxing is scored. By the way I didn't have a dog in this fight just enjoy boxing.

rubbish ..... but you have your opinion & respected.

I summise your from the US. To be truthfull Mayweather did not do very much ... Manny did all the attacking .... IT'S RIGGED .... simple as that.

Pretty lackluster fight anyway.... imo ..... but Manny was the better.

Mayweather outlanded Pacquiao 148 to 81 and even threw more punches, 435 to 429.

Well if that was the pinnacle of world boxing no wonder MMA is gaining so much support... 12 rounds of Mayweather trying to neutralise Pacman... I thought the aim of boxing was to knock the other fellow out..?? . In MMA terms it was liken to holding your apponent down on the mat for the whole bout and winning by having top position.... Not really a great spectical by any means.... IMHO..

To quote a blogger from the Daily Telegraphs reports of the fight a guy called Ian Harrison has this fight summed up correctly.

After watching this fight, how anyone can say Mayweather won this fight on the skill of his boxing could not be further than the truth. If he is such a great "boxer", why whenever Pacquiao was unleashing an attack did he not "Box" his way out of trouble? instead of using last ditch tactics like grabbing and holding opponents , or failing that just run away. The only people who hit and run away are cowards. I think Mayweather chose his fighting technique of avasive, defensive wrestling with the occasional jab is because if he was drawn into an actual toe to toe boxing match, he would probably lose. People might think that's untrue and he would have won by doing that anyway......so why didn't he? People paid a lot of money to see a boxing match between 2 boxers. Only one of them boxed. Just because you avoid losing doesn't mean you win.

To quote a blogger from the Daily Telegraphs reports of the fight a guy called Ian Harrison has this fight summed up correctly.

After watching this fight, how anyone can say Mayweather won this fight on the skill of his boxing could not be further than the truth. If he is such a great "boxer", why whenever Pacquiao was unleashing an attack did he not "Box" his way out of trouble? instead of using last ditch tactics like grabbing and holding opponents , or failing that just run away. The only people who hit and run away are cowards. I think Mayweather chose his fighting technique of avasive, defensive wrestling with the occasional jab is because if he was drawn into an actual toe to toe boxing match, he would probably lose. People might think that's untrue and he would have won by doing that anyway......so why didn't he? People paid a lot of money to see a boxing match between 2 boxers. Only one of them boxed. Just because you avoid losing doesn't mean you win.

Its called BOXING, not bar room brawling, and the idea of it is to hit your opponent and not get hit. Moving around the ring is part of boxing, otherwise they should put them in a 1m by 1m ring!

The punch stats show Mayweather through more punches and landed more punches.

The stupid thing about it was that when Mayweather did stand in the middle of the ring, he was even more dominant.

There are far worse grabbers and holders than Mayweather. That used to be someone like Ricky Hatton's entire fight plan, through a punch, dive into them and just wrestle up close, but people had no problem when he did it......

Why would he stand a slug it out face to face in a brawl? He can win without getting his brain cells knocked out, which is what any sensible person would do. I would like to see this blogger call him a coward to his face, i think we would then see who the coward is!

Smutcakes seems you are the only one here who knows boxing i liked all your comments. Mayweather won the fight no doubt about it. In many Pacman fights his fans always mention the punch ratio. Mayweather beat him on that. Pacman was hitting gloves and fanning the air. When Mayweather did become aggressive in the middle of the ring he controlled there but chose not to fight there thats his choice as a fighter.he used the ring like a real pro.

Then you took a few too many punches to the face if you think Manny won.

You do realize that to win a fight you have to hit your opponent right?

Compubox may be a better judge of punch stats than you.

post-21832-0-40834800-1430648183_thumb.p

Ok, for Compubox, Mayweather is the winner, but for the normal spectator like me, Mayweather was on the defensive and Pacquiao the attacker, may be less efficient but nicer to look at

I think Mayweather is the sadest winner I have ever seen in my life

Ok, for Compubox, Mayweather is the winner, but for the normal spectator like me, Mayweather was on the defensive and Pacquiao the attacker, may be less efficient but nicer to look at

I think Mayweather is the sadest winner I have ever seen in my life

Boxing is about hitting and not being hit.

Clearly, it's helped him remain undefeated and undisputed, so his style works, whether you like it or not.

At around $200million for the fight and PPV, I'd say he's pretty damn happy about now.

Manny was clearly the aggressor in a pretty ho hum fight. I thought he had won or at worst a draw.

I am no boxing expert but that is the way I see it.

I had to Google '' IMO '' what's wrong with

just writing the words, writing good English

promotes better understanding of the language,

IMO is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word

i don't use slang and wished other people

didnt either, spell check helps also.

LMAO.

LMAO.

LOL

LMAO.

LOL

OMG

Both of these boxers are not hungry they just put on a exhibition.and could care less what the boxers fans think or want.

That's the impression I got from watching it.

I fully expected a 'draw' so there could be another multi million re-match.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISCRACE ..... BOXING USA IS RIGGED !!!!

TO BE FAIR MANNY SHOULD BE DECLARED THE WINNER BY 1-2 POINTS .... MAYWEATHER WON A COUPLE OF ROUNDS BUT MANNY WAS BY FAR THE BETTER BOXER OVERALL.

THE US IS SHAMED ON THIS .... WHAT A DISCRACE ....

You watched a different fight than I did or you don't understand how boxing is scored. By the way I didn't have a dog in this fight just enjoy boxing.

rubbish ..... but you have your opinion & respected.

I summise your from the US. To be truthfull Mayweather did not do very much ... Manny did all the attacking .... IT'S RIGGED .... simple as that.

Pretty lackluster fight anyway.... imo ..... but Manny was the better.

The stats say otherwise. read them yourself http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/105316/pacquiao-thought-he-won-numbers-show-otherwise

What we have here is people willing to shell out millions of dollars to watch two men try to beat each other up...but not willing to give a dime to help feed homeless and parentless children around the world...

Two men take home millions of dollars...while others have no idea where their next meal will come from...

We should be ashamed.

460x.jpg..

Edited by ggt

LMAO.

LOL

....writing the words. Writing good English............Be careful what you post. Sent in jest cheesy.gif

This is just one more blogger who doesn't know the scoring rules for boxing. He apparently also can't count landed punches.