Nonthaburi man shot by sniper while holding baby

Lite Beer

Nonthaburi man shot by sniper while holding baby
THE NATION May 2, 2015 1:00 am

BANGKOK: -- POLICE have launched an investigation into the killing of a renowned crime-buster's nephew, who was shot by a sniper while he was holding his one-year-old baby outside his home in Nonthaburi province.

The shooting took place early yesterday.

One of the potential motives behind Thiwaphan Pao-in's killing could be a Bt10-million debt he was collecting from a debtor, senior police investigator Pol Colonel Phairoj Khajornroj said.

Thiwaphan's killing was captured on CCTV and the footage has "gone viral" on social media.

The victim's daughter, who was dropped when the first bullet hit her father, is said to be safe. The clip shows a man trying to help Thiwaphan, but running away after more shots are heard.

Thiwaphan is the nephew of Pol Maj-General Wiroj Pao-in, who served briefly as an interim Pheu Thai Party leader last year. He also served as deputy premier in Chuan Leekpai's government under the Chart Thai Party banner and eventually retired after serving as chief of the influential Central Investigation Bureau.

Quoting witnesses, police said the suspect has been identified as a man in his 30s, who allegedly drove a white Honda Civic sedan he had parked some 200 metres from the scene. The vehicle was seen arriving at the spot at 10pm and leaving at 12.30am.

The officer said the shooter was obviously an experienced sniper, as he successfully shot his target in the dark. Investigators also believe there may have been more than one accomplice involved.

A police source said the rifle used must have had an infrared scope, adding that three bullets had hit the victim - on the left side of his chest and both shoulders.

Thiwaphan was pronounced dead in hospital. Police were checking the type of rifle and bullets used.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Nonthaburi-man-shot-by-sniper-while-holding-baby-30259187.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-02

Quote:

One of the potential motives behind Thiwaphan Pao-in's killing could be a Bt10-million debt he was collecting from a debtor, senior police investigator Pol Colonel Phairoj Khajornroj said.

No Shit !!!!

Many of those debts are not as "legal" as they should be.. often police bully and threaten to get their money even if it is not really owned. I have no idea if that is the case here but collecting that kind of debs is certainly not always legal.

Not that the guy should die for it.

Does every second man have a second job as hit man in this country.

Seems to be a hired gun on every corner.

Learned long ago that for 10,00 thb and an airfare I could get anyone ended anywhere in the world.

Learned long ago that for 10,00 thb and an airfare I could get anyone ended anywhere in the world.

Are you seriously suggesting Thai killers will go anywhere to murder people and for Bt1000. It was a typo yeah?

I learned the same thing in my first few weeks here… It’s amazing how much of the ‘real Thailand’ I learned on a bar-stool….

I also learned more delusional rubbish in bar, generally while sat next to a sweaty old-timer who forgot his wallet but had a tab, while supping beer from a beer-holder dripping the rancid dregs of last nights spilt beer and condensate...

– The guy I'm talking with knows who to ask to get someone hit for xxxx baht.

– The guy I'm talking with knows where to get hold of a gun.

– Never help if involved in an accident, you will be to blame.

– If the taxi has an accident, get out and walk away, you will be to blame as if you hadn’t taken the taxi it wouldn’t have been there.

– Never drive here, the foreigner is always to blame in an accident.

– The guy ‘over there’ is D.E.A

– The guy ‘over there’ is ex SAS / SBS

– The foreigner I’m talking with has connections to the Police Chief.

Really – the ‘legends on their own bar-stool’ don’t know how daft and desperate they look....

I don't know why police and all n sundry assume this is to do with 10 million baht debt. The debt doesn't dissappear just because of death. The money would be paid back and go to his daughter, wife or family members.

It is very unlikely to be the cause of the hit.

I don't know why police and all n sundry assume this is to do with 10 million baht debt. The debt doesn't dissappear just because of death. The money would be paid back and go to his daughter, wife or family members.

It is very unlikely to be the cause of the hit.

Wile I somewhat agree with this,,, do you really think the Daughter/family will be so, "gung-ho" about the collection of the debt, after seeing what happened to the Father for trying to collect? (if that indeed is the reason)... yes maybe,,, but this, "warning" would tend to slow that collection to a crawl I'd say,,,,

Edited by Adeeos

One thing for sure, the list of suspects will be rather short - maybe not even Thai. It wasn't top notch shooting but certainly way above average. They don't mention the range but at minimum a military or police sniper. Also, being done at night with either a thermal imager or night vision scope ($5,000 - $12,000) narrows things even further. An experienced shooter with expensive gear - no Esarn farmer or moto jockey in this case. If anyone thinks this hit was done for THB 1,000 or even 10,000 they have rocks in their head. Pray they catch this guy and slowly filet him.

same old situation someone couldn't pay off his depts. nasty.

he was collecting a debt, not in debt

Dont bother ,half the comments on Thai Visa are by people who do not even read the storywink.png

I learned the same thing in my first few weeks here… It’s amazing how much of the ‘real Thailand’ I learned on a bar-stool….

I also learned more delusional rubbish in bar, generally while sat next to a sweaty old-timer who forgot his wallet but had a tab, while supping beer from a beer-holder dripping the rancid dregs of last nights spilt beer and condensate...

– If the taxi has an accident, get out and walk away, you will be to blame as if you hadn’t taken the taxi it wouldn’t have been there.

Really – the ‘legends on their own bar-stool’ don’t know how daft and desperate they look....

Well, really yes actually. When I lived in north central Thailand (far from the bar stool SAS/SBS) my Thai next door neighbour showed me his unlicenced 9mm pistol. My Thai partner, whose family lived in various locations in the province said that it was possible to buy a pistol for 30,000bht, and there was no 'waiting list' for them. It was also common knowledge that a 'drive by' shooting could be arranged for as little as 10,000bht!. The common instances of shootings at gambling dens and motor cycle 'drive by' killings led me to believe there might be some truth not BS in the rumours!

One thing for sure, the list of suspects will be rather short - maybe not even Thai. It wasn't top notch shooting but certainly way above average. They don't mention the range but at minimum a military or police sniper. Also, being done at night with either a thermal imager or night vision scope ($5,000 - $12,000) narrows things even further. An experienced shooter with expensive gear - no Esarn farmer or moto jockey in this case. If anyone thinks this hit was done for THB 1,000 or even 10,000 they have rocks in their head. Pray they catch this guy and slowly filet him.

post-156268-0-19976300-1430561759_thumb.

Er! Possibly jackanapes meant "someone couldn't pay off his debts" hired a hit man (for much less than the debt) to get the monkey off his back, AND send a message about trying to collect said debt?. Still Nasty!

Edited by The Deerhunter

Are you seriously suggesting Thai killers will go anywhere to murder people and for Bt1000. It was a typo yeah?

1000 baht and a holiday. That's 3 days money if your on minimum wage coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Usually well done contract killings are done by off duty policemen. So yeah

plenty of those. Looks like debt collection can be a hazardous

business......

Er! Possibly jackanapes meant "someone couldn't pay off his debts" hired a hit man (for much less than the debt) to get the monkey off his back, AND send a message about trying to collect said debt?. Still Nasty!

Correct, that is how I read the jacknapes comment . Fairly clear, if you owe ten

million , it is easier to kill the person you owe the money to instead of paying the debt.

Ten years ago I met a Thai mafia guy in Samui who was packing a 9 mm

in his bar. He told me he would kill pretty much anyone I wanted for 10,000

baht who was not a ranking government official. And it was not bar banter.......

Anyone who does not believe or understand that needs to get out of Nakorn

Nowhere for a while to see how things really work here..

Well, really yes actually. When I lived in north central Thailand (far from the bar stool SAS/SBS) my Thai next door neighbour showed me his unlicenced 9mm pistol. My Thai partner, whose family lived in various locations in the province said that it was possible to buy a pistol for 30,000bht, and there was no 'waiting list' for them. It was also common knowledge that a 'drive by' shooting could be arranged for as little as 10,000bht!. The common instances of shootings at gambling dens and motor cycle 'drive by' killings led me to believe there might be some truth not BS in the rumours!

The price for hire has gone up. Not as much as inflation I think.

I had a friend in Udon Thanii when I was here in the early 70's. He would do a hit for $50.00.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

No Shit !!!!

Sounds like Pol Colonel Phairoj Khajornroj is a real Sherlock clap2.gif