complaint about Bell Service

susanschwaiger

This was my 2nd time using Bell. The 1st was quite nice.

Yesterday, I went to airport to pick up my mom. The ticket was for 1PM. But in fact, we started at 1:40PM, waiting for the passengers who arrived late with the Bell pick up van.

The traffic in Pattaya Nua is horrible these days. I went to the bell office with motorbike taxi which took me only 10 min. Dun know why those passengers must use the free van pick up which will surely arrive late !

PS: on the way back, we used PT Taxi and everything went on time :)

Be thankful it was from the airport, not to the airport.

I once used them to go to the airport. Bus left 1.20 mins later because "waiting "

All of us almost missed our flights, Management did not even feel the need to say sorry

I've used the Bell Travel hotel/condo pickup service *dozens* of times and never been late to the Pattaya Nua bus station. Granted, sometimes the bus left Pattaya Nua 5 to 10 minutes late for whatever reason, but the reason was never that a van was late arriving with passengers from their hotel/condo.

I'm deep in Jomtien and am almost always the first passenger picked up. The standard pick up time at my condo is one hour before bus departure. 90% of the time, the van is waiting in my parking lot when I come down to the lobby at five minutes before the scheduled pick up time.

There are many other passengers that are quite late to meet the pick up van at other points, though. The last ride there was almost a fistfight from a fellow passenger at a S.Pattaya condo who wanted us to wait ten minutes *more* -- after already waiting five minutes -- for the rest of his party to show up.

Just how early should the van set out for pickups to make sure such passengers are ready?

Why passengers opt for the free pickup van service over taking a motosai taxi? Can you spell "L-U-G-G-A-G-E"?

Yesterday, we waited 40 min only for the passengers. The last one jumped off the van when our bus already turned to Pattaya Nua.

If everyone is like wpcoe, there will be no problem. But the lousy ones are quite a lot!

Bell's management needs to improved. If the passenger is late, no need to wait for them. They must suffer the result, not the ones who are on time.

If you can't arrange your plan well, better stay at home or use private taxi. It's a shame to waste others' time !

When I bought the tickets, staff asked me whether I need van pick up. Considering the horrible traffic these days and the uncertainty of punctuality , I said No. Don't want to be disgusted by others if I am late.

Too many Luggage ? You can use 2 or 3 motorbike taxi if stuck in emergency. If you do respect others time, you will find a way.

We were 50 min late than the promised pick up time of PT taxi. I felt guilty although I already messaged him in advance.

We used Bell because my baby always wants to "big bus round and round"... If I knew it was lousy like this, I would have used a private taxi for the round trip. She kept asking me: when will uncle come to drive big bus ?!?!??

• 3 months later...

I've never used Bell.

Please inform me.

For Pattaya to Bangkok city, do they operate from the standard North Pattaya bus station or do they have their own bus station?

Do they have their own branded buses and schedules or do they just deliver to another company bus?

What bus station do they arrive at in Bangkok city?

Thanks.

I have used Bell Travel Service dozens of times without major issues. Actually I have found them to be quite professional and efficient. Yes it is a PITA when other passengers are late for pickup, but now that you are required to pay in advance on-line the policy should be to wait five minutes only and then go go go.

SL

All the Bell services operate from the North Pattaya bus station. For the Pattaya to Bangkok city route, you can have their shuttle van pick you up at your hotel/condo. It takes you to the North Pattaya bus station where you board a big Bell Travel bus to a terminal in Bang Na. From Bang Na you again take a Bell shuttle van to your final destination.

Sometimes the big bus will also make a stop at Suvarnabhumi to drop off passengers. Presumably when the regular airport-bound bus is oversold?

All the Bell services operate from the North Pattaya bus station. For the Pattaya to Bangkok city route, you can have their shuttle van pick you up at your hotel/condo. It takes you to the North Pattaya bus station where you board a big Bell Travel bus to a terminal in Bang Na. From Bang Na you again take a Bell shuttle van to your final destination.

Sometimes the big bus will also make a stop at Suvarnabhumi to drop off passengers. Presumably when the regular airport-bound bus is oversold?

Thanks. But do they have their own branded buses or do they just stick you on the same bus that anyone else can use who doesn't buy a Bell ticket?

Thanks. But do they have their own branded buses or do they just stick you on the same bus that anyone else can use who doesn't buy a Bell ticket?

Seems that you aren't reading. What other bus goes from North Pattaya to the airport?

Seems that you aren't reading. What other bus goes from North Pattaya to the airport?

I am talking about bus companies. Does Bell have their own branded buses or not? Is that not a clear question? I don't think I got the answer yet. I am not an expert on buses there. I have never used. Just because you might be an expert doesn't mean you have to be insulting.

I go to Bangkok about every other month using the 0900 bus, so I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure, but I think it's a bus with the Bell Travel Service logo. It's only Bell passengers on the bus, if that's what you are wondering.

When I bought the tickets, staff asked me whether I need van pick up. Considering the horrible traffic these days and the uncertainty of punctuality , I said No. Don't want to be disgusted by others if I am late.

Too many Luggage ? You can use 2 or 3 motorbike taxi if stuck in emergency. If you do respect others time, you will find a way.

We were 50 min late than the promised pick up time of PT taxi. I felt guilty although I already messaged him in advance.

We used Bell because my baby always wants to "big bus round and round"... If I knew it was lousy like this, I would have used a private taxi for the round trip. She kept asking me: when will uncle come to drive big bus ?!?!??

You sound like an awful drama queen. We know that the Germanic stereotype is to be uptight, but you really take the biscuit. Sometimes things can go wrong. Better you learn to cope.

Meanwhile, allow me to refer you here

Stay good humoured eh? wink.png

I go to Bangkok about every other month using the 0900 bus, so I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure, but I think it's a bus with the Bell Travel Service logo. It's only Bell passengers on the bus, if that's what you are wondering.

Yes that's what I was wondering. It doesn't sound like you are 100 percent confident of the answer, but thanks very much for answering.

I'm not confident about the logo on the bus, but I'm confident that it's a Bell-customer-only service.

Yes, that's really what I wanted to know.

I didn't understand their operation ... whether they were just a service to collect (and deliver) you to go another bus or whether they had their own dedicated service for the entire trip.

That's one reason why I prefer to take the bus from Jomtien (also because it's much closer for me): they wait for no one.

I agree.

I have used Bell several times. They do have their own buses. What I use to do was go into the North Terminal a couple of days prior to the trip and buy my own ticket from the desk for a designated departure time and date. Then they would ask, do you need pick up from hotel, you tell them your hotel name or condo and they tell you what time to be outside waiting. They never stuffed up once.

But now, I go to the Jomtien Bus Terminal Airport Bus. This one is only 130 baht. I believe Bell is now 300 baht but they pick you up at the hotel. I'd rather pay 20 baht by baht bus to go to Jomtien. I like the Jomtien bigger bus better. Air con and plenty of leg room.

I agree.

I have used Bell several times. They do have their own buses. What I use to do was go into the North Terminal a couple of days prior to the trip and buy my own ticket from the desk for a designated departure time and date. Then they would ask, do you need pick up from hotel, you tell them your hotel name or condo and they tell you what time to be outside waiting. They never stuffed up once.

But now, I go to the Jomtien Bus Terminal Airport Bus. This one is only 130 baht. I believe Bell is now 300 baht but they pick you up at the hotel. I'd rather pay 20 baht by baht bus to go to Jomtien. I like the Jomtien bigger bus better. Air con and plenty of leg room.

If you ever have the itch to use Bell Travel again, there's no need to visit the bus terminal to buy the ticket. You can do it online, and even select your seat: http://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

Booking via the web site is B250 Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi, and B345 Pattaya-Bangkok city. Both prices include the van pickup from hotel/condo in Pattaya or Jomtien.

i used Bell once.....never again. the fact that they pick you up at your condo is great...but once you get to the bus station....forget time. They do not care...if you wait and wait....tuff crap. then....once you get to bangkok....talk about a cluster <deleted>. I would much rather take motobike taxi to bus station...take the pattaya bus and then take skytrain to destination.... less headache....certainly cheaper. once....never again!!!

Archived