The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

Also good to see CL has a sense of humour.

This is from today's Record:

Levein is confident Scotland will improve on that Stockholm showing, mainly because of the return of several experienced players, including 40-year-old David Weir.

The Rangers defender will become Scotland's oldest player of all time, overtaking Jim Leighton, and Fletcher believes that honour is testament to his professionalism.

. . . . and Fletcher believes what????

Bwahahaahahaha for all your anti English jealousy, thank God/Allah Buddah or whoever's the main Man, that i ain't a Jock..

Bwahahahaahaha & i don't care if you end up winning 4-1, joke of a Nation bwahaahahahaha

2106: Er, I was just about to tell you that they are back under way at Hampden... and then that happened! And yes, that is the actual score.

2105: GOALFLASH Scotland 0-1 Liechtenstein (Frick)

Bwahahaahahaha for all your anti English jealousy, thank God/Allah Buddah or whoever's the main Man, that i ain't a Jock..

Bwahahahaahaha & i don't care if you end up winning 4-1, joke of a Nation bwahaahahahaha

2106: Er, I was just about to tell you that they are back under way at Hampden... and then that happened! And yes, that is the actual score.

2105: GOALFLASH Scotland 0-1 Liechtenstein (Frick)

The winner came in the seventh minute of injury time. I wonder if SAF was at the game? :whistling::D

Full marks to the Jocks. Just one of those awful nights where everything seems to conspire against you, but still came good. The first result suddenly looks good too. Providing it's not at the expense of England, I hope the haggis hunters qualify and this could prove a turning point, as they really have been underperforming of late, and really should be at at least one tornament per decade: too much tossing (of cabers) in my view.

Full marks to the Jocks. Just one of those awful nights where everything seems to conspire against you, but still came good. The first result suddenly looks good too. Providing it's not at the expense of England, I hope the haggis hunters qualify and this could prove a turning point, as they really have been underperforming of late, and really should be at at least one tornament per decade: too much tossing (of cabers) in my view.

Thanks for the kind words. Only we still have to face Lichtenstein away.....:ermm:

I hope they don't qualify. :)

The scary thing was that there were people at Hampden watching the game than actually live in Lichenstein. blink.gif

you can hire lichtenstein for a night out. the whole country, they rent the place out and the population all become sort of serving staff. it's very odd.

• 4 weeks later...

As i dont live in the UK anymore. I don't read the papers. But I am surprised by this.

Kenny Miller dropped for Scotland

Kenny Miller has been dropped for Scotland's crucial Euro 2012 qualifier against Czech Republic it has been confirmed.

GettyImages

Craig Levein has picked his team

Boss Craig Levein has named his side for the crunch match in Prague following a training session at the Synot Tip Arena.

The national team manager was furious after it was reported that the Rangers striker - who has 11 goals in all competitions this season - was set to be axed before the squad had even left Glasgow. But the announcement confirmed Miller, who had been in line to earn his 50th cap, was not in the line-up.

The team suggests Levein could opt for the 4-2-2-2 formation that was also reported in the press this week.

Allan McGregor has recovered from a thigh problem to start in goal, while Alan Hutton and Steven Whittaker have been passed fit for the full-back positions. David Weir and Stephen McManus assume the central defensive roles.

Darren Fletcher, Gary Caldwell, Graham Dorrans and James Morrison have all been given the nod, as have Steven Naismith and QPR's Jamie Mackie, who earns his first cap after being called into the squad.

Meanwhile, Czech Republic coach Michal Bilek has branded Scotland's style of play as ''unpleasant''.

''When we played Scotland the last time, the style was pretty unpleasant,'' he said. ''I'm not trying to say they're like the typical Scottish and English teams of 30 years ago.

''What I mean is they are pretty aggressive and fight for every inch of the pitch, like they did in March.

''They don't create many chances but they can be productive. They may play a similar style to Lithuania, probably a 4-5-1, relying on quick breakaways.''

carmine our team is devoid of creativity or talent but at least we'd bring fun and happiness to a tournament unlike our warlike unhappy wa*k neighbours.

Ignorant c*ck morris dancer that you are.

carmine our team is devoid of creativity or talent but at least we'd bring fun and happiness to a tournament unlike our warlike unhappy wa*k neighbours.

I hope you don't qualify.

I hope you don't qualify.

The Tartan Army. We are loved everywhere we go. The only people who cheer when your nasty group of kn*bheads go abroad are the coppers looking at the overtime rates.

Hated you are carmine . Pure and simple.

Kin hel_l

Everyone but Craig Levein knows that when Scotland try to defend away from home 99.9% of the time they are beaten.

I wouldn't have cared if we had been beaten 6 0 last night if we went and had a go at them. Time for this insipid android of a man to bow out.

Bring in Iain Holloway and his 4 3 3

Thing is Smokie, the standard of the tournaments at Hackney Marsh is quite good, so, as i said, i doubt you'll qualify.

Take your smelly trolling wife swapping whoring Italiano whining over confident prima donna losers and stick yer maypole up your ar*e.

Fans or thugs.......the people decided long ago ya faggot muncher.

:lol:

Just read all the Scottish papers and they are really hacking away at Levein. Lionheart, Braveheart etc.Can just see it. William Wallace talking to the boys before the big game. Ok boys here's the plan.If the come at us just push them away and if they come at us some more just push them away some more. And you never know we might just win the battle with these tactics?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nah Craig yer tactics were pure pish and anti football. Proud Scots won't swallow this <deleted>. Taxi for Levein

Just read all the Scottish papers and they are really hacking away at Levein. Lionheart, Braveheart etc.Can just see it. William Wallace talking to the boys before the big game. Ok boys here's the plan.If the come at us just push them away and if they come at us some more just push them away some more. And you never know we might just win the battle with these tactics?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nah Craig yer tactics were pure pish and anti football. Proud Scots won't swallow this <deleted>. Taxi for Levein

He played a 4-6 Formation last night so said the BBC...:unsure:

Edited by MSingh