The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our good run came to an end as we lost to Shevchenko and co in Kiev last night. I didn't watch the game but from what I read we can have no complaints about the loss.

Looking on the brightside, we are still top of our group and 3 out of our next 4 fixtures are Georgia (H), Faroe Islands (A) and Lithuania (H). :o

When you Highlanders and lowlanders will Accept our English team I will accept the Scottish losers you degrade us too often

Our good run came to an end as we lost to Shevchenko and co in Kiev last night. I didn't watch the game but from what I read we can have no complaints about the loss.

Looking on the brightside, we are still top of our group and 3 out of our next 4 fixtures are Georgia (H), Faroe Islands (A) and Lithuania (H). :D

When you Highlanders and lowlanders will Accept our English team I will accept the Scottish losers you degrade us too often

I've know idea what the connection between my quote from over a year ago and your comment is. :o

In fact, I think it's time for a pre-match beer now.

Probably one of the best Scottish perormances ever.

Sour Grapes.........YES !

Against the run the Ref gave a definate No No free kick................

The early bookings, the disallowed penalty...................

As is always the case nowadays I think Money Talked !

Cosa Nostra still lives.

Again the phrase "glorious failure" will be attached to us once more. Over the 90 minutes we probably didn't do enough to win the game. Neither did the Italians. A draw would have been a fair result but to lose the game in injury time to a free kick that never should have been awarded was ridiculous. <deleted>! :o

Although Scotland might not have ultimately beaten the Italians, it was a disgraceful decision to award the Italians the free kick that allowed them to score their second goal.

Don't be silly. The Italians had one perfectly good goal disallowed. Scotlands goal was clearly offside and whether the decision for the free kick was a bad one or not, Italy still had to score from it.

Whingeing only detracts from an overall effort, for which the Scots can feel justly proud.

As a Scot by birthright I feel saddened that they lost yesterday , but there is a silver lining.

At least you can give England your undying support as ever this Wednesday!

I support NI/England/Wales/Scotland when they take on Johnny foreigner at any Sport , as all of my extended family have homes in these places.

Anyone who roots for a team opposing one of the Home nations must have identity issues.

:o

Anyone who roots for a team opposing one of the Home nations must have identity issues.

So that would mean every scotsman has identity issues the Chon :D .

all except me of course.

:D

Chon, if they wished us luck i would feel differently. But as they hate us with a passion, as far as i'm concerned they can go and cry in their Sporran's (sp) :D

all except me of course.

Chon, if they wished us luck i would feel differently. But as they hate us with a passion, as far as i'm concerned they can go and cry in their Sporran's (sp) :D

And get their ciggies wet :D

what a sickener. :o:D:D

never a free-kick at the end but no point moaning now - we've rode our luck at times during qualification. I've not seen any of the game since but I've heard ferguson's goal was possibly offside.

it was always going to be an uphill struggle after letting in an early goal.

roll on WC 2010.

all except me of course.

And get their ciggies wet :D

Ha, ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. You crack me up Greavsie.

roll on WC 2010.

Why/ Are you going somewhere :o:bah:

:D:D that's it - I'm off to purchase my croatia shirt for wednesday. :bah:

I acn recall a certain Scottish Mod of our's buying the Portugal top when we played them in the World cup :D .

Seen as England play in all the major competitions and Scotland don't , you lot must have the whole football shirt collection of the United Nations :o;):D !!!!.

roll on WC 2010.

Why/ Are you going somewhere :o:o

:D:D that's it - I'm off to purchase my croatia shirt for wednesday. :bah:

I acn recall a certain Scottish Mod of our's buying the Portugal top when we played them in the World cup :D .

Seen as England play in all the major competitions and Scotland don't , you lot must have the whole football shirt collection of the United Nations ;):D:D !!!!.

I'd love to draw england in the WC2010 quals - nice easy road to the finals after italy and france for the euros.

so when scotland emerge from pot 1, hopefully england will join us from pot 2.

:bah:

Archived