The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

A decent run out yesterday against the Brazilians. We had one decent chance in the first half but headed wide.

Scotlandnil...:D

They were the better team aye....Brazil that is aye.....:ermm::unsure:

I'm shocked an all singher.....:blink:

I am shocked you found the right thread :lol:

A decent run out yesterday against the Brazilians. We had one decent chance in the first half but headed wide.

Second half started more open and the ref anglaterre stupidly awarded them a penalty.......

Here's where I feel guilty cos the bloke sittin next to me....mild mannered mid 50's had already put up with over an hour of smokie36 ranting and ref abuse...well when they score the pen the brazilianos in the row in front start kazooun their vuzuvelas he hears me go mental and grabs the nearest vuzu off the geezer in front and farks it onto the pitch....classic moment!

I'm a bad influence.:ph34r:

2-0 decent performance but lacking bite in our attack.

The library by the way is a soulless place...rather than the sound reverberating is seems to just seep oot the walls....happily! :)

edit <mt sp as usual..>

i thought you said it was one of them vuzulela things and not a banana skin. wink.gif

Second half started more open and the ref anglaterre stupidly awarded them a penalty.......

Here's where I feel guilty cos the bloke sittin next to me....mild mannered mid 50's had already put up with over an hour of smokie36 ranting and ref abuse...well when they score the pen the brazilianos in the row in front start kazooun their vuzuvelas he hears me go mental and grabs the nearest vuzu off the geezer in front and farks it onto the pitch....classic moment!

I'm a bad influence.:ph34r:

2-0 decent performance but lacking bite in our attack.

The library by the way is a soulless place...rather than the sound reverberating is seems to just seep oot the walls....happily! :)

edit <mt sp as usual..>

i thought you said it was one of them vuzulela things and not a banana skin. wink.gif

A couple of points to clear up here.

1. The Scottish diet has changed considerably in recent years and we now make sure to get our 5 a day. Almost religious about this we are....and there's not enough bins at the library.

2. The call of racism by our fans was uncalled for. As Scotland fans we at times get to support nearly every other nation in World Cups etc....so we have no beef whatsoever with any other nation.*

Ok I might have slipped up with number 1.....

*Except England who we despise and hope their sorry country drifts away and ends up off the coast of northern Japan.(with apologies to any Japanese posters)

edit <stronger adjective re england>

Edited by smokie36

• 4 months later...

I'll see you on Copacabana beach then lads....the draw has been reasonably kind....our team might not make it but barring death by piranha fish I will be sipping the odd cocktail between games...

Ahhh the English will be changing their underwear now....England or Spain left....oh dear will they face France.....what a disappointment that was!

Good luck leetle Englanders....biggrin.gif

England get an easish draw again. :whistling:

Fair....its easier to get an easy draw if you're in Pot 1. Since we slipped down the rankings its gotten harder and harder....but our team is half decent now at least so we stand a wee chance. I wouldn't be afraid of any of the sides we're playing.

Edited by smokie36

As usual they only have to turn up to qualify.

Hahaahahah!! yes but we do normally qualify.....and you lot????????? laugh.gif

Look out for those banana skins mate....your lot are on your way down the rannkings table over the next few years. Not many world beaters coming through have you?

• 1 month later...

Fair....its easier to get an easy draw if you're in Pot 1. Since we slipped down the rankings its gotten harder and harder....but our team is half decent now at least so we stand a wee chance. I wouldn't be afraid of any of the sides we're playing.

I'd be afraid whatever side we sent out...

Still, a goal up at half-time, so no grounds for complaint, on our side, anyway...

SC

Still, a goal up at half-time, so no grounds for complaint, on our side, anyway...

SC

I hope the ref hasn't booked himself into Malmaison for the night...I'd hate to see an unfavourable review given he's no chance of a chocolate on the pillow experience in Glasgow tonight....

An encouraging display today I thought but the suspensions willm be tough for the Lithuania game.

I'm sure we're all a tad disappointed but my focus now is on Brazil...and we do have some good young players coming through....

SC

I hope the ref hasn't booked himself into Malmaison for the night...I'd hate to see an unfavourable review given he's no chance of a chocolate on the pillow experience in Glasgow tonight....

An encouraging display today I thought but the suspensions willm be tough for the Lithuania game.

I'm sure we're all a tad disappointed but my focus now is on Brazil...and we do have some good young players coming through....

I would hope he's booked himself into protective custody.

Do you reckon I should be angling for a secondment to Brazil, then? Or should I ask IanF about the angling?

SC

That ref turned in one of the worst performances possible.

How he did'nt give Baros a peno ? And then he gave the Czechs one for a dive. He was right beside it.

And that was a cast iron peno for the Scots in the 93rd minute, no doubt.

The small nation gets screwed again, well done Platini.

A decent performance last night....and a win!

Bring on the Spaniards! ermm.gifph34r.gif

Sweet flower on Scotland............GO ON THE SCOTS

It seems to me our best chance of qualifying lies in the hands of the Lithuanians. Let's hope their home support and a dodgy refereeing decision or two helps them crush the Czechs!

Even if Spain put out their reserve team we'll likely lose that one.....out of our hands really but we must win the other away game.

• 5 weeks later...

So, bring on the 'steins, as they say in Munich, possibly in a different context

SC

I have 3 Scots sitting downstairs watching TV and reading the newspapers. They don't know it yet but we're going to take over the Wellington pub in about half an hour and enjoy a 6-0 win.

That's if I can drag the sad bastards off the couch!

If the Wellie (as its affectionately known) had german hostesses and cracking steins(sp) of German beer it would be like a greyhound race....

So, bring on the 'steins, as they say in Munich, possibly in a different context

SC

Smokie: I have 3 Scots sitting downstairs watching TV and reading the newspapers.

SC: Its always nice to find a job you're good at.

Smokie:They don't know it yet but we're going to take over the Wellington pub in about half an hour and enjoy a 6-0 win.

SC: So you'll be listening to the Grand Final over the internet, then? Leeds or St Helens?

Smokie:That's if I can drag the sad bastards off the couch!

Smokie:If the Wellie (as its affectionately known) had german hostesses and cracking steins(sp) of German beer it would be like a greyhound race....

SC: You've baffled me there. I'm nervous about the cracking steins, for a start. There'll be beer everywhere.

Enjoy the game. I am considering following it on text commentary while listening to the rugby from Old Trafford... but it is a bit late in the evening for me

SC

SC

Smokie: I have 3 Scots sitting downstairs watching TV and reading the newspapers.

Smokie:They don't know it yet but we're going to take over the Wellington pub in about half an hour and enjoy a 6-0 win.

SC: So you'll be listening to the Grand Final over the internet, then? Leeds or St Helens?

Smokie:If the Wellie (as its affectionately known) had german hostesses and cracking steins(sp) of German beer it would be like a greyhound race....

SC: You've baffled me there. I'm nervous about the cracking steins, for a start. There'll be beer everywhere.

Enjoy the game. I am considering following it on text commentary while listening to the rugby from Old Trafford... but it is a bit late in the evening for me

SC

I'll be watching the rugby later....so don't tell me the result!

Anyway I'd have to stay at home to watch that and if I did that the old fogeys I share with would be wanting to watch a fishing programme or maybe some baboons mating....

SC

SC

I'll be watching the rugby later....so don't tell me the result!

Anyway I'd have to stay at home to watch that and if I did that the old fogeys I share with would be wanting to watch a fishing programme or maybe some baboons mating....

You might want to stay off the Live Rugby League thread until you've seen it, then...

I'll not put the result in the title of a PM, either

Scotland play Ireland at Scotstoun Stadium on 16 October, but I don't think that will be in Truesports either.

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!

To emphasise the point

I AM AMAZED AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!

The Scotland game is on live, on Astro, which is not too surprising, they show a lot of the Euro Qualifiers BUT SO IS THE GRAND FINAL!!!!!

First game of Superleague football I'll have seen since I left Dubai (Albeit a little off topic for this thread)

SC

Q/ What do you call a Scotsman at the World cup or European finals?

A/ REF :D

Ref, Sir.

Unless its soccer.

Sad to see such lack of faith from a member SC....I always believed we would win.....I only wobbled a bit in the chip shop on the way home because....well...a fiver for a bit of fish...???

Q/ What do you call a Scotsman at the World cup or European finals?

A/ REF :D

Ref, Sir.

Unless its soccer.

Sad to see such lack of faith from a member SC....I always believed we would win.....I only wobbled a bit in the chip shop on the way home because....well...a fiver for a bit of fish...???

Well, it wasn't a cricket score, it wasn't 6-0, but it was still 3 points on the table. Assuming that Lithuania give the Czechs an embarrassing thrashing next week, we could be in with a chance...

SC