The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha

McClown is asking " quickest route to airport and step on it "

Not going anywhere until he gets his pay off. :D

2 and a half million squid pay off for being sh#te at your job and then getting the sack :D .

That's what's wrong with England and the F.A at the moment ( and for the past 40 odd years :D ).

Something drastically new is needed in the new set up and from the new manager.

I'm still in the camp that wants to see Alan Shearer get the job. He has no track record in management but neither did Klinsmann or Van Basten , and also the architect of our downfall last night Slaven Bilic , so why not Shearer :o . As I've posted before we haven't had any glory on the football pitch for the past 40 years so why not try something new :bah: .

Regarding Shearer and his " dull personality " , after watching many interviews of his teamates and reading a few football autobiographies you see that Shearer is a different guy when not on camera. I'm sure he won't be an F.A yes man.

As for other potential candidates , Mourinho is to clever to become the boss and as for Klinsmann , we don't won't a German in charge of our team do we :D .

Ha Ha

McClown is asking " quickest route to airport and step on it "

Not going anywhere until he gets his pay off. :D

2 and a half million squid pay off for being sh#te at your job and then getting the sack :D .

That's what's wrong with England and the F.A at the moment ( and for the past 40 odd years :D ).

Something drastically new is needed in the new set up and from the new manager.

I'm still in the camp that wants to see Alan Shearer get the job. He has no track record in management but neither did Klinsmann or Van Basten , and also the architect of our downfall last night Slaven Bilic , so why not Shearer :o . As I've posted before we haven't had any glory on the football pitch for the past 40 years so why not try something new :bah: .

Regarding Shearer and his " dull personality " , after watching many interviews of his teamates and reading a few football autobiographies you see that Shearer is a different guy when not on camera. I'm sure he won't be an F.A yes man.

As for other potential candidates , Mourinho is to clever to become the boss and as for Klinsmann , we don't won't a German in charge of our team do we :D .

woops !! , wrong thread :bah: .

world cup qualifying draw:

group 9

holland

scotland

norway

macedonia

iceland

I think that's ok tbh - managed to avoid italy and france and I don't think holland are as strong as they have been in recent years.

some tricky away matches though.

Yes - a good group for the Scots.

And they've managed to avoid Costa Rica again. :o

world cup qualifying draw:

group 9

holland

scotland

norway

macedonia

iceland

I think that's ok tbh - managed to avoid italy and france and I don't think holland are as strong as they have been in recent years.

some tricky away matches though.

Yes - a good group for the Scots.

And they've managed to avoid Costa Rica again. :o

:D :D :D :D

Scotland fight to retain McLeish

Source:BBC

McLeish has not ruled out a return to club management

The Scottish Football Association is battling to hold on to Alex McLeish, with Birmingham strongly linked with a move for the national manager.

"We have had an approach for our manager," chief executive Gordon Smith told the Scottish Sun.

"We don't want to discuss it all, so the club involved has been advised they cannot have permission to speak to Alex at the moment.

"We must make it clear we want to retain Alex as manager of Scotland."

Birmingham have so far declined to comment on widespread reports that they are anxious to discuss their managerial vacancy with McLeish.

The English Premier League club are looking for a replacement for Steve Bruce, who has quit the club to join rivals Wigan.

But a spokesperson for Birmingham told BBC Sport that the club would not comment on "speculation".

McLeish, 48, has not ruled out a return to club management in the future.

The former Rangers, Hibernian and Motherwell manager narrowly missed out on qualification for the Euro 2008 finals.

His Scotland side received plaudits after defeating World Cup finalists France home and away in their qualifying group.

McLeish's contract with Scotland has three years to run, and he would not guarantee he would still be in charge for the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

"It's a long time away," he told BBC Sport. "You can never tell in football.

"It's something that is always out of your control. I am Scotland manager until something else happens."

The SFA are lining up an improved contract for McLeish and will demand substantial compensation should he be lured away.

Ok, question for the Scots. Is he going?If he does who do you want as the next manager? And should the SFA do everyting to keep him?

I'd say it would be a great loss considering the progress made, but I'm sure the more educated Scotsmen will have some further views on it. I have no idea why he would want to go to Birmingham, other than the potential bigger earnings. There is a lot of uncertainty there, and it's not even confirmed if Carson Yeung will take over, or if he actually has the money he says he does. There is another Carson Yeung who is a billionaire, but it isn't the one stalking Birmingham.

I think he's holding out for the man u hotseat.

He'll have to go and get his "whinging and moaning" badges first. He'll then have to learn how to make the referee's watch stop working when he needs to, by thought control. And finally, he'll have to get a big <deleted> off red nose :o

Ok, question for the Scots. Is he going?If he does who do you want as the next manager?

he could do a job swap with fergie - guide us to world cup victory before he finally retires. I'd settle for that. :o

realistically, I reckon souness will be next manager if eck goes.

According to Football focus last night they said the Mc'leish's salary would jump from 400K with the SFA to 1.6M with Brum.

Can't really blame him for leaving. We should really be asking the question why the national coach of Scotland can quadruple his wages by going to a struggling Premiership team. Something not right there. :o

For his replacement, I suppose Billy Davies or Gary McAllister would be fine. Just as long as it isn't Souness.

According to Football focus last night they said the Mc'leish's salary would jump from 400K with the SFA to 1.6M with Brum.

Can't really blame him for leaving. We should really be asking the question why the national coach of Scotland can quadruple his wages by going to a struggling Premiership team. Something not right there. :D

For his replacement, I suppose Billy Davies or Gary McAllister would be fine. Just as long as it isn't Souness.

Souness and McClown together as a double act would do me just fine. We'll even throw in Lawrie MacMenemy for free as well. :o

Archived