Missing two molars, painful with permanent implant?

dagling

Considering getting a new pair of molars permanent (implant), but suffers a bit of fear of dentists LOL ...

Is this a painful experience, and what does it cost to get this done. Live upstairs in Khon Kaen.

Thank you in advance for your input;-)

I suspect it would cost between 100-150k depending on the grade of implant. I chose the sissy way out and obtained a partial denture under 20k myself (there were concerns medically) but implant was proposed until I said no. There can be issues (my step-son spent several weeks in hospital as a result of such surgery - it is not always routine - but that said if young or middle age I would give it a try if fixed bridge not an option. For us long-in-the-tooth probably not that good an investment.

• 3 weeks later...

Some say getting an implant is less painful then extractions cuz they will just drill the hole and place a fixture but for extraction they have to move the tooth around, push and pull or whatever before its coming out lol. Would like to hear how it goes i may need one in the near future too.

If the doctor is experienced extraction should not be painful - my pain was looking at the pulled roots when he was done - did not feel anything during process. But can still remember the pulling of an abscessed tooth as a teenager - that was extreme pain - but due to bad dentistry.

Drilling holes in the wall I am all for - in my mouth; not so much.

But in any case the tooth has to be extracted before you drill a hole so 'double the pleasure'.

Some say getting an implant is less painful then extractions cuz they will just drill the hole and place a fixture but for extraction they have to move the tooth around, push and pull or whatever before its coming out lol. Would like to hear how it goes i may need one in the near future too.

I didn't feel much, but removing the skin on top of the bone, drilling a hole into it and screw in the the titanium thing is more like in the car repair shop than at the doc. No pain but scary.....