Man stomps lover to death after not getting his drinks

Thaivisa News

I showed this to my wife. she said she saw it in Thai. the story is quite different in Thai news. The Thai news says they were married.And lived together for 3 months.It also says he ask for money for noodles because he was hungry. I believe the english version. Cover ups, cover ups, cover ups it is starting to really bother me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I showed this to my wife. she said she saw it in Thai. the story is quite different in Thai news. The Thai news says they were married.And lived together for 3 months.It also says he ask for money for noodles because he was hungry. I believe the english version. Cover ups, cover ups, cover ups it is starting to really bother me.

Yes, this is what my Thai girl said. And so I believe it is another story. This is a young Thai male and young girl at a noodle stand. The OP story is about an aged Thai man and his middle aged former lover at a merit making ceremony.

I guess the take away message here is that there are two distinct and different types of "Thainess".

There is female thainess.

And there is male thainess.

Male thainess can be seen to encompass bashing or shooting women to death.

Just a few examples in the past week.

1. 81 year old Thai male tortures a girl and then strangles her to death in a love hotel
  2. 43 year old Thai male shoots his 18 year old girl (child) in a love hotel
  3. The OP story. A 79 year old Thai male beats his ex girl to death in front of her family
  4. The video clip above depicting a young Thai male shooting a young Thai girl in the face with a sling shot, kicking and beating her (apparently because she would not pay for noodles)

Of course there are many other examples, for example the recent one in America where a Thai male working at a University shot a Thai girl studying her Phd, but, to be frank, trying to keep track of all the recent Thai male domestic violence stories is now just impossible.

Now...over to the apologists...

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

What an astonishing story. The old man must be full of piss and vinegar and quite a stud but obviously had alcohol related anger issues. What a sad way for a relationship to end.

Nothing to do with upbringing and bottled emotions eh?

They thought it was a domestic dispute. So this is the reason they did not intervene. There is no difference between a stranger or husband or boyfriend pounding on a wife or girlfriend

This is totally not acceptable..

The blood of this woman is on the hands of the crowd that saw this and did nothing.

This is Thai society and it is sick Very sick. No mater what you see If you see a man hitting a woman you must have some sort of intervention

Onlookers didn't intervene. What kind of sick society is this?

here we go Thai bashing again and claim some onlookers are representative for a society! it's you who is sick! w00t.gif

So you condone this behaviour as acceptable ?

Sick !

Not sick at all the way I see it, either way.

"Onlookers didn't intervene" --> Not condonable.

"what kind of sick society..." --> Thai bashing

Yes, this is what my Thai girl said. And so I believe it is another story. This is a young Thai male and young girl at a noodle stand. The OP story is about an aged Thai man and his middle aged former lover at a merit making ceremony.

I guess the take away message here is that there are two distinct and different types of "Thainess".

There is female thainess.

And there is male thainess.

Male thainess can be seen to encompass bashing or shooting women to death.

Just a few examples in the past week.

1. 81 year old Thai male tortures a girl and then strangles her to death in a love hotel
  2. 43 year old Thai male shoots his 18 year old girl (child) in a love hotel
  3. The OP story. A 79 year old Thai male beats his ex girl to death in front of her family
  4. The video clip above depicting a young Thai male shooting a young Thai girl in the face with a sling shot, kicking and beating her (apparently because she would not pay for noodles)

Of course there are many other examples, for example the recent one in America where a Thai male working at a University shot a Thai girl studying her Phd, but, to be frank, trying to keep track of all the recent Thai male domestic violence stories is now just impossible.

Now...over to the apologists...

What hope is there for young Thai males?

The current role models, their middle aged fathers, and their grandfathers, strangle, stomp, shoot and kill girls.

The domestic violence facet of male Thainess is now ubiquitous.

Three generations of Thai men are doing it.

What prey tell, will intervene to stop future Thai boys doing exactly the same?

Rhetorical question. The answer is nothing.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

Another fine episode of "Discover Thainess!" - nice TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) slogan to promote a rotten to the core society that (to a good 60%) consists of drunks, drug addicts, downright criminals, cowards, pretenders, hollow HiSo shells, and wannabe nazis? The remaining 40% are the ones that work for the rotten 60%.

Please don't get me wrong, I myself have Thai family who I love to bits, half Thai/foreign kids and many Thai friends who are anything from artist, musician over architect to lawyer, farmer, chef, electrician, you name it, honorable and upstanding people... The thing is - when you are close to them and then talk about their society honestly from man to man, they will tell you how disgusted they are with those estimated 60%, even more than us (the whities). They know exactly what is wrong with their country, the society, educational system, corrupt officials, etc. and they sound worn out to an extend that I feel many of us long time expats are worn out by this daily fight against wind mills and the daily struggle with that stupid "mai pen rai" mentality. I am lucky to say that I am surrounded by caring Thai people here, who even nurture fallen out of the nest sparrows back to health and who would give their last fish to a neighbor in need. I am blessed, but many other expats are not.

My rants go out in sympathy to the many foreigners and expats who are not that lucky, emotionally stable, financially sound, etc. to withstand the horrors of that daily grind the messed up 60% of Thais are willing to tease you with, while putting on their superficial smiles... My rants go out in sympathy to the smaller percentage of good and upstanding Thai citizens who suffer under those rotten ones, resulting in many disgruntled and disillusioned Thai lovers to eventually measure everything in LOS by te same yardstick... There still is hope, but it's getting weaker by the day.

Edited by catweazle

here we go Thai bashing again and claim some onlookers are representative for a society! it's you who is sick! w00t.gif

What a sad, pathetic Thai apologist you are. Get a life Naam, away from your keyboard.

Poor lady, victim of this absolutely sickening and cowardly attack.

I hope her family and friends have lots of caring supportive people around them at this tragic time.

RIP.

Do you think it is better to make jokes and ridicule someone's death?

I see a bunch of expat losers whining about no one intervening, yet there always seems to be competition who is going to crack a joke at the expense of Thai society.... and for what? For a bunch of likes on the internet forum.

AS IF any of you losers would stop this.

Please do not thank me for this post.

What a sad, pathetic Thai apologist you are. Get a life Naam, away from your keyboard.

Naam has a life...and he is anything but pathetic.

100% of the onlookers did not intervene. Must be some kind of representation there don't you think?

What part of Thainess does this elude too ? and yes sensless violence does occur in other countries but not with such banality and senseless regularity. The mental health of this country is in serious doubt.

Yes. It does, only worse. If you've not heard of Rotherham, ask Mr Google about it.

Rotherham does not excuse this dreadful man and his enabling merit-makers. Neither are the alleged "men" of Rotherham, in the slightest way, unique in their banality and senselessness as this incident shows.

But you are wrong it doesn't occur elsewhere. That's the problem - it occurs everywhere, and often far, far worse than this isolated incident. In Rotherham, however, it was far worse, far more banal and senseless, and the true guilty parties - the counterparts of these merit-makers - are (not "were" but "are") the police, social workers and politicians who weren't even called on their immoral, banal senselessness.

At least in this horrible incident, the guilty were a bunch of half- or full-drunk villagers. England is far worse than Thailand in this comparison, not even close.

The same happened wirh my friend Slortvot in Krieverland...he slapped his yodi and the eye pooped out and the. It was the CNN that bailed him out of jail before they could yakball him

domestic violence is always the same whether it is in Thailand or Europe and people don't like to interfere in case they are dragged into a situation not of their choosing .

This makes no sense whatsoever. The family members were present, filmed it, and did nothing until the poor woman was dead. Do you see this situation happening in a civilized nation? If there is a family dispute happening in front of you, when a life is in danger, you don't just sit on your arse like these creeps did.

and what would have happened if a passing Farang decided he just couldn't stand watching this and pushed the venerable old man away..? probably beaten up by the watchers for his trouble....

The same happened wirh my friend Slortvot in Krieverland...he slapped his yodi and the eye pooped out and the. It was the CNN that bailed him out of jail before they could yakball him

Slortvot, Krieverland, yodi, pooped out, yakball.

I consider myself to be of average intelligence and have good comprehension. help me here, what on earth was this post about. Anyone?facepalm.gif

Yes, Thai Bashing indeed. A Thai THUG bashed a Thai Woman to Death while a bunch of THAIS watched on and allowed him to make mince-meat of her.

So just WHAT would you call it, what would YOU have done? Sounds like you've joined the SICK Society too.

This facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ceclip?fref=ts is one of (perhaps the) most popular in Thailand with the guts of 9 million followers.

Daily it posts sickening videos of onlookers standing by and videoing violence. I`d bet money the incident above was videoed. When I raised it on here a few months back the usual crew came out with their "Thai bashing" or "you`re friends arent hiso like mine" nonsense. Glad to see more sympathy on this thread.

The truth is it is a very sick society that can sit back and not only watch but video such violence. In other countries such videos would lead to prosecution whilst in Thailand we all know the police will do nothing.

On this occassion this lady paid the ultimate price.

There was no mention of the word 'Thai' until you chirped in.

'Society' is not synonymous with Nationality.

This group stood around and watched the 'bashing' which ultimately became a murder.........