Where to buy white asparagus in Bangkok?

Try MAKRO, there's a chinese brand "White Rabbit" white asparagus, however only the canned version, 800 grms net 500 grms drained.

There is no white fresh asparagus in the whole of Thailand, only the green type ' noo man farang'

For freshly pulled asparagus , you'll have to visit Schwetzingen Germany, which is famous for it's fresh SPARGEL. You will have to go NOW because the season has already started and will not last any longer then into mid/end of June

There is no white fresh asparagus in the whole of Thailand, only the green type ' noo man farang'

That's clearly untrue. The Anantara hotel is currently advertising "Celebrate White Asparagus Season". The menu looks good. http://bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/uploads/promotions/Brio_White_Asparagus_Menu.pdf

Just a simple misunderstanding. FRESH White Asparagus he says is not available anywhere in Thailand. The Menu you posted advertises white asparagus but does not mention fresh white asparagus...so I would assume it is canned.

As to where to find White asparagus...to my surprise I saw canned white asparagus at a couple of small Thai/Chinese Bakery supply shops. This is in Ubon. I'm sure some of the Thai / Chinese Bakery supply stores in Bangkok would have that as well.

That's clearly untrue. The Anantara hotel is currently advertising "Celebrate White Asparagus Season". The menu looks good. http://bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/uploads/promotions/Brio_White_Asparagus_Menu.pdf

Just a simple misunderstanding. FRESH White Asparagus he says is not available anywhere in Thailand. The Menu you posted advertises white asparagus but does not mention fresh white asparagus...so I would assume it is canned.

As to where to find White asparagus...to my surprise I saw canned white asparagus at a couple of small Thai/Chinese Bakery supply shops. This is in Ubon. I'm sure some of the Thai / Chinese Bakery supply stores in Bangkok would have that as well.

There are numerous hotels in Bangkok currently offering fresh white asparagus imported from Germany. These are seasonal offers. From memory, Conrad is another one. So no, it's not canned. The thought that somewhere of the standard of Anantara uses canned asparagus is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

There are numerous hotels in Bangkok currently offering fresh white asparagus imported from Germany. These are seasonal offers. From memory, Conrad is another one. So no, it's not canned. The thought that somewhere of the standard of Anantara uses canned asparagus is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

I did not say that it was or was not canned...just assuming. However, if you believe that a high end hotel would not use canned vegetables or in this case canned asparagus is quite frankly, ludicrous. While high end hotels do use quality ingredients, they certainly do NOT make it a top priority. Besides working in a high end restaurant in southern California ( and having close connections with various hotel staff ), I also worked for a restaurant / hotel supplier for about year. We would for example deliver frozen Calamari and looking at the hotels menu it was labeled fresh calamari....just one of many examples I could give. Customers would rave how that was the best calamari they have ever had....the "trick" is how it is prepared, presented and the environment you are in.

Back to White Asparagus...good to know that Royal Farms has their own white Asparagus. I'll see if I can get a hold of some :)