Proof of residence & financial income in Vientiane

On my last 2 entry tourist visa from Vientiane I received a blue stamp stating that "Proofs of residence in Thailand & financial income are required next time."

I plan on going to the consulate again at the end of this month to apply for a new 2 entry tourist visa. I have a bank book from K-Bank that shows more than enough money coming in every month (not sure if it shows that it is coming in from a foreign account, but it is) so I assume that would serve as my financial proof. Or should I bring cash money too? Then for the proof of residence; can this be an internet bill or do I have to get an official document from immigration?

Currently my Dutch passport holds 2x double entry tourist visas from Vientiane, 1x single entry from Kuala Lumpur and a few exemption stamps.

Is it still a good idea for me to go to Vientiane and try to get a double entry TR? Or should I go elsewhere? If so, which consulate would be best.

Cheers ^^

They will want to see proof that you receive an income from abroad and thus are not working illegally. Income statements or money tranfsers from abroad should do it. (You can get more extensive printouts from your bank).

Proof of residence should be a utility bill or such in your name or a rental contract with copy of ID and household registration of home owner.

They will want to see proof that you receive an income from abroad and thus are not working illegally. Income statements or money tranfsers from abroad should do it. (You can get more extensive printouts from your bank).

Proof of residence should be a utility bill or such in your name or a rental contract with copy of ID and household registration of home owner.

Possibly , you can also print your Dutch bank statement that show the transfer to a Thailand account. This will prove that the money come from abroad as you have both statement.

• 4 weeks later...

I just come back from Vientiane. Nothing is sure anymore. I got my third 2x Tourist Visa from there in a row. No blue or red stamp. Two guys on our group got also the visa, but was refused to enter Thailand at the border. I don't know what was exactly the problem. The boss of the visa tour company told me, a guy got denied for a tourist visa, even he provided documents which proof that he got his income from abroad and that he own a condo.

So, everything is possible. Nothing is save. It becomes more and more like a lottery. I was lucky. Once again. Anyway, i will visit my Family in November and will apply my next visa in my home country.

On the flip-side, i understand that the immigration is aware of the many tr visa holders who working something. I met 3 guys in my group who do work.

Be careful guys. Good luck to all.

Visa refused. They wouldnt even look at the documents I brought. I ended up paying some taxi driver outside the consulate 12k baht for a double entry TR visa.

Wow.

Sorry to hear that...

So what the so-called "Red Stamp" really means is : "Our consulate will not no longer issue you a visa".

It has nothing to do with income or proof of address.

It's just them saying 'ENOUGH'

Visa refused. They wouldnt even look at the documents I brought. I ended up paying some taxi driver outside the consulate 12k baht for a double entry TR visa.

Since when do taxi drivers issue very expensive visas ?

More explanation is required .

I just come back from Vientiane. Nothing is sure anymore. I got my third 2x Tourist Visa from there in a row. No blue or red stamp. Two guys on our group got also the visa, but was refused to enter Thailand at the border. I don't know what was exactly the problem. The boss of the visa tour company told me, a guy got denied for a tourist visa, even he provided documents which proof that he got his income from abroad and that he own a condo.

So, everything is possible. Nothing is save. It becomes more and more like a lottery. I was lucky. Once again. Anyway, i will visit my Family in November and will apply my next visa in my home country.

On the flip-side, i understand that the immigration is aware of the many tr visa holders who working something. I met 3 guys in my group who do work.

Be careful guys. Good luck to all.

I knew it, now that everyone is deserting ED Visas, I knew they'd crack down on tourist visa...

Do you know what nationalities the guys refused were?

Were they given a reason?

One guy was from England. The nationality from the other one i don't know. I don't know about the reason. May be i will get more infos this week when i meet my visa agent.

Thanks alocacoc, please keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing !

They had a contact with a consulate official in Savanakhet. Took 3 days from payment for my passport with the new visa to arrive back in Vientiane.

They had a contact with a consulate official in Savanakhet. Took 3 days from payment for my passport with the new visa to arrive back in Vientiane.

Lets hope that probably fake "visa" is not closely examined by immigration .

You are totally responsible for what is in the passport .............

Lets hope that probably fake "visa" is not closely examined by immigration .

You are totally responsible for what is in the passport .............

No reason to assume it's probably fake. Most such services involve a genuine contact at the consulate in question.

Edited by eaglesflight

Shouls be ! That's the problem no one really knows, all sorts of things are being asked of applicants. A certificate of residence might be best if there is such a thing, and getting the landlord/condo to register you as being resident at the address

eaglesflight
A "visa" obtained by illegal means is and will remain illegal even if (big if) it is "genuine"!
Check this before being so "certain" ................

You're the one who seems so eager to be 'certain'. First of all you claimed it was probably fake, now you've backtracked and said if it is genuine then it's illegal. A two-year old story about missing visa stamps in Malaysia doesn't really give your theory any more weight.

Basically, if he has a genuine visa issued by genuine consulate staff then your opinion of its legality is neither here nor there.

I didn't want to start a big argument about it really but you appeared almost gleeful in your eagerness to tell the guy his visa is probably fake, which I found rather sad. The only people who seem to have a problem with 'under the table' arrangements in South East Asia are other Westerners, not the locals.

Edited by eaglesflight
  • Like 1

I have never heard of fake visas in Thailand.

Where does this nonsense come from?

The same "nonsense"" bin as your continual (unproven) allegations of "corruption" associated with Ed visas ?

What do you want us to say?

That there is no corruption in Thailand?

nzexpat - so many of your posts are negative and add nothing of value to the thread. It appears that many times all your posts do is derail the topic. In this instance your squabbling has moved things on to education visas, which is nowhere close to the original topic.

Hopefully a mod will put the thread back in order and delete a few posts, including this one - but not before you have time to read this.

• Like 2

nzexpat - so many of your posts are negative and add nothing of value to the thread. It appears that many times all your posts do is derail the topic. In this instance your squabbling has moved things on to education visas, which is nowhere close to the original topic.

Hopefully a mod will put the thread back in order and delete a few posts, including this one - but not before you have time to read this.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I would add that his posts are often personal attacks and false information presented as true, that does not give the best image of this forum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Laos will issue a double entry tourist visa to an Asian ( Cambodia)

I am currently in Penang, tried to get Cambodian GF her 1 year non b visa ( she has a valid wp) they wont issue the visa, an my agent told me they wont issue ANY VISAS to any ASIANS an they can ONLY get them in their own country. even a tourist visa

Can anyone else confirm this or.....

I am at my wits end.here in Penang heading back ( by car) tomorrow to Thailand where she will only get a 15 days visa exempt stamp.

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2015 at 11:43 AM, insertcoins said:

Why didn't you just take a van to Savannakhet for a few hundred baht and do the process there?  Assume you were on a time crunch.

I actually am in a similar situation now, as I have the red stamp AND the blue stamp which says that documents must be provided next time. I'm not sure if I should risk going to Vientiane or if I should go to Savannakhet instead.

The good thing is, the last tourist visa I was issued was over 18 months ago, and after that I spent 8 months in USA, so I should be good, should I not?