Letting all know IS POSSIBLE Non B & WP without 4 Employees

I wanted to share my experience in getting my Non B and WP in the last 4 months. I originally had set out to hire 4 employees and do everything by the books. I hired a well known law firm here in Thailand and they were excellent every step of the way. PM if you would like the information of the actual attorney and I will connect you to them.

Skipping to the step of registering 4 Thai Employees to obtain the work permit: I had all the future employees fill out all the regular documents, information, etc... We then took pictures of them working just like you have always had to. We took all this back to the law firm and they went to apply for the work permit. They were denied and told that the steps and the law had changed. I was now required to obtain my Non B Visa first. The law firm suggested I visit the Thai Consulate in Penang for this. They prepared all of the papers for the Consulate, INCLUDING the papers and anything to do with the 4 future employees that were in the plans of being hired. I got the Non B easily in Penang, the Thai Consulate office was very relaxed and easy to work with. Once I was back in BKK, myself and a one of the (law staff?) went to the place for the work ministry(not sure exactly where) to apply for the work permit. It took about 15 minutes and I had the work permit.

I was told by the law firm that next year when I go to renew the work permit that I will THEN have to show proof of the Thai Employees and paying their social funds from that point forward. So as of now I have 1 YEAR to ramp up business BEFORE having to hire the 4 employees.

And for fun, here is my Company, <commercial link removed by Maestro>

Im

It's interesting that you were told that you had to get your visa before you applied for your work permit as many embassies and consulates in the region will not issue a non imm B visa without a work permit acceptance letter from the ministry of labour.

Did you get this from the Ministry of Labour and take it with you to Penang?

Also, did you get a single entry or a multiple entry non imm B visa from Penang?

If you got a single entry, how are you going to get your 1 year extension of stay without proof of Social Fund payments for your employees?

Edited by blackcab

Joshuadixon, if you want to post evidence of the existence of your company feel free to post a copy of the company registration certificate or the company affidavit, not a link to your commercial website.

• Like 1

No I was not able to get anything to do with the work permit at all before the non b. Originally we did try to, but the ministry of labor refused to do anything until I had the non b. I don't have a 1 year extension, but it is a multi entry non b. I travel out of country more often than every 90 days so it works fine for my situation.

A post commenting about moderation has been removed.

From Forum Rules

"12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain."

"10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues.

Surely you will also need to provide proof of Tax being paid (if the staff achieve the taxation level) and their social security registration plus payments....

Nope, only need to show social security payments for previous 3 months prior to WP expiry