Visa agency Fees expensive?

Ok so here's my questions. I am recently Married and am trying to get a visa based on marriage.

I am 30 years old so am not getting a retirement visa.

I have gone to some visa agencies and they are quoting me 25000 baht to do all the paperwork so I can apply for the visa based on marriage.

Doesn't 25000 baht seem a little expensive? Also what are they really doing for me for that price of 25000 and is it worth it?

Is this easy to do myself?

They try and make out that things are more complicated than they seem! Its their job I guess.

And you will get very little service for that 25K.

Most people do it themselves and quite successfully... you are married thats a good start, it's common sense.. You need to show that she has reason to return, simple as that!

You are outside of Thailand and need a VISA to visit Thailand, based on marriage to a Thai national?

Or, are you here in Thailand already and looking to visit an Immigration office for an EXTENSION OF STAY based on marriage to a Thai national?

Two different animals.

In any case, no visa agency needed.

Moving this to the Visas for Thailand forum.

Mac

Where are you located now?

What type of visa entry do you have now? You need a non immigrant visa entry to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Can you meet the financial proof needed to get the extension? You need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 day or 40k baht income.

LOL !!

Guess who assembles and provides all the paperwork ? ( Hint.......... it is not the "agent" )

25000 for a paperclip is indeed expensive !

Do it yourself

Edited by nzexpat

What type of visa entry do you have now? You need a non immigrant visa entry to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Can you meet the financial proof needed to get the extension? You need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 day or 40k baht income.

I am currently in Thailand on a ED visa

I have 400K in a Thai bank.

What would 25k baht be paying for?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am currently in Thailand on a ED visa

I have 400K in a Thai bank.

What would 25k baht be paying for?

Nothing that cannot be achieved by a person of very average intelligence

Why not start new thread which asks , specifically, how to secure an extension of stay based on marriage and what "paperwork" is required to support a successful application ?

• Like 1