EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

I'd go for Austin or the WBA lad.

"WBA lad" I can't be arsed trying spell it either.

You mean as apposed to the 40 year old Benteke...give over wink.png

To be honest I'm not sure I'd have any of them, including Benteke, but we'll see i guess.

4 me everything's right about the 'w b kid',rolleyes.gif age hunger touch and pace.bit of strength bit of power,he can hold the ball with bac to goal he can FINISH i could well be wrong but to me atm he looks the real deal sort of a cross between a defoe and a daniel strurridge but without the issues aint quite got sturridges quick feet but the rest,,,,. Only question is, can he step up a level, but then that's the same for most of tottenhams and liverpools transfer targets the ' sure bets' are looking for season in season out champions league footie and will get it.

Edited by rijit

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd go for Austin or the WBA lad.

"WBA lad" I can't be arsed trying spell it either.

You mean as apposed to the 40 year old Benteke...give over wink.png

To be honest I'm not sure I'd have any of them, including Benteke, but we'll see i guess.

4 me everything's right about the 'w b kid',rolleyes.gif age hunger touch and pace.bit of strength bit of power,he can hold the ball with bac to goal he can FINISH i could well be wrong but to me atm he looks the real deal sort of a cross between a defoe and a daniel strurridge but without the issues aint quite got sturridges quick feet but the rest,,,,. Only question is, can he step up a level, but then that's the same for most of tottenhams and liverpools transfer targets the ' sure bets' are looking for season in season out champions league footie and will get it.

That could be Benteke you described there wink.png .

That's right so many players get billed as the next this or that, price tag slapped on them and the majority never live up to the task, it's a totalcrap shoot this transfer malarky. Unless, like you say you, sign a sure bet, generally beyond the realms of our efforts. Looking for CL and that wedge.

biggest problem with berahino is his bloody agent.

rijit

Yeah coarse it is if.you listen to

what he's said bout him he partly puts his improvement down to his agent ., apparently he's push's good diet healthy life style ect ect.

Edited by rijit

rijit

what he's said bout him he partly puts his improvement down to his agent ., apparently he's push's good diet healthy life style ect ect.

Not to mention regular inhalations of Nitrous Oxide etc etccheesy.gif

StevieH on 02 Jul 2015 - 15:55, said:

perfectly happy with people talking benteke down, he's obviously really, really good. 49 goals in 101 appearances in a team not particularly set up to attack. scores all kinds of goals, neat finishes to headers. is fast, strong, links up well, works hard and just scores pots of goals against any level of opposition. i'll be well happy if we get him.

here's a villa fan on him by the way who has watched him plenty more than any of us have: https://www.reddit.c...ns_surrounding/

StevieH

benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

Does this is a lot, last one being Ings, thats why he's the No.1 flip flopper biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Konoplyanka has rejected the tiny totts and is signing for Sevilla.

CI-EKQwXAAAQD23.jpg

Liverpool embarked on a wild goose chase last January to secure the transfer of Ukrainian winger Yevhen Konoplyanka only to miss out on the move in the window's final moments. Since then, Konoplyanka's name has been replaced in the rumor mill by players like Alexandre Lacazette and Saido Berahino.

However, he's still only 25 and his contract expires this summer, making it likely that the links to Liverpool will ramp up in the coming months. The Metro has gotten out to a head start, using a report from TuttomercatoWeb to claim that Liverpool are set to bring him to Anfield on a free transfer this summer

We can all post rubbish wils biggrin.png

So which one do you reckon he actually believes alfie?

rijit

Depends whether he signs or not whistling.gif

Ah gotcha, so he doesnt really believe either one just adapts for when the situation needs,, who would have thought it !!!:D:D:D

rijit

So which one do you reckon he actually believes alfie?

rijit

Depends whether he signs or not whistling.gif[/quote

Reassuring for the players though having fans that are so straight forward.

rijit

The Metro has gotten out to a head start, using a report from TuttomercatoWeb to claim that Liverpool are set to bring him to Anfield on a free transfer this summer

Normally on ignore Alfie lad.....but as I was expecting a direct response to my post, I had a look....As expected, you didn't let me down numbnuts....The Metro for chrissakecheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Is Petr Cech the close season's best (bargain) signing?

IMO if he plays the same as usual, he's worth at least 10 points to Arsenal.

WHAT???

10MILLION, bargain????

Yup, world class goalkeepers don't come cheap even if they are getting on a bit.

How much would Casilas or Buffon cost at the same age?

StevieH on 02 Jul 2015 - 15:55, said:

perfectly happy with people talking benteke down, he's obviously really, really good. 49 goals in 101 appearances in a team not particularly set up to attack. scores all kinds of goals, neat finishes to headers. is fast, strong, links up well, works hard and just scores pots of goals against any level of opposition. i'll be well happy if we get him.

here's a villa fan on him by the way who has watched him plenty more than any of us have: https://www.reddit.c...ns_surrounding/

StevieH

benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

Does this is a lot, last one being Ings, thats why he's the No.1 flip flopper biggrin.png

yes sheer contradiction at its highest, should be hung in the hall of shame for flip floppers or turncoats, .full stop

rijit

Actually you only have to listen the the agent himself to know what he's all about. Theres no need to listen to others opinions.

Is Petr Cech the close season's best (bargain) signing?

IMO if he plays the same as usual, he's worth at least 10 points to Arsenal.

WHAT???

10MILLION, bargain????

In current football market prices, of course its a bargain.

Just as well. If he didn't work out there are too may easy epithets - o-no-plonker, only-a-plank, any-. And that's without trying hard!

Edit: [re konoplyanka not going to Spurs]

Edited by SantiSuk

Podolskis transfer into the Turkish wilderness (Galatasaray) has been completed per the Grauniad for EU4m. I wasn't aware that Britain or Turkey were in the Euro but no matter.

He scored some important goals for us and was a popular personality within the squad apparently, but did little else in a world that demands a lot more than a fierce left boot. Wenger wanted him to stay but could not guarantee giving him a starting position (code for not until hell freezes over or everyone goes sick). Presumably Wenger wants him to stay for his jokes!

The Metro has gotten out to a head start, using a report from TuttomercatoWeb to claim that Liverpool are set to bring him to Anfield on a free transfer this summer

Normally on ignore Alfie lad.....but as I was expecting a direct response to my post, I had a look....As expected, you didn't let me down numbnuts....The Metro for chrissakecheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

You having trouble with your eyes wils ? read what i said

We can all post rubbish wils biggrin.png

rijit

Actually you only have to listen the the agent himself to know what he's all about. Theres no need to listen to others opinions.

Is that really listening or just listening to quotes selected by the scouce pr machine working.with

A compliant media?

rijit

Edited by rijit

rijit

Is that really listening or just listening to quotes selected by the scouce pr machine working.with

A compliant media?

rijit

The comments he made relating to a renewed contract with Liverpool were simply ridiculous, stupid and unprofessional. The club imho were quite right to cancel the scheduled meeting.

Podolskis transfer into the Turkish wilderness (Galatasaray) has been completed per the Grauniad for EU4m. I wasn't aware that Britain or Turkey were in the Euro but no matter.

He scored some important goals for us and was a popular personality within the squad apparently, but did little else in a world that demands a lot more than a fierce left boot. Wenger wanted him to stay but could not guarantee giving him a starting position (code for not until hell freezes over or everyone goes sick). Presumably Wenger wants him to stay for his jokes!

One of the laziest players I've seen in an Arsenal shirt.

I'm amazed we got that much for him.

rijit

A compliant media?

rijit

The comments he made relating to a renewed contract with Liverpool were simply ridiculous, stupid and unprofessional. The club imho were quite right to cancel the scheduled meeting.

Carmine dont buy all the bollacks the liverpool pr machine and papers arm in arm churn out. Liverpool were the one's that fuc ed up by not signing him to an extended deal 18 ish months ago, since then they've just played cover and catch up and passing the 'blame factor' over to the agent is a very convenient sure bet