EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Betfair have cut Schneiderlin to Arsenal from 5/1 to odds on after a series of bets.

Hmmmmmm

Arsenal were 5/1 to be the Frenchman’s next club, but following a large number of bets, Betfair have cut that to make

Arsene Wenger’s men odds-on favourites to do business.

That's what I just said.

In other news, we might sign Petr Cech....

And in other, other news, Real Madrid as supposed to be after Kos - as if!

Some of these moneybag clubs don't seem to recognise that we have to doff our cap these days.

really liked clyne when i've seen him. seems he can attack and defend and is quick, strong. get him in, spend the summer coaching defensive tactics and skills into moreno and we could have a decent pair of fullbacks for the first time in years.

really liked clyne when i've seen him. seems he can attack and defend and is quick, strong. get him in, spend the summer coaching defensive tactics and skills into moreno and we could have a decent pair of fullbacks for the first time in years.

Yeah that is a sound piece of business if that is the price, considering all the usual local inflationary pricing. You can't beat having a top right-back. I thought he was a cert for United, along with Firmino and Schneiderlin.

Betfair have cut Schneiderlin to Arsenal from 5/1 to odds on after a series of bets.

Hmmmmmm

Arsenal were 5/1 to be the Frenchman’s next club, but following a large number of bets, Betfair have cut that to make

Arsene Wenger’s men odds-on favourites to do business.

That's what I just said.

In other news, we might sign Petr Cech....

And in other, other news, Real Madrid as supposed to be after Kos - as if!

Some of these moneybag clubs don't seem to recognise that we have to doff our cap these days.

I assume you mean "Don't have to doff our cap" (or tug our forelock) :)

By the way, did you hear we might be buying Petr Cech?

w00t.gif

Yeah that is a sound piece of business if that is the price, considering all the usual local inflationary pricing. You can't beat having a top right-back. I thought he was a cert for United, along with Firmino and Schneiderlin.

yeah i'd read that united were going all out to get clyne in. back about christmas time i guess.

yeah i'd read that united were going all out to get clyne in. back about christmas time i guess.

I would have thought no-one big is a cert for Merchandise United until they've successfully navigated the CL playoff.

I would have thought no-one big is a cert for Merchandise United until they've successfully navigated the CL playoff.

probably true that aye. though they've brought in depay already? guess he was always going to sign for van gaal either way.

James Cooper at Sky Sports News is saying 7th LFC signing not far off.

really? so what've we got? bogdan, gomez, milner, ings, firmino, clyne and. . .striker next would be nice please.

still can't believe we actually got some cash for aspas.

LFC seem to be spraying the Raheem dosh about even before he's gone (almost Bale-like in distribution, but surely two clubs can't get it so wrong within a couple of years of each other!).

MFC should start negotiating down in price, not up. They are the only game in town, as I can't see us or Chelsea being in need at current price levels. United are probably too wedded to making a fist of di Maria and foreign clubs don't need to pay the UK quota premium.

Carlos Tevez to return to Boca Juniors. I'd have bet my last dollar on this not happening until next summer.

Interesting news here in Argentina with many aging players returning lately. Tevez to Boca (not that aged) and Pablo Aimar and Javier Saviola to River Plate. Also talk that Lucho Gonzalez will be returning to River Plate.

Returning now to the regularly scheduled EPL transfer news......wai2.gif

Hmmmmmm

Is he fit? I looked for him several times in Soton games on TV in the last quarter of the season without success. Hope we are not buying another for the expensive flexi-bed.

PS - yes I meant "don't" in another posting. Thought I had edited that in but lots of my finest work (sardony) is dropping into the ether due to poor signal.

Carlos Tevez to return to Boca Juniors. I'd have bet my last dollar on this not happening until next summer.

Interesting news here in Argentina with many aging players returning lately. Tevez to Boca (not that aged) and Pablo Aimar and Javier Saviola to River Plate. Also talk that Lucho Gonzalez will be returning to River Plate.

Give up a couple of years of mega-earnings but live the rest of your life and die as a local legend. No contest (if it had ever been a decision for me, but it doesn't work for accountants like that!).

Give up a couple of years of mega-earnings but live the rest of your life and die as a local legend. No contest (if it had ever been a decision for me, but it doesn't work for accountants like that!).

Always liked Tevez....some players just have a bit more don't they?

Same here. I've always loved his game. Seems the chip on his shoulder has become less heavy the past two years. Italy was good for him.

If I want to chance getting beat up and robbed I might head out to Boca to see his unveiling in a coupla weeks.biggrin.png

Same here. I've always loved his game. Seems the chip on his shoulder has become less heavy the past two years. Italy was good for him.

If I want to chance getting beat up and robbed I might head out to Boca to see his unveiling in a coupla weeks.biggrin.png

But you look like Pancho Villa....they should be getting your autograph!!

James Cooper at Sky Sports News is saying 7th LFC signing not far off.

really? so what've we got? bogdan, gomez, milner, ings, firmino, clyne and. . .striker next would be nice please.

still can't believe we actually got some cash for aspas.

Top class striker and a DM and that just might be our lot and before the UK window even opens.

Yeah thank god for the Portuguese League, 3.6M was generous

God bless the hacks they must be having some great pub lunches.

A move for Argentinian striker Gonzalo Higuain from Italy to Arsenal looks unlikely now as Napolihave stated that the club is not planning to part ways with Higuain just yet.

Napoli have also made it clear that any potential suitors must bid almost €100,000,000 if they want to pursue the striker.

"part ways". that's for players. when it's a manager being unceremoniously sacked it's "part company" usually "by mutual consent".

@100 mil i dont supoose either will give a shit. :D

rijit

That Higuain one has run and run since at least Christmas. Many more twists and turns yet to be fabricated by the expenses brigade - Southern Italy is very nice this time of year.

Edited by SantiSuk

Scuttlebutt in Argentina that Arsenal are interested in CB Ezequiel Garay, 28, and presently with Zenit. A great buy at the right price.

I think we've learned our lesson with Zenit players.

blink.png

Also, there's been dozens of articles saying how we're on the verge of signing some bloke called Martinez who is now going to Atletico Madrid.

Don't believe any of their bollyx any more. When Arsenal announce a signing, then I believe it.

Edited by Chicog

Arsenal have agreed a £21million deal with Juventus to sign Arturo Vidal, according to reports.

Vidal, who has been linked with the Gunners for most of the summer, is looking likely to be leaving Juve following the arrival of Sami Khedira.

And after claims in Chile that he’s agreed terms to sign, the Daily Telegraph quotes Italian sources saying a fee has now sorted for the transfer.

It’s suggested Arsenal have agreed to pay £21m for the midfielder, and the deal would be finalised and announced after the end of the Copa America.

ONLY THE METRO AND TELEGRAPH biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

is that the very definition of trolling? why would you go to that level of effort to prove that there are lots of gullible fools and idiots on the internet? isn't that simply a massively accepted fact?

^ Yup....For some reason the guy set out to create a false rumour and appeared to wait for the English media to catch up...... then came clean. Sad lives these trolls (you reading Alfie?biggrin.png ) The site I've copied it from called him straight away to be fair. Apparently his first ever tweet! facepalm.gif but obviously the Metro (and Telegraph?) fell for itcoffee1.gif

Edited by wilai