EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be most amused if Chelsea sign Begovic and Stoke come to us for Chezza.

biggrin.png

Can believe a keeper as good as Bergovic wants to spend the rest of his career sitting on the Chelsea bench.

Surely Mourinho, with his 2000 odd players out on loan must be able to find a young no2 internally!

think this is one of the weirdest transfers i've ever heard of. begovic could go to any number of good clubs across europe and a good few in the premier league and be first choice.

Your lot for starters, Mignolet isn't good enough!

Paulinho: Tottenham midfielder joins Guangzhou Evergrande

Brazil midfielder Paulinho has joined China's Guangzhou Evergrande from Tottenham for £9.9m.

The 26-year-old, capped 32 times, joined Spurs in 2013 from Brazilian side Corinthians for nearly £17m and made 67 appearances for the club.

he's got 10 years left at the top level of the ludicrously-salaried english game if he wants it. if he can't retire on the back of that then he doesn't deserve it. he'll be a multimillionaire either way. say he's getting fifty grand a week as a first choice at stoke, everton, west ham, whoever. how much are chelsea going to pay him as a number two?

Let's say for the sake of argument they pay him an extra five million quid over the duration of his contract.

Enough for you Donald?

not when offset against simply not playing mate, no. when younger i'd have cut off an arm to be a professional footballer (metaphorically). so i can't imagine the mentality that goes with not playing at all for ten years, watching from the bench while your mates love it, for the sake of having 12 million in the bank when you retire rather than 7 million. it's turning football into something as mundane as an office job when it should be living out a boyhood dream.

You really haven't got a clue how some professional footballers think rolleyes.gif stop being so naive sad.png

sigh. it's not even worth trying to engage with you these days is it alfie? rolleyes, sadface, LOLZ etc etc.

You two not met up at the UN Irish for that pint yet then? B)

Is Petr Cech the close season's best (bargain) signing?

IMO if he plays the same as usual, he's worth at least 10 points to Arsenal.

On paper for now, for sure. Clyne at 12.5 is not a bad effort either.

If true then they've just bought another striker unsuited to their style. And hugely overpriced.

Surely this is just media bull. They'd be much better off getting Berahino from West brom if they don't mind paying a little ott.

If true then they've just bought another striker unsuited to their style. And hugely overpriced.

Surely this is just media bull. They'd be much better off getting Berahino from West brom if they don't mind paying a little ott.

I think him and lambert would be the perfect combination,would be a bit like the Petronas Towers biggrin.png

perfectly happy with people talking benteke down, he's obviously really, really good. 49 goals in 101 appearances in a team not particularly set up to attack. scores all kinds of goals, neat finishes to headers. is fast, strong, links up well, works hard and just scores pots of goals against any level of opposition. i'll be well happy if we get him.

here's a villa fan on him by the way who has watched him plenty more than any of us have: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/3bjl5z/clearing_up_some_misconceptions_surrounding/

Edited by StevieH

perfectly happy with people talking benteke down, he's obviously really, really good. 49 goals in 101 appearances in a team not particularly set up to attack. scores all kinds of goals, neat finishes to headers. is fast, strong, links up well, works hard and just scores pots of goals against any level of opposition. i'll be well happy if we get him.

here's a villa fan on him by the way who has watched him plenty more than any of us have: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/3bjl5z/clearing_up_some_misconceptions_surrounding/

First things first he's about 24 as i'm 21 !!! and that cruciate injury took a yard of him as they reckon it does at 27 plus. Wenger sussed him out In the cup final ,pushed the defence high and he was f---cked didnt get a sniff. I'm thankful he aint signing for us .

rijit

First things first he's about 24 as i'm 21 !!! and that cruciate injury took a yard of him as they reckon it does at 27 plus. Wenger sussed him out In the cup final ,pushed the defence high and he was f---cked didnt get a sniff. I'm thankful he aint signing for us .

rijit

yes, arsenal shut him down really well in the cup final. arsenal are a very good team. also, tim sherwood's tactics didn't help villa and benteke 'cos they left him about as isolated as i've ever seen a forward (and i've watched roy hodgson teams play). but sure, judge him on that one match you happened to see.

what's with the 24 comment? you don't believe he is 24 years old? why not?

as for the cruciate, well he came back from it in march and proceeded to score 13 goals in 15 games.

you're not making much of an argument for being thankful he aint signing for you here.

a picture is worth a thousand words...codpiece

Read the title of the thread !

What's up Alfie...bit of sand irritating the old vag their pal, is it because Benteke doesn't want to play for Spurs?

Why would we want Benteke when we have Kane ? and we only play 1 centre forward, anyway have you read the title, to be fair if everyone started putting the stats up of every player their clubs were linked with then the whole thread would look ridiculous !!! mind you we do appreciate that you are a little excited as usual, a bit like this time last year laugh.png

rijit

yes if benteke is 24, E/S is pishflapssmile.png , 30 plus is my call, and has a habit of M.I.A, against the big guns,and walk abouts when he got the shits

but matchs loserpools agenda these days, just a wee club

as alfie just posted, totts have hurricane kane,who,s force ten mode, took c/sea apart

benteke at around 30 mil for a 30 yr old plus,cheesy.gif charley austin is far better catch at half the price,and a anglo saxon to bootbiggrin.png

then one , who has swung out of the trees ,

the deluded scousers are running amok, let it continuesmile.png

its E/S who posts without fear or favour, saying a lovely evening to all my readersbiggrin.png

a picture is worth a thousand words...codpiece

Read the title of the thread !

What's up Alfie...bit of sand irritating the old vag their pal, is it because Benteke doesn't want to play for Spurs?

Why would we want Benteke when we have Kane ? and we only play 1 centre forward, anyway have you read the title, to be fair if everyone started putting the stats up of every player their clubs were linked with then the whole thread would look ridiculous !!! mind you we do appreciate that you are a little excited as usual, a bit like this time last year laugh.png

I merely enquired about the source of your irritation not that you "want Benteke"

There was nothing random about my post. There are 3 posts above, including your own, questioning Benteke's quality. In response I posted his stats. My apologies, I should have realised I need to spell it out for yourself and the village idiot.

Not sure where you get the excited conclusion from...you would make a great tabloid journalist.

I'd go for Austin or the WBA lad.

"WBA lad" I can't be arsed trying spell it either.

You mean as apposed to the 40 year old Benteke...give over wink.png

To be honest I'm not sure I'd have any of them, including Benteke, but we'll see i guess.

Edited by BangrakBob

To be honest I'm not sure I'd have any of them, including Benteke, but we'll see i guess.

Dani Osvaldo is available. Osvaldo and Balotelli up front. The "Why Always Me" twins.whistling.gif

yes, arsenal shut him down really well in the cup final. arsenal are a very good team. also, tim sherwood's tactics didn't help villa and benteke 'cos they left him about as isolated as i've ever seen a forward (and i've watched roy hodgson teams play). but sure, judge him on that one match you happened to see.

what's with the 24 comment? you don't believe he is 24 years old? why not?

as for the cruciate, well he came back from it in march and proceeded to score 13 goals in 15 games.

you're not making much of an argument for being thankful he aint signing for you here.

same old same old bull from the scoucers

podolski is the polar opposite of the sort of striker we need. we need quick, dynamic goalscorers who can press and play high-tempo. the next daniel sturridge without the injury record really.
benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

changing your tune a bit stevie boy cheesy.gif

Dani Osvaldo is available. Osvaldo and Balotelli up front. The "Why Always Me" twins.whistling.gif

I hope we never see the goose in a Red shirt again...shudders