EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

Manager Mauricio Pochettino said it was "obvious" Tottenham needed another striker, after having a bid for West Brom's Saido Berahino rejected.

Harry Kane scored 31 goals for Spurs last season but, with Emmanuel Adebayor out of favour and Roberto Soldado sold, Pochettino's options are limited.

The Argentine would not say whether the club would bid again for Berahino, 22.

"We identify our targets and the chairman is working very hard to bring new players in," he said.

"It is obvious we need to add some more in our offensive positions."

Rejecting Tottenham's bid, West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace said he had "no interest" in selling England Under-21 international Berahino.

Spurs, who have just one point from their opening two Premier League matches, travel to second-placed Leicester City on Saturday (15:00 BST).

"Always we talk about 10 games, after 10 games you need to be worried or happy maybe," said Pochettino.

"People will speak about how we need offensive players but we need to be more consistent because we conceded a lot of goals last season."

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Expect united to be linked with him soon, we often get linked so the club can get more money or the player gets a bigger wedge.

And now Benzema's agent has put that ridiculous fairy story to bed, expect stories about Wenger moving in, and offering GBP18,000,001.

biggrin.png

Expect united to be linked with him soon, we often get linked so the club can get more money or the player gets a bigger wedge.

And now Benzema's agent has put that ridiculous fairy story to bed, expect stories about Wenger moving in, and offering GBP18,000,001.

biggrin.png

Most of the stuff we are fed is just paper talk, we have been linked with the likes of Neymar Muller Lewadonski Ramos Bale the list is endless, do you think we have a chance of any of those players, I must add Ramos used us to get a pay rise and never wanted to leave Real.

Most of the stuff we are fed is just paper talk, we have been linked with the likes of Neymar Muller Lewadonski Ramos Bale the list is endless, do you think we have a chance of any of those players, I must add Ramos used us to get a pay rise and never wanted to leave Real.

after the pedro bungled t/f deal,which was real kindergarden stuff or perhaps fit for a lunatic institition.,m/u will struggle to buy any marquee signing ,whilst tulips and slow eddy work at O/T

the official word is out , this oddball pair of nutters were haggling over a couple mil,with barca

yes the biggest club in the world ,trying standover tactics over barca, for a measely couple mil, on a world class player who.s valuation at approx 21 mil ,was a mere snip to many footy experrts

the rest is now folk law,but has left a legacy with m/u that tulips and slow eddy are a pair knobs and idiots to do business with, if this happened at c/sea ,roman would have sacked them immediately

all top marquee players/,agents would be well aware of the nuts and bolts of this bungled t/f, and will avoid m/u like the plaque

the hot goss coming out of O/T, is the players are not a happy lot,mainly due to the presence of these bungling pair of idiots,

off T.V. footy forum,rank and file m/u supporters have had a gutful too, and rightfully so

John Stones has handed in a transfer request. I must admit, he's been playing pretty well for Everton these last few games, although descriptions like "fantastic" and "world class" being banded about by idiots such as Don Hutchison are ridiculous. He's looked good because McCarthy and Barry, the two defensive midfielders have done a good job protecting the centre backs up to now.

risk sounding like an arl arse here but £40m for a pretty much unproven john stones? really? sterling was ludicrous money but this is surely just mental. i don't care as a rule 'cos it isn't my money etc, nor is it any fan's but it impacts their ticket prices, but £40m for this level of potential? bloody hell.

risk sounding like an arl arse here but £40m for a pretty much unproven john stones? really? sterling was ludicrous money but this is surely just mental. i don't care as a rule 'cos it isn't my money etc, nor is it any fan's but it impacts their ticket prices, but £40m for this level of potential? bloody hell.

City are paying 59m for a player that basically couldn't cut it at Chelsea!!

Couldn't cut it at Chelsea or fell out with Mourinho after Mo slagged him off in a press conference for not training well. You don't get Bundesliga player of the year for being rubbish

Couldn't cut it at Chelsea or fell out with Mourinho after Mo slagged him off in a press conference for not training well. You don't get Bundesliga player of the year for being rubbish

I didn't say he was rubbish did i. But there was/is a reason why he didn't cut it. i merely commented on the sickening amounts of money being thrown about. 40m for Stones is laughable too if it goes through.

Is anyone on here going to try and justify a value of Sterling, Stones and De Bruyne of 148m?

I didn't say he was rubbish did i. But there was/is a reason why he didn't cut it. i merely commented on the sickening amounts of money being thrown about. 40m for Stones is laughable too if it goes through.

Is anyone on here going to try and justify value of Sterling, Stones and De Bruyne of 148m?

I gave up trying to justify the value of players long ago.

I just don't think it was down to him not being able to "cut it" and more down to Mourinho's style. Slagging off a player in public about him having a bad attitude in training and that he didn't have the right mentality isn't the way to keep a player happy. If he does come to City we'll see whether he can cut it or not. Hopefully he'll poke Mourinho in the eye.

Fair point MrB and i'm reminded of Brendon Rodgers referring to Balotelli as "the last toy left in the shop. Magnificent example of how to instantly destroy a players confidence.

To be fair mate it probably still hasn't sunk in.

Fair point MrB and i'm reminded of Brendon Rodgers referring to Balotelli as "the last toy left in the shop. Magnificent example of how to instantly destroy a players confidence.

To be fair mate it probably still hasn't sunk in.

haha, you have a point there!

Also a good way to remind your owners of how you don't want to transfer business...seemed to have worked.

Also a good way to remind your owners of how you don't want to transfer business...seemed to have worked.

Not having that Bob. You can do that without sacrificing a players confidence, surely?

but your club loserpool paid 32.5 MIL for old man benteke,compare that to the 2 players u have mentioned, far worse deal in money terms and potential ,thats for sure

Actually, i won't be surprised if the village idiot on here tries to justify it. That is if anyone still bothers to read his adolescent, semi literate drivel. laugh.png

still reading my posts,smile.png and your club sadly spurs are stuck in a mire ,due to levy,s thrifty spending,enjoy another miserable season,sucker

I just don't think it was down to him not being able to "cut it" and more down to Mourinho's style. Slagging off a player in public about him having a bad attitude in training and that he didn't have the right mentality isn't the way to keep a player happy. If he does come to City we'll see whether he can cut it or not. Hopefully he'll poke Mourinho in the eye.

K.V.B. tenure at c/sea was cut short due to not knuckling down and fighting for his place,he never tried a inch at c/sea,BIG EGO,they called it,

immediately the mighty mou showed him the door ,mou prides himself with this strict rule, no head is bigger then the other,in c/seas dressing room

you have appeared to come from being very nervous to slagging the greatest manager ever( on just one win) sad.png a issue which all c/sea supporters know that K.V.B.at the time was,nt up to it

or u have been reading to many brit tabaliods,

Not having that Bob. You can do that without sacrificing a players confidence, surely?

Well it's not the way i would do things with my staff, but more often than not the media seems to be the route the footballing fraternity choice these days to get their point across.

did he? when was that? i don't remember that at all.

Is anyone on here going to try and justify a value of Sterling, Stones and De Bruyne of 148m?

I think that's MrBo at the front and Bredbury, well I'd guess the lad behind him.

children+raising+hands.jpg

show me a single

post where any city fans has justified the money spent on Sterling. We all know we paid OTT and a premium for an English home grown "prospect"

If you want I'll trawl the Internet for a piccie of someone dodging a challenge

Its all Monopoly money now. What was overpaying two years ago is nearly thought of as fair value now. Spiraling upwards with no end in sight. Might as well get used to it.

As far as Chiccy's digs, if Wenger had seen fit to spend a little money on another DM and a striker Arsenal likely wouldn't have a crick in their neck from looking up the table now.thumbsup.gif

Archived