Patong Immigration, Big Problem today (Fri 8 May)

Patong2

Have to say ''Roz'' is Good at her job, always pleasant, always cracking jokes, (American Style), real funny, and always has the last word..

brighens up my day when i go there, always ready for her remarks, but sweet with them...

I met her today for the first time. It took me an while to convince her that I can do my 90 day report without proof of residence, even if my extension is from another province.

She did not took it lightly that I thought she was the lady from Patong immigration [emoji5] whoops.

However she let me try to do my report, while being very doubtful of my success. I got my report paper in few minutes, so all good and happy feeling.

Overall I have always been happy with the town immigration. The folks there has been nice and helpful.

I'm still curious who this mystery (volunteer) woman is as the immigration volunteers don't work in Patong. (only in Phuket town)

As the Phuket Gazette link shows, she is a TPV (I have known her more the 9 years that she has worked off and on for the Thai Tourist Police foreign volunteers).

I'm based (as a TPV) in the airport region for many years, so I have not recently witnessed her 'manner' in dealing with members of the public. So I'm not in a position to defend or condemn her.

However, it seems that more than one poster is not happy with some aspects of how she communicates with the public. Maybe she is not aware that her manner is perhaps too abrupt.

I will have a quiet word with my Thai boss about this and see if the matter can be amicably resolved.

As mentioned by Simon this lady works for the TPV (Tourist Police Volunteers) is NOT for the immigration department.

Why she is working there is beyond me but i think that the boss there likes to have a farang working for him.

She is fully aware about her communication skills and the problem she is causing.

She is a few times informed about this but refuses or accept any information or training from Phuket Town immigration.

Please ignore all information what she is providing and ask the officers directly or go to the Phuket immigration office if you think that something is not correct.

Archived