Police chief OK with Army's halt of spy device show

Lite Beer

Does anyone really think that 9 Israeli's just walked into Police Headquarters and demonstrated their equipment without having been invited?? I am quite sure they would have had the necessary clearances to bring their working samples into the country!!

Not heard a word from the Israeli's on this!!!

Israeli's are NOT the same as Thai.

They know that every business is hard and have obstructions.

Now they have free advertisement .

That's clever compare to Thai's.

Saying anything here or elsewhere only can damage their business specially with dumbness .

Why to give away "gifts" by nature of situation ???? by commenting so idiotic situation .

It pay's for them ..NOT Thai's..... It is simple why they said nothing

coffee1.gif

I really don't know what you are all whinging about, I am no expert in international import rules but I imagine this would be the process in most other countries.

We all know the internet is awash with this kind of rubbish and similar but cheaper equipment is available, but when a government body or organization wishes to stock up would there not be some kind of protocol to control how this is done?

I would imagine this would be top grade and professional equipment that you would not see on Al! Ba*a or Ama#on, try organizing a similar demo for an agency in many other countries and I think you would have a similar reaction from the relevant authorities (if they become aware of it)

I have no idea what online sjops have to do with Israelis companies coming at the invite of a government body, in the case the police? I'm from the UK and I've never, ever heard of the army storming a meeting between police and companies presenting their goods or the army storming anybody in it's own borders. In the UK and most civilised countries the military is their to protect it's borders from attack and not too much else, they don't pretend to be police because policing inside the borders is the job of the police. I've trained guys from the met and Herts constabulary and never once got invaded and arrested by the army, I've also trained some guys from the military and never got arrested by the police for doing this.

I really don't know what you are all whinging about, I am no expert in international import rules but I imagine this would be the process in most other countries.

We all know the internet is awash with this kind of rubbish and similar but cheaper equipment is available, but when a government body or organization wishes to stock up would there not be some kind of protocol to control how this is done?

I would imagine this would be top grade and professional equipment that you would not see on Al! Ba*a or Ama#on, try organizing a similar demo for an agency in many other countries and I think you would have a similar reaction from the relevant authorities (if they become aware of it)

I have no idea what online sjops have to do with Israelis companies coming at the invite of a government body, in the case the police? I'm from the UK and I've never, ever heard of the army storming a meeting between police and companies presenting their goods or the army storming anybody in it's own borders. In the UK and most civilised countries the military is their to protect it's borders from attack and not too much else, they don't pretend to be police because policing inside the borders is the job of the police. I've trained guys from the met and Herts constabulary and never once got invaded and arrested by the army, I've also trained some guys from the military and never got arrested by the police for doing this.

Because in the UK, the Army protect us from people outside.

In Thailand, the Army has to protect the country from people inside because nobody else will do it. Including a police force who are so corrupt, they will guard both ends of a bridge while a sniper shoots at anti-government protestors.

This was obviously a secret meeting organised by the police and when the Army found out, they acted. The question is what the police were trying to get hold of. I doubt it was just what they have said.

The Thai press will spin it anti-junta no matter what : like most such organisations in Thailand, they are ultimately controlled from up-high by the man with the money and the power to get them sacked if they don't make him happy.

"Asked by reporters whether the incident could cause a rift between police and soldiers, he said the media should stop stirring up the issue."

The army stopped the police from being able to spy on them and earlier made it sound almost like an accident and misunderstanding.

I can't say the rest of it.

This raid happened because the army is de facto in charge of the Customs Department and they weren't sure they were getting their due. They were suspicious that the police tried to import equipment without paying proper duty. This is a huge revenue stream for the military and they can't afford to loosen their grip. The head of the RTA knows this and did not take offense; the army was just protecting its territory.

Are you telling us the Military collect their own duty on weapons imports and keep it for themselves ?.

Or is just a complete lie you made up and presented as the truth ?.

If it's the second, you should add "and I never commit treason" to your signature line. Just so we're clear.

10 fully armed soldiers to take on 9 unarmed civilians ?? Certainly not taking any chances.

There's draft in Israel, so chances are military would face 9 trained fighters. It's good police tactics not to make the other side believe they can win a fight.

Because in the UK, the Army protect us from people outside.

In Thailand, the Army has to protect the country from people inside because nobody else will do it. Including a police force who are so corrupt, they will guard both ends of a bridge while a sniper shoots at anti-government protestors.

This was obviously a secret meeting organised by the police and when the Army found out, they acted. The question is what the police were trying to get hold of. I doubt it was just what they have said.

The Thai press will spin it anti-junta no matter what : like most such organisations in Thailand, they are ultimately controlled from up-high by the man with the money and the power to get them sacked if they don't make him happy.

I'm pretty sure that if someone started a topic about the weather you would be able to involve "The Man" somehow. How utterly boring and predictable...saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG

BTW, why don't you tell the guys over at The Nation who their "real" boss is. They'd probably punch you in the face.

Curious if work permits are required if you are here to demo foreign equipment for sale.

Anything state sponsored does not need a work permit supposedly . If they were selling to a private security firm, they would need work visas. Another reason why there are better places than Thailand to do business. The law is rather unenforceable , but there the mentality in the Thai government that "work" is a four letter word. Like the guys who build boats in their backyards. Only Thailand would arrest people for being constructive.

Edited by yellowboat

The army heard that the Israeli's were also touting some new-fangled explosives detection kit and were anxious to replace their own with something that actually works only ensuring that the products being offered were fit for task.

Edited by NanLaew

But in the long run, the general population have to be totally reassured when they see that the army can easily kick in the doors at police HQ.

Yeah, because the army is so much less corrupt than the police. We shall see who wins the race to the bottom.

Guess it's normal business, maybe some payments to the participants if successful. Maybe.

Guess the army was there to check for national security issues. That would also be normal procedure in other sovereign countries. Secret service would do it.

Edited by micmichd