Have Prayut's talks ever mentioned expats?

This is not intended to be a political thread - merely a topic of interest.

Every Friday evening, the general addresses the nation in his 'Returning happiness to the Thai people' talk. You may or may not agree with what he says, but it is refreshing that the English sub-titles are actually in English and not Tinglish.

I know that on many occasions, he mentions how important it is for Thai people to welcome foreign tourists. But does he ever address any of his comments (on any topic), to the sizeable number of expats who live in Thailand?

For example, has he ever mentioned how both Thai people and expats should work together (work permit!!), for the good of the nation? Or how Thai people should welcome the integration of expats or marriage to Thai nationals, or....or....???

I'm just interested to know if any of the general's presentations have ever acknowledged the expat presence in Thailand.

Again, please don't play politics in this thread, consider it a pub quiz question only :)

Considering his xenophobia with foreigners on their perceived ill-effects on TRADITIONAL BUDDHIST THAI SOCIETY, I'd say he would be perfectly happy not to allow any foreigner in the country on anything loner than an annual 60-day tourist visa at best.

Please do not encourage Prayut to discuss expats!

Edited by Srikcir

Here's my take on it:

When he addresses the Nation he is talking to everyone in Thailand, not just Thais, that's why it also conveniently has English subtitles.

So when he uses the term "we" he is talking to everyone, not specifically Thais as there would be no need for English subtitles if that were his intention.

Here's my take on it:

When he addresses the Nation he is talking to everyone in Thailand, not just Thais, that's why it also conveniently has English subtitles.

So when he uses the term "we" he is talking to everyone, not specifically Thais as there would be no need for English subtitles if that were his intention.

certainly a good take on the subtitles i think also more intended for the upcoming Asian community association

whose chosen international language is English really the number of fa-rang actually living long term in Thailand is

of no consequence compared with the numbers of with the interests/ purchase power of neighboring countries

Here's my take on it:

or.......he wants to make sure the propaganda is correctly translated for the benefit of the US Intelligence Agencies, rather than them getting a dumbed down English translation from a low level clerk at Langley. coffee1.gif