thai military conscription expiration

I have a question. I'm recruiting staff for a new business venture with a Thai associate and the best candidate for one of the positions told us openly when my associate asked about his paper For military. The guy said he don't have the papers and as he was drafted at the age of 19 he is now 33. At the time when he was drafted he could not attend because he couldn't leave his family behind. And he has difficulty getting a qualified job because he don't got those papers.

Now my associates don't want to employ him because our company will work towards the government.

So my question what can be done in this case. I feel for the guy and he is by far the most motivated and best qualified for the position And came with strong recommendations from previous employers.

Do what you think is right, I have been the victim of bad mouth people, Give him a chance. If he is not up to his job then finish him Every one deserves a second try, screw Thai superstitions and stupid ways break the mold, you will find that many more Thais think you are doing the right thing than not.

Since when are military papers required for a job in his day and age?

In any case, he is over 30 now. He's official exempted now. All he has to do is report and he'll be automatically be left off.

Since when are military papers required for a job in his day and age?

In any case, he is over 30 now. He's official exempted now. All he has to do is report and he'll be automatically be left off.

Many lowlevel jobs don't ask for it but many companies ask for it when it's qualified jobs. And this is not a minimum wage job and my associate don't want to employ anyone without this document. I have asked around with different people I know and it seems that it's common practise.

Are you sure that's how it works if that the case he could just report in so what is he afraid of?

I don't know what you do. Do you think the government will check your staff? I doubt it.

I don't feel it's a problem for me with his education and his references. However my business associate is afraid that it could cause problem. But if he as an exemption letter then he's a free man. Thing is when asking around most Thai owned businesses ask for this documentation from all male employees.

It's not clear. He failed to turn up for military conscription when drafted and deserted?

Yes he failed to turn up when he was drafted and deserted. because of serious family problems he had even talked to the military to ask if he can come in a little late a few days to a week and he was told he would be arrested as a deserter because he didn't show up on draft day

Archived