Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site blamed for fatal road crash

webfact

Central Pattaya Underpass Construction Site blamed for fatal road crash

dead-12.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A witness to a fatal road crash, which occurred on Sunday Night, blamed sand on the road caused by the Central Pattaya Underpass construction site.

The crash occurred outside of the Sukhumvit Road Bus Terminal close to the Central Pattaya Road intersection with the Sukhumvit Road, which is now partly closed due to the ongoing construction of an underpass.

A coach is thought to have driven over the body of Khun Tongsuk aged 36, after his bike hit another bike, causing the victim to fall onto the main road and into the path of the approaching Coach whose driver could not avoid running over the unfortunate bike driver.

The owner of a shop located next to the Bus Terminal, witnessed the crash and blamed high amounts of sand on the carriageway caused by the construction site.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/192390/central-pattaya-underpass-construction-site-blamed-for-fatal-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-11

I go by this section a number of times each day. At night the buses at the Terminal now have to double park causing congestion and a back up. The sand is not coming from the construction site instead from run-off from a nearby Soi and a Utility construction which has not finished.

With all that is going on.. each night bike riders pay no attention to slow down and adjust their driving to the condition at hand whether raining or construction. The cause is not the sand but the driver who most likely was speeding weaving in and out of traffic and lost control hit the other rider who was run over by the bus.

I just witness a accident close by... a motorbike driver was speeding pass me while I was standing off the side to buy something, A car in front of him suddenly slow down, he was going so fast he couldn't stop in time and applied the wrong brake front and the bike fish tailed on him causing him to lay it down. He got up look down and blame it on a drop of water on the road.

Another accident self inflicted on themselves

I cannot agree with another poster that the sand on the road is not due to the construction works. Some of it may be down to the run off from adjacent sois but the bulk of it is because of the site. Over the past few weeks a large diameter pipe has been installed underground at the northbound side and the trench is being backfilled with sand. Unlike Singapore and Hong Kong there does not appear to be a requirement for wheel wash bays on construction sites in Thailand and the site in question is no different. Vehicles exiting the site deposit soil and whatever on the road; add a few drops of rain and road users' (not only Thais, I have seen many expats behaving recklessly in poor road conditions in Thailand) total lack of awareness of the consequences of not making adjustments to suit prevailing conditions and you have a recipe for disaster.

This is not the first and certainly will not be the last accident attributable to this ill conceived project. This project and the similar ones proposed for the South Pattaya andThepprasit road junctions ensures there will be congestion, frustration and many more accidents on Sukhummvit for years to come.

Sand on the road is always a problem when idiots ride too fast and too close to each other and don't pay attention to where they are going. Der

The only thing you know is that there was sand on the road and one bike hit the other.

With only this information you also call the victim who loses his life an idiot.

How rude and unpolite can you be.

Imagine it happends to your family.

Warning signs.......when have Thai drivers taken any notice of any sign.

The reality is that sand deposits appear in lots of locations on the roads here.Mostly after rain as run off from building works or even newly ploughed fields etc and could have you off if unwarry.Especially if you grab your brakes or steer too fast.This guy was unlucky hit another motorcycle and then driven over by a bus.

RIP.

Sand on the road is always a problem when idiots ride too fast and too close to each other and don't pay attention to where they are going. Der

The only thing you know is that there was sand on the road and one bike hit the other.

With only this information you also call the victim who loses his life an idiot.

How rude and unpolite can you be.

Imagine it happends to your family.

I agree.

I read the article.

I wasn't there and didn't witness the accident.

I prefer not to call people names, as I am not free from personal defects.

I try not to be rude or impolite.

I try to tolerate and understand those that are rude and impolite.

Everyone is entitled to behave and post as they wish.

They are also entitled to deal with the consequences of such behaviors.

RIP to the dead lad.

Be careful all.