Will Phnom Penh consulate issue multi entry visa?

I am wanting to try to get a another year long multi entry education visa, I am currently on this visa but it ends in july. I have all the necessary documentation from a muay thai gym, but I know that some neighnouring countries its hard to obtain these visas. Anyone receive one from Phnom Pen? Also if this is not possible what is the closest country that would be more relaxed and issue this visa? Appreciate any info.

I would guess that you will have to go back to your home country to get another multiple entry visa. The nearest place at one time was Australia but not sure about that now.

You can get another 90 day entry on or before enter before date of your visa. So if that is in July you would be good until October before you will need a new visa.

Edit: It is illegal to apply for a visa while still here in the country. You cannot mail your passport out to get a visa.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When you guys say in the region your talking south east asia? I wonder if it would be possible to send my passport back home and apply for another through the post... risky but might save the plane trip.

Attempting to do this would be illegal.

A person could end in a world of hurt !

I would guess that you will have to go back to your home country to get another multiple entry visa. The nearest place at one time was Australia but not sure about that now.

You can get another 90 day entry on or before enter before date of your visa. So if that is in July you would be good until October before you will need a new visa.

Cheers, Im actually on the last entry already, had to enter before 4th May so did that run to get teh last 3 months, essentially a 15 month visa really, so good. I always applied at the brisbane consulate in australia, they were most liberal, sydney never approved it, but now brisbane consulate doesnt exist. Ahhh problems, hope I can sort this shit out, Im actually looking after my son by myself (halfie thai and austrlian) was told I could get guardianship visa but then looking into it, its a major headache , very time consuming and costly and need to go to court , etc.. man its getting harder and harder to stay

Cheers, Im actually on the last entry already, had to enter before 4th May so did that run to get teh last 3 months, essentially a 15 month visa really, so good. I always applied at the brisbane consulate in australia, they were most liberal, sydney never approved it, but now brisbane consulate doesnt exist. Ahhh problems, hope I can sort this shit out, Im actually looking after my son by myself (halfie thai and austrlian) was told I could get guardianship visa but then looking into it, its a major headache , very time consuming and costly and need to go to court , etc.. man its getting harder and harder to stay

Legalising yourself as your child's (aged under 8) father is not actually that expensive and can be done for around 15,000 -> 20,000 THB including the court fees and basic legal help. It is much more difficult if you don't have the support/approval by the child's mother, unless you already have legal custody.

You can normally complete the legalisation process in less than 2/3 months.

In the mean time you could always get a one off 60 day National Police Order 327/2557 Case 2.24 extension for visiting you child on producing the birth certificate with you name on it, to buy more time to get the legalisation process completed.

Good luck.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1

Wow, I had no idea, reading the other threads made it seem like a nightmare. I am on good terms with the mother, she is in bkk however and I am in chiang mai.

So would legalising myself as his father be the only thing I would need to do before applying for guardianship visa?

You can get a 60 day extension of your current entry to visit you child. Then a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of Thai and then a 60 day extension of that 90 entry.

There are other honorary consulates in Australia.in Adelaide, Hobart, Perth and Melbourne.

• Like 1

Wow, I had no idea, reading the other threads made it seem like a nightmare. I am on good terms with the mother, she is in bkk however and I am in chiang mai.

So would legalising myself as his father be the only thing I would need to do before applying for guardianship visa?

There is no guardianship visa. There visas and extensions of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Once you get the legitimization done you could apply for a one year extension of stay. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of an income of 40 baht.

There have been reports of Penang doing a multiple entry non-o visa without the legitimization being done if you can show some money in the bank.

It's not a guardianship visa, it's an Extension of Permission to Stay based on being a family member of a Thai Citizen (National Police Order 327/2557 Case 2.18), you apply at your local Thai immigration department.

You would also need to show > 400,000 THB savings for 2x months or 40,000 THB pcm income and may have to provide evidence of address/rental contracts, etc.

Here's a link describing the basic processes.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/235443-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father-when-not-married/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the mean time you could always get a one off 60 day National Police Order 327/2557 Case 2.24 extension for visiting you child on producing the birth certificate with you name on it, to buy more time to get the legalisation process completed.

Good luck.

You can get a 60 day extension of your current entry to visit you child. Then a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of Thai and then a 60 day extension of that 90 entry.

There are other honorary consulates in Australia.in Adelaide, Hobart, Perth and Melbourne.

This is great information thank you,

So in order to get this 60 day extension on my current visa to 'visit' my son, what do I need to bring to immigration, his birth certificate and passport? I could bring him too, but seems like immigration wouldnt be a good place for a 2 year old specially if queues are 4-5 hours! Really appreciate this info gives me a bit of time before I have to work out something more permanent.

Also wondering with the education visas, that you pay the school and can stay a year without leaving, is it still possible to leave thailand and come back within that year? Planning a trip back to Australia early in 2016.

Most immigration offices will want your child to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. You may also be asked for proof of residence.

You need to get a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid if you want to travel.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to immigration here in Chiang Mai, all documents in hand trying to get the extension based on visiting my son (thai national). They said I couldnt do it, apparently the visa I am on doesnt allow it (non immigrant education) anyway I kicked up a bit of a stink saying it should matter what visa I am on, its about visiting my son, then they looked at his birth certificate and said because he is born in udon thani, if I wanted the 60 day extension based on visiting I would need to do it at udon thani immigration . I thought they were just being difficult and since there is a new immigration office in chiang mai, I went to the new office at promenada mall , but was given the same information.

So now, I would like to know where is the closest place to go out of the country to get a double entry tourist visa?

Cheers in advance,

It seems they were just giving you the runaround.

Did you have proof of residence for Chiang Mai. There is no requirement to do the extension where yout child was born or where their house book registry is for,

You can get 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane Laos. You could also get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai that would give a 90 entry and then get the 60 day extension of it.

It seems they were just giving you the runaround.

Did you have proof of residence for Chiang Mai. There is no requirement to do the extension where yout child was born or where their house book registry is for,

You can get 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane Laos. You could also get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai that would give a 90 entry and then get the 60 day extension of it.

I thought as much, but didnt know how to go ahead if the office managers there are telling me no they cant do it. They just kept telling me no. Is there anyway I could go back and point to speicific law ? My current visa expires tomorrow so I nearly need to get this sorted, its madness here with a 2 year old running amuck everywhere I go too

You could try with proof of residence for Chiang Mai. I assume you got a copy of your child's house book registry.

You should take you with you to immigration with you. Did you have them with you before.

If all else fails you could apply for a 7 day extension to give you a little more time.

The 60 day extension is clause 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

• Like 1

You could try with proof of residence for Chiang Mai. I assume you got a copy of your child's house book registry.

You should take you with you to immigration with you. Did you have them with you before.

If all else fails you could apply for a 7 day extension to give you a little more time.

The 60 day extension is clause 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

Thanks mate, Im going to go back down there and try that, because it turns out there is public holidays on thursday and friday so its not going to be until next week that I can get new visa anyhow. Appreciate the help.

I had the residence certificate with me but they didnt look. I will go back and try again, I dont know how much luck I will have though because two office managers were saying no and I think ego is going to come into play and they dont want to lose face. We will see.

Thanks ubonjoe, your confidence made me secure in going back, I printed out the section 2.24 too, I went back there and caused a bit of a scene, a lot of back and forth, but now ends up they said ok they can do it but I need to come back and queue tomorrow at 6 am and also bring my title deed with me... all the while this back and forth is going on my boy is crying like crazy cause he smacked his face on the ground. Hectic day, i could really use a beer but off alcohol for a month.. hope it all works out tomorrow

Edited by wisemonkey

Arrived 6 am back home just now (noon) so 6 hour process, they gave me the 60 day extension, so Im happy saves a shit load of hassle with flights etc.

Do I have the option to do this extension every visa I get?

Edited by wisemonkey
  • Like 1

You can get the 60 day extension for every entry you get on arrival to the country.

So if my next visa it a tourist entry double entry, I could essentially use my 60 days, then get the 60 day family visit extension, then boarder run and another 60 days followed by 60 day family visit extension. So 240 days from the double entry tourist visa?

You can get the 60 day extension for every entry you get on arrival to the country.

So if my next visa it a tourist entry double entry, I could essentially use my 60 days, then get the 60 day family visit extension, then boarder run and another 60 days followed by 60 day family visit extension. So 240 days from the double entry tourist visa?

The Visa has an expiry date !

• Like 1

A visa form Vientiane will only have 3 months validity. You will only be able to use a 30 day extension for the first entry. Doing the 60 day extension for the 2nd entry would give you 210 days.

You could get a single entry non-o visa that would give you about 5 months with the 60 day extension without a trip out of the country.

• Like 1

Edit: It is illegal to apply for a visa while still here in the country. You cannot mail your passport out to get a visa.

No problem for a multiple entry visa in Australia

Melbourne now doing tourist visa only