Teen pregnancy reduction eyed

webfact

Teen pregnancy reduction eyed
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Public Health Ministry sets a goal to reduce pregnancy rate among teens, aged 15-19.

Deputy Public Health Minister Somsak Chunharas told reporters on the sidelines of the International Planned Parenthood Federation conference that in 2012, teen mothers in the age group gave birth to 129,451 babies, or 53.8 per 1,000. This rate would be reduced to below 50 within 2017, he said.

He said that this would require an integrated approach, through cooperation with health and non-health agencies.

Three strategies are outlined: proper sex education in schools; teen clinics at state-owned hospitals; and campaign to cover local administrative bodies, communities and families to drive awareness in pregnancy prevention.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Teen-pregnancy-reduction-eyed-30259878.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-12

So the Dep. Minister can state the rate will fall below a certain level in 2017 ?

Is Art. 44 being invoked ?

It is easy to predict, under article 44 they will force all girls aged between 15 and 19 to wear chastity belts for the entire year 2016

Problem solved

I have witnessed several teenage pregnancies in my environment here in Thailand. One thing that shocks me every time is the total lack of responsibility of the"fathers". Those I was able to follow saw a father simply walking away, not taking care for a minute of the expecting mother and absolutely no support for mother nor baby once the baby is born.

Here is a possibility, actually a necessity, to hold these men responsible both financially and in care. Make it a law that fathers have to pay child support and failing to do so results in imprisonment. Make it known in schools and villages. That should help.

So the Dep. Minister can state the rate will fall below a certain level in 2017 ?

It is easy to predict, under article 44 they will force all girls aged between 15 and 19 to wear chastity belts for the entire year 2016

Problem solved

but you are in Thailand,

there are many bad ghosts around in the villages !!

I have witnessed several teenage pregnancies in my environment here in Thailand. One thing that shocks me every time is the total lack of responsibility of the"fathers". Those I was able to follow saw a father simply walking away, not taking care for a minute of the expecting mother and absolutely no support for mother nor baby once the baby is born.

Here is a possibility, actually a necessity, to hold these men responsible both financially and in care. Make it a law that fathers have to pay child support and failing to do so results in imprisonment. Make it known in schools and villages. That should help.

You have just observed the main cause of women working in the sex trade.

15- 19 at 53.8 per 1,000. Sounds not to bad until you consider that could be every year for the 5 years in question.. What percentage of girls in Thailand actually achieve their 20th birthday without having popped a baby. I hazard a guess that it goes closer to 200 per 1,000.

Damn, I was reading some UN report just a few days ago that stated there were 800.000 births in Thailand in 2014, and 200,000 of them were to unwed girls 15-17 years of age, with the baby's maker long gone. And that was just the girls 15-17. No figures on those younger or older. Wish I could remember where I read it, so I could post it here. Thailand is 2nd only to Lao in S.E. Asia in teenage pregnancies.

On a side note, my wife and I know a Thai couple that has a 12 yr old daughter, who recently tried to kill herself. Why? She was pregnant, and had no idea of which boy she had been with could be the father. Age of the men she had been with? 17 - 25. My wife went with her mother to see a counselor, and when finally asked how many men she had been with, she shrugged and said she wasn't sure, but maybe 20 over the past six months.

Makes you want to cry sometimes.

Damn, I was reading some UN report just a few days ago that stated there were 800.000 births in Thailand in 2014, and 200,000 of them were to unwed girls 15-17 years of age, with the baby's maker long gone. And that was just the girls 15-17. No figures on those younger or older. Wish I could remember where I read it, so I could post it here. Thailand is 2nd only to Lao in S.E. Asia in teenage pregnancies.

On a side note, my wife and I know a Thai couple that has a 12 yr old daughter, who recently tried to kill herself. Why? She was pregnant, and had no idea of which boy she had been with could be the father. Age of the men she had been with? 17 - 25. My wife went with her mother to see a counselor, and when finally asked how many men she had been with, she shrugged and said she wasn't sure, but maybe 20 over the past six months.

This is another cause for family members encouraging these young teens to go into the sex trade. Why? Since they cannot control these girls from giving free sex to guys in their district, why not have the girls earn from paid sex, and perhaps hooking a foreigner husband? Edited by trogers

No, they've had a chat with their Chinese mates, who are well versed in population control.

Realistically child support isn't going to happen here. I agree that most of the fathers bail out when the kid is produced. It's similar to blacks in the USA as the grandparents raise the kids from what I've seen.

Doubtful imprisonment of fathers will really help the baby. When in prison they probably don't earn much, so they can't pay for the baby again. And when they get out, they immediately face another charge for not having paid.

This is another cause for family members encouraging these young teens to go into the sex trade. Why? Since they cannot control these girls from giving free sex to guys in their district, why not have the girls earn from paid sex, and perhaps hooking a foreigner husband?

Catholics would probably threaten hell for unwed sex, Thais can threaten marriage with a Farang.

K. Meechai has been it at for 30 odd years or so, at education and prevention that is. One can admire the man for his patience and dedication. One may also wonder how often he breaks down in tears especially when yet another government person opens his or her mouth on the subject.

Gawd, I was 16 a zillion years ago.......NOW GUESS WHAT EVERY MINUTE OF MY DAY THOUGHT ABOUT......

NOOOOOOOOOOO, guesses on this one............coffee1.gif

Let me guess. post-9891-0-57474700-1431445637_thumb.jp

She's very sexy and purrs like a kitten. Am I close?

Gawd, I was 16 a zillion years ago.......NOW GUESS WHAT EVERY MINUTE OF MY DAY THOUGHT ABOUT......

NOOOOOOOOOOO, guesses on this one............coffee1.gif

Yes, I too remember all too well what was revolving around in my mind when I was a Teenager and I don't imagine young Thai Lads are any different these days.

Makes me worry when I look at my 15 Y.O. Daughter and think of all the nasty schemes that can be conjured up by evil young gentlemen.

There are times, I almost wish my Little Princess was Butt-UGLY.

Guess I'll have to get that shot-gun and an assortment of hand grenades to ward-off the "nice, smiling, eager-to-please young dudes" who try to chat her up.

What are your credentials? Obviously, UPENA, you are devoid of any knowledge concerning statistics. If something is not reported it cannot, and should not, be included in a statistical report, of any kind. This from a Clinical Psychologist with many international publications.

Edited by wotsdermatter

Doubtful imprisonment of fathers will really help the baby. When in prison they probably don't earn much, so they can't pay for the baby again. And when they get out, they immediately face another charge for not having paid.

The threat with imprisonment is of course not helping the baby who is born already. But hopefully it will prevent at least some boys to forget "protection" when they are thinking with their d#@*k.

Teen pregnancy at alarming rate

Bangkok:- At the age they should have been studying for a bright future, so many girls get pregnant in Thailand.

The Public Health Ministry has revealed that of girls aged between 15 and 19 years old, 5.38 per cent gave birth to their babies in 2012.

The figure is so alarming that Deputy Public Health Minister Somsak Chunharas admits teenage pregnancies is now a major problem in the Thai society.

“We will need to seriously tackle the problem,” Somsak told Matichon on Wednesday.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/825086-teen-pregnancy-at-alarming-rate/

thanks to big industries like CP, it will be possible

stuff the food full of female estrogen, heat your garbage pulp in a platic leaching cup and heat it up in a microwave

why you think so many ladyboys in thailand ? is it a serious disruption of male hormones to make so many boys to feminize, or is it that prostitution is an easy way of making money ?