Sadao immigration police deny any involvement in human trafficking racket

webfact

Sadao immigration police deny any involvement in human trafficking racket

5-12-2015-9-26-04-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

SADAO: -- Immigration police in Sadao district of Songkhla have categorically denied that any of their men were involved in facilitating the smuggling of illegal immigrants into the country via Sadao border crossing.

The denial appeared to contradict with video footages taken by Thai PBS news team which showed migrant workers from Myanmar and Cambodia emerging from a car boot and then proceed to board a waiting pick-up truck of the Sadao immigration police.

According to Thai PBS investigation, the foreign migrant workers were smuggled by a human trafficking gang into Malaysia and then smuggled across the border into southern Thailand with the help of Sadao immigration police who helped arrange for fake documents declaring them as illegal migrant workers in Thailand.

The foreign migrant workers claimed they each paid the gang 8,000 baht to be smuggled into Thailand.

Sadao immigration police told Thai PBS that the station’s VDO footages, in fact, showed immigration police were rounding up the illegal migrant workers on charges of illegal entry. But Thai PBS told a different story.

Since the exposure by Thai PBS of the immigration police’s alleged misconduct, the Malaysian government has tightened up border crossing watch to prevent the use of Malaysia as a transit point to smuggle foreign migrant workers into Thailand.

So far, no legal action has been taken yet against any immigrant police in Sadao district.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sadao-immigration-police-deny-any-involvement-in-human-trafficking-racket

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-13

"Sadao immigration police deny any involvement in human trafficking racket."

Then I for one am calling you all liars. Someone, somewhere (more than one I assume) in that Department knew exactly what was going on, or assisted in some way. Money almost certainly changed hands. And turning a blind eye to what goes on around you (if not actually directly involved) is almost as bad as pretending that human trafficking doesn't exist in Thailand.

Sadao Immigration Police:

It wasn't us, it was our trucks. they have a mind of their own and we can't control them anymore. We don't know what to do about this, since there is no precedent. We are now mulling a solution: inactive parking lot...that will show the trucks who is the boss!

In related news, Sadao Immigration police also denied that they are immigration police, Thai or even real people.

'These are not the drones you are looking for they said'

Then in a puff of smoke they all disappeared much to the delight of the TV audience. And they all lived happily ever after.

Its a proper Thai fairy tail.

Except of course its horribly real and there is the small matter of the mass murdersbeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

It is interesting that there are reports on the visa forum which indicate the going rate to pass through the Sadao checkpoint unhindered is 200 Baht. Sounds to me like they are so corrupt they would pay to sell themselves...

Edited by baboon

so if they were really rounded up and charged, then there should be paperwork to prove it? Otherwise your pants are having a 3 alarm fire. Scumbags!!!

I'm sure all the relevant reports and paperwork are being produced collated as we write.

They would have also charged those doing the trafficking, driving the cars,etc. So presumably they will also release an update on progress on this case. whistling.gif

if these police officers are not arrested, then It's a perfect example of why Thailand should NOT be "promoted" to tier two.

On a side note, how can the Junta promote Thai pride and instill good values among young Thais, when they allow criminals and liars to wear police uniforms?

The mark of a hard boiled professional criminal: When you're caught red handed, deny, deny, deny!!!

Disclaimer: Of course I am in no way suggesting that any of the fine officers of the immigration police are anything than shining examples of valor and integrity.

Who/what are you going to believe, a video that clearly implicates immigration police

or a self serving statement by the same immigration police denying any involvement,

I know who/what I believe but everyone can decide for themselves who is telling

the truth. coffee1.gif