Yellow House Book for Tenant

Forkinhades

A tenant of mine wants his name in the yellow house book. So simple question is what documents are needed?

All I have is the Blue Book in the Company name.

Previously I have put my name and my children's name in our yellow book, and the process was quite straight forward down at the Banglamung office on Sukhumvit.

Now there is a sub district office in Nongprue, and they are making things difficult it seems, saying that they need copies of passport translated into thai, Residence letter from immigration translated, 3 photos, Marriage Certificate, childs birth certificate, copy of house registration, 2 witnesses with ID card, and copy of house registration.

My tenant is not married, and no thai siblings. So I guess that part is non applicable.

Thanks in advance

saying that they need copies of passport translated into thai, Residence letter from immigration translated, 3 photos, Marriage Certificate, childs birth certificate, copy of house registration, 2 witnesses with ID card, and copy of house registration.

My situation was different (marriage registered at the Amphoe), but the list is not that unusual.

Copies of passport translated into thai: thats a must for a "newbie"/"first timer", as his name will be entered in Thai script to the yellow book (as yours is).

Could only (rarely) be skipped if a marriage certificate in Thai exist (where the name is already translated).

For me it was required even though the m.c. was supplied and marriage registered.

Residence letter from immigration translated:

specify that you need it for the YB! Mine form Khon Kaen was totally in Thai (except for my name in roman letters).

Copy of house registration, 2 witnesses with ID card, and copy of house registration:

not unusual that witnesses are required. They have to witness that he actually lives there and is "known". Witnesses will have to sign respective forms.

(my only witness was my wife)

Marriage Certificate, childs birth certificate: N/A.

What astonishes me is that HIS birth certificate (translated to Thai) was not required. The registration in the Thai citizen register (which is part of the procedure) requires first names of father and mother and their nationality.

About the entries in the yellow book, see here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/681733-yellow-book-the-chicken-or-the-egg/#entry7044394

Edited by KhunBENQ

Make sure you have your tenant registered with immigration,as living

in your property,before going there,we did not know about this requirement,

and were fined 800THB.

regards Worgeordie

Maybe it depends on where you live in Pattaya for where you would apply for the yellow book

When I applied last year the people at the Council offices near to the top of nernplabwan were very helpful in minimizing the amount of bureaucracy that I went through

The process took about two weeks from application and I still have not needed to either use the book or show it to anyone for any reason, making me think it was a pure waste of time in the first place

For directions to this office;

from the railway bypass go up to the top end of Soi nernplabwan and at the very top what looks like a T junction turn right, the offices are just about 200m trees on the left

Edited by n210mp

House is in company name, and we done ours recently with yellow book.

Is your house also in company name? Because the yellow book states on the first page the exact same details as the blue book, which is the " house boss".

I was unable to get my water changed from T1 to T3 because my house was in a company name

If it is true that a Yellow Book will be accepted by the water company for a change I might just consider jumping through all the hoops required to get it

BUT, just because one poster says that they were able to change it by getting a Yellow book is not enough evidence. There are too many other variables in dealing with the water company in Pattaya, mostly having to deal with their unpleasant staff who definitely don't like foreigners, to make the change without a guarantee of success

^ It was a very easy and quick experience, went to the counter, with the mrs, told them want to change from T3 - T1, lady briefly looked at yellow book, then gave us a piece of paper to sign, and that was it. In and out within 5 mins!

^ It was a very easy and quick experience, went to the counter, with the mrs, told them want to change from T1 - T3, lady briefly looked at yellow book, then gave us a piece of paper to sign, and that was it. In and out within 5 mins!

Thank you,

Please come back and report when you get your first "new " bill to determine if they lowered your rate

Yellow book is still issued at Banglamung, Nongprue only does changes to the details in the book.

Got mine at Nongprue last year.

That is possible, but house books are issued by the amphur, while changes to it must be done at the tambon.

So you can apply for the yellow book at the tambon, who send the documents to the amphur to get the book issued, so they only provide the service.

In fact we are 'still' on T3, after 2 months. So still waiting for them to change to T1

Hopefully next bill.

Will advise

I am pulling for you but I don't think that getting a Yellow Book is going to change anything other than getting your name on the bill

It does not change the fact that the property is owned by a company and the water company has a nice little earner there by charging everyone in our situation the commercial water rate even though it is obvious that your residence is not a business

In fact we are 'still' on T3, after 2 months. So still waiting for them to change to T1

Hopefully next bill.

Will advise

I am pulling for you but I don't think that getting a Yellow Book is going to change anything other than getting your name on the bill

It does not change the fact that the property is owned by a company and the water company has a nice little earner there by charging everyone in our situation the commercial water rate even though it is obvious that your residence is not a business

I hear what you're saying Langsuan man but if the house was being rented to an individual from a Thai Ltd company that owned it, under a proper tenancy agreement wouldn't this qualify the private tenant with proof of his private tenancy with either a letter from immigration confirming that he indeed lives there or his name in a yellow book doing the same thing qualify him/her for the cheaper rate?

I genuinely ask you this question on the basis that you may well have personal knowledge of the illogical way that the Water and the Electric suppliers charge this obscenely high difference for those who may have their houses within a Thai LTD company yet in reality are no different than those who rent their houses from a private individual

Hopefully next bill.

Will advise

I hear what you're saying Langsuan man but if the house was being rented to an individual from a Thai Ltd company that owned it, under a proper tenancy agreement wouldn't this qualify the private tenant with proof of his private tenancy with either a letter from immigration confirming that he indeed lives there or his name in a yellow book doing the same thing qualify him/her for the cheaper rate?

I genuinely ask you this question on the basis that you may well have personal knowledge of the illogical way that the Water and the Electric suppliers charge this obscenely high difference for those who may have their houses within a Thai LTD company yet in reality are no different than those who rent their houses from a private individual

I think that the only way around the "double pricing" by the water company would be for the renter to obtain his own water meter and water account, which really should be doable if the renter is able to obtain a Yellow House book. If the landlord requested removal of the water meter and then the renter applied for a new water meter and account using his lease then there is no real need for the Yellow Book, at least for utility purposes

Whether or not this would work for a house already registered with the water company by the owner (company) is questionable. All I know is that I could not find a way around it, maybe Forkinhades has found the solution but until he reports that his bill has dropped it is still up in the air

Make sure you have your tenant registered with immigration,as living

in your property,before going there,we did not know about this requirement,

and were fined 800THB.

regards Worgeordie

Hmmm you have income producing property. Interesting

Why is this interesting to you,Hmmmm,

regards Worgeordie

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any specific requirements for a visa? I went to get my name put into the yellow book and was told I needed a long term visa.

Kurt

If your Amphur requires a long term visa then that is their "specific requirement" and is not appealable

Which means, in most cases, an "O" or "O-A" visa or a "permission to stay" based upon the previous issuance of an "O" visa