Teclast X98 Air II. Where to buy in Bangkok.

Thanks dddave.. I found a few thai companies / individuals selling on the net. I decided on the smaller X89 34gb running Windows 8.1. So far very happy. Only slight problem is because it's a high resolution screen the fonts are small.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dddave.. I found a few thai companies / individuals selling on the net. I decided on the smaller X89 34gb running Windows 8.1. So far very happy. Only slight problem is because it's a high resolution screen the fonts are small.

Hi, can you please tell which Thai company did you buy your Teclast and how much? Do they offer warranty is case somethin's wrong? I'm interested in the Teclast X98 Air 3G 64 GB dual boot. The X89 is too small for me. Thanks.

No warranty from the company I got it from but Teclast will honor warranty, but you have to send to China. She had an X98 air 3g for 8900baht. Also I found them in stock here. 8,495 b

http://www.suc-seedshop.com/

But I wanted mine urgently.

The X98 page: http://www.suc-seedshop.com/product/201/teclast-x98-air-3g-dual-os-win8android-9-7นิ้ว-2048x1536-retina-intel-quad-core-2-16ghz-ram-2g

Edited by casualbiker

No warranty from the company I got it from but Teclast will honor warranty, but you have to send to China. She had an X98 air 3g for 8900baht. Also I found them in stock here. 8,495 b

http://www.suc-seedshop.com/

But I wanted mine urgently.

The X98 page: http://www.suc-seedshop.com/product/201/teclast-x98-air-3g-dual-os-win8android-9-7นิ้ว-2048x1536-retina-intel-quad-core-2-16ghz-ram-2g

Hello, many thanks for reply. I think I'll go for the Teclast X98 Air 3G 64GB with the online shop. I wanted to test it first but can't find it in any shop in BKK. Anyway it seems to get good reviews on youtube, so should be OK...

I looked at both.. Unless you REALLY want Android I would get the windows only one (more storage) but if you want both , no problems. I think that the X98 can fit IPad air cases etc.. I thought the X89 could fit the Mini cases but alas cannot. For the money I'm really pleased with mine.. IPads are sexier but also about 4-5 times more expensive!

So how is the wi-fi? I make a mistake and bought a Onda972 a couple of years back and the battery life & wi-fi really sucks man.

If the wi-fi router is out of sight in my house, so is the signal.

Must be one of the biggest 9000 baht mistakes in my life, LOL, I think I used it for 10 hours max for the last 2 years, well well.

I am now letting my 5 year old son use it for Youtube cartoons so it is a bit useful after all.

Guzzi. Seems fine. I'm using it at school and it shows same bars as my phone on the same network. I generally just use my phone hotspot though as it's faster than the schools dinasaur internet!

Battery life seems OK.. Not as good as some of the best android tablets.. But considering it's running full Windows 8.1 with 2g ram I still get 5-6 hours use.. Depending on what I'm doing!

Edited by casualbiker

Thanks cbiker,

I am getting a Win phone when I get back to Thailand and if I buy a tablet down the road it might well be a Win tablet.

That damn Onda tablet don't get a wi-fi signal out on my patio in front of the house but my IQ4 phone and Kindle book reader can go on-line via wi-fi out there without any problems.

I also find a 10" tablet too big for me, 8 or 9" is better but that is off-course subject to personal taste.

Guzzi. I don't like the Metro squares on 8.1 and I think they would drive me crazy on a phone screen.. Bit as a tablet it's good.. Still slight problem with some windows bits being to small, I think because of the resolution.. Gonna look into it a bit more!

So how is the wi-fi? I make a mistake and bought a Onda972 a couple of years back and the battery life & wi-fi really sucks man.

If the wi-fi router is out of sight in my house, so is the signal.

Must be one of the biggest 9000 baht mistakes in my life, LOL, I think I used it for 10 hours max for the last 2 years, well well.

I am now letting my 5 year old son use it for Youtube cartoons so it is a bit useful after all.

Guzzi:

Consider preemptively opening the ONDA V972 and replacing the battery before it blows up on you or your son. Not "explosive" blowing up but suddenly ballooning within the containment envelope which if punctured, could release some very nasty gases.

My V972 was inactive on a bookshelf at the time.post-14810-0-01127100-1432787688_thumb.j

Both my ONDA's kind of suck: V972 and a VI40. I was never able to figure out how to update them.

dddave. Your post was the reason I didn't even consider an Onda. I have got a 6" Aigo but that's fine.

Unfortunately, AIGO (U-TOO) seems to have gone out of business. The AIGO pictured is an early 802 but I also have a 8" M-80E that I really like. The screen got a crack across it though the tablet still functioned normally. I tried to contact them for a replacement screen but all Thailand phones out of service, no replies to emails. They used to have a large number of kiosks at Pantip Plaza but all have disappeared.

Hi Guys, I was considering Onda V919 3G as it looks pretty much like an iPad Air. But after going through the reviews I found some issues with it like speaker is not loud enough (mono), no HDMI out and battery life sucks when compared to Teclast X98 Air 3G. Also some issues with the wifi on the Onda.

Guzzi:

Consider preemptively opening the ONDA V972 and replacing the battery before it blows up on you or your son. Not "explosive" blowing up but suddenly ballooning within the containment envelope which if punctured, could release some very nasty gases.

My V972 was inactive on a bookshelf at the time.

Both my ONDA's kind of suck: V972 and a VI40. I was never able to figure out how to update them.

Cheers for the heads up on the Onda,

Well I am not gonna waste another single Satang on that one but will keep an eye on it.

Any signs of ballooning and it will be binned.

Then maybe get a Teclast eh, the 9" perhaps.

Funny about the charger for the Onda972, my charger also blew up shortly after I bough it.

The fuse in the multi plug socket extension cable blew and the charger was smoking. Bough a new fuse (10 bath) and an unknown brand charger that still works.

Sorry off topic now which was the Teclast tablet.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you finally got it. I'm still loving mine, although having issues installing Windows 10..

You can change/increase the DPI in customize screen resolution/advanced (i think)

Glad you finally got it. I'm still loving mine, although having issues installing Windows 10..

You can change/increase the DPI in customize screen resolution/advanced (i think)

Happy enough now but I will check that out. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 10162 went on a dream. Did not complain about a compressed filesystem this time, but i *did* have to jiggle free space - it needs 5.89Gb free before you install. I was able to get this, by uninstalling absolutely EVERYTHING (including users) and moving the pagefile to the SD card temporarily....turned out to 6.1GB

post-4252-0-78363600-1436210758_thumb.jp

Yeah.........It's quite slick. C: Drive free is now 10.8GB - remember i was struggling for 6GB earlier.

Free memory after a boot & some user admin is now 1019MB used, so about 50/50.

I DO like being able to swap from tablet mode to desktop mode with this - MS have done something right. It's certainly better than 8.1.....