Plodprasop blasts NACC for pressing charge on Yingluck govt over 2-billion baht compensation

webfact

Plodprasop blasts NACC for pressing charge on Yingluck government over 2-billion baht compensation

15-5-2558-13-47-26-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai party's acting deputy leader Plodprasop Suraswadi blasted the decision of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to formally charge ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra and her cabinet of malfeasance in office, saying he would conduct civil disobedience against its decision.

Plodprasop, who was among the Yingluck’s 34-member cabinet to face indictment of malfeasances in office for approving almost two billion baht compensation to victims of political violence during 2005-2010, said he didn’t understand why it was only the Yinglyck government that was ruled wrong in the compensation when in fact previous governments also used same regulations to pay compensation to victims of political violence.

Such decision to formally press charge on the Yingluck government was merely to send a message that “we cannot live in the same world”.

He said as he was among the 34-member cabinet, the approval of the compensation went through all legitimate procedures and regulations of the Prime Minister’s Office.

When there were injuries and deaths, it was justified to compensate them with no regard to whether they were red shirts, yellow shirts, or green shirts, he said.

He said he would neither resist nor pay attention to such decision but would resort to civil disobedience because NACC threw all offences to her cabinet.

He said they would fight the charge.

A core member of the red shirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship Veerakarn Musikapong said NACC is tool to undermine the Administrative after having successfully destroyed the Legislative.

He said the remedial compensation was not only for redshirts but football groups.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/plodprasop-blasts-nacc-for-pressing-charge-on-yingluck-government-over-2-billion-baht-compensation

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-15

He should keep his head down,as if he causes any trouble,he will have a

lot of past cases to answer for.

regards worgeordie

He dos not seem to be too concerned about it, his past history that is. But it will be interesting to see how long he can keep up the bravado.

"...he didn’t understand why it was only the Yinglyck government that was ruled wrong in the compensation when in fact previous governments also used same regulations to pay compensation to victims of political violence..."

Because the "Yellow Shirts" are now in charge and can do ANYTHING they want with impunity. The deck is now firmly stacked against the opposition. History is written by the winners.

Yes he has a point. If the previous govts did the same then surely the earlier govt officials should be first cab off the rank to face charges.

Reconciliation must have a different meaning in Thai.

Well the ex science minister, wild animal food expert, Speaks, I would love to know how he got so rich?

He holds a patent on flood prevention by boat propellers. Venice and the Netherlands must have paid him millions of Euros for this genius invention.

At least him and his crowd are no longer in the position to cut the budget of the NACC for having the audacity to investigate anything they do nor is there any more opportunity for grenades to be thrown or threats and intimidation.

Seems the only thing he has left is his dire threat of civil disobedience and somehow I doubt that's going to sway the NACC in his favor.

Would be interesting to see just who got this compensation and whether it was distributed fairly.

'He said he would neither resist nor pay attention to such decision but would resort to civil disobedience because NACC threw all offences to her cabinet.'

So the hi-so propellor-head is going to act in the same way as those he called 'garbage'. Typical brainless Thaksin stooge.

'He said he would neither resist nor pay attention to such decision but would resort to civil disobedience because NACC threw all offences to her cabinet.'

So the hi-so propellor-head is going to act in the same way as those he called 'garbage'. Typical brainless Thaksin stooge.

Na the ones he called garbage were activist groups along with the ordinary people who wanted a say in what was proposed for their area in the so called flood protection work.

The meeting was the Second Asia Pacific Water Summit and Plodprasop not only called anyone who dared to protest garbage but also threatened to have any who turned up arrested.

By the way what happened to the 350billion that was supposed to be borrowed (out of budget) for flood protection work. Was it 'obtained' or not, and if it was where did it go ?

Na the ones he called garbage were activist groups along with the ordinary people who wanted a say in what was proposed for their area in the so called flood protection work.

The meeting was the Second Asia Pacific Water Summit and Plodprasop not only called anyone who dared to protest garbage but also threatened to have any who turned up arrested.

By the way what happened to the 350billion that was supposed to be borrowed (out of budget) for flood protection work. Was it 'obtained' or not, and if it was where did it go ?

He also made it clear to Phuket that they didn't get a new convention center because they didn't vote PTP.

Arrogant, bully boy - fits in well with Thaksin and PTP's version of democracy.

Why is anyone paying attention to what this idiot says ?.

He was an absolute disgrace while in power and only kept it because he has been a loyal lackey. The only person with less respect than him in my eyes is Chalerm - and even Chalerm had a certain kind of idiots charm with his fat face and pink car.

This 'Why pick on us when other people did it' is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I don't care one bit : if it was all an illegal scam to funnel taxpayers money to their supporters (just like the rice scheme was) then I hope they rot in a cell.

Which of course they never will. Money and Thaksin's cronies in every facet of society will make sure none of these ever do time.

He also made it clear to Phuket that they didn't get a new convention center because they didn't vote PTP.

Arrogant, bully boy - fits in well with Thaksin and PTP's version of democracy.

This guy is the ideal poster boy for the PTP, as someone else said. He has it all. Ear medicine man is old hat. thumbsup.gif

I have to laugh when I read red posters running Vicha down, do they even realize PTP has Plod on their side ? How do they defend this guy, or do they just pretend he is not there ?

The big word is Corruption! It seems that some people just do not understand

that the corruption in the past is what causes Thailand to continue to have its problems.

I do hope that the present PM can make a dent in the past corruption, and that a lot

more people in politics, or police force or military, get found out and charged.

They should be happy that they do not live in North Korea and have to

face an anti-aircraft weapon. Just saying!

Yes he has a point. If the previous govts did the same then surely the earlier govt officials should be first cab off the rank to face charges.

He'll have his chance in court to prove the Yingluck Thaksin government's payments were in line with previous governments' compensation plans. BTW, did Yingluck's government compensate any non-Red Shirt victims of violence such as those killed and injured at the BTS station from a M-79 grenade fired from Lumpini Park or those killed and injured protesting against her government or was it just her supporters who got compensation? Plodprasop's statements today were designed to be divisive and cause people to believe he and the Yingluck Thaksin government are being especially persecuted. "but would resort to civil disobedience" - Plodprasop. Do you really think his making threats will promote reconciliation?

I looked up the word 'reconciliation' in my UDD to English dictionary that I always keep handy. In it, it defines 'reconciliation' as, "forgiveness of any and all crimes committed by Thaksin and his puppet government because they are the only government that ever did anything nice for the Northern and Isaan people". Remember the Yingluck Thaksin government's description of the 'blanket' amnesty plans as 'reconciliation'. They truly do have their own definitions of English words.

Edited by rametindallas

When there were injuries and deaths, it was justified to compensate them with no regard to whether they were red shirts, yellow shirts, or green shirts, he said.

Don't forget school shirts.

Such as those worn by my friend's daughters on the day they saw buckets of human blood being poured onto a public pavement, during a 'political statement'.

I made hot cocoa for them because they were crying. And I told them that they wouldn't ever have to see buckets of human blood again. They love Hello Kitty and stuff. And hot cocoa.

Such decision to formally press charge on the Yingluck government was merely to send a message that “we cannot live in the same world”.

"I'm so over you!"

Plodprasop is back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the current corruption crackdown ( well at least on

former government officials) , I would have expected him to be cowering in his

mansion waiting his turn in the docket. And certainly not making statements blasting

the NAAC. Inquiring minds want to know about his unusual wealth, as I recall the wealthiest

member of the cabinet.