proof of residency for retirement extension.

Nowadays many immigration offices check that the landlord reported your stay, as they should do. Thus they want to see a rental agreement plus copy ID-card and household registration book of owner.

But some offices will accept an utility bill with your name and address on it.

If they want confirmation, they only have to look up the address on their computer and see if the householder registered the guest.

Anyone that can comply with financial requirements for retirement is hardly a cheap charlie.

Why that?

AFAIK Cheap Charlie refers to what you spend, not what you own. One can be rich but stingy.

The 65'000 baht/month requirement cannot really make you a big spender.

Bangkok, Pattaya, and a few other places don't seem to be effected by recent changes requiring proof of residence.

At Pattaya/Jomtien office they previously asked me for an utility bill. The 3BB Internet made it.

I own a condo and the only proof I could give would be the Chanote, but never asked.

Edited by Pattaya46

There seems to now be a requirement for "proof" of address.

This requirement will gradually be adopted by all offices and requires the use of a fully completed TM30 form with attached tabian ban and ID

Has anyone actually personally encountered that, as yet, in dealing with BKK CW for a retirement extension renewal??? I don't recall reading any reports here coming out of BKK CW about that being enforced there.

MANY MANY folks are going to BKK CW every day for retirement extensions... So, is there any link/links here to member reports of having encountered that requirement at Chaeng Wattana?

So a full day has now passed since my post above here, and not a single person has popped up here to say that they've been required to provide proof of address for a retirement extension renewal at BKK Chaeng Wattana Immigration.

Thus, unless evidence surfaces to the contrary, I'm going to assume that CW Immigration isn't doing this, at least at the present time.

My recent experience that I posted before was at C.W., the officer certainly did not want my rental lease or anything else, just confirmed the address listed on her computer. As Cw is virtually the "head office" I would assume that their procedures are correct, and all the other offices are making things up as they go along.