US jury orders death for the Boston Marathon bomber

Lite Beer

One can only reach a different conclusion when one disregards everything islamists say, all their history, all their books, and choose instead a more palatable explanation. Islam acts upon the world because it is the primary mission of every muslim to proselytize, by sword or word, islam until the end of days. This is the central tenet. This is their central eschatology. This is their central daily inculcation of their prayers. Act upon the world, the House of War (non muslim nations) until such a time as the world becomes a House of Submission- global islam. This is not speculation. This is indisputable fact.

Funny that, because I work with several thousand and not one of them has ever tried to convert me with words or a sword in decades.

Perhaps you're just talking out of your hat.

"Perhaps," but I don't even own a hat.

These experiences you have are valid and its right to form the opinion you have based on this. This does not change the teachings and prescriptions of Islam. My interest is actually posting with those who disagree with me so I can actually see through others' eyes.

It is one thing to have experiences that support an opinion, a deeply subjective experience. Objectively, what I say remains true irrespective of your experience- Islam (and its not unique in this regard) seeks to spread its faith, period! Islam, however, has a central component of spreading their faith by warring and the application of universal law upon all (in this regard its quite unique). The simplest blueprint of islam is found in the concept of dar al harb and dar al islam, and the shar'ia. This is a fact. I have noted for a long time that the West should stop and actually listen to what is said rather than providing pie in the sky defenses for this Third Great Jihad. With few exceptions IS/DAESH has always cited legitimate islamic jurisprudence for its actions, as have most islamists. This is the intellectual elephant in the room.

"Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting. No-one should believe that the war that we are waging is the war of the Islamic State. It is the war of all Muslims, but the Islamic State is spearheading it. It is the war of Muslims against infidels." Al Baghdadi, DAESH leader on recent audio remarks.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/223606-isis-leader-al-baghdadi-islam-was-never-for-a-day-the-religion-of-peace-islam-is-the-religion-of-war/

Two lunatics.

The Dark Side Diaries continue as we knew they invariably must due to a true believer believing other ranting true believers, neither bunch being anything other than marginal to mainstream civilization.

Jihadist fanatics such as the Tsarnev brothers have no popular or common support. The only principals in the Boston federal courtroom were the lawyers, jurors, families of victims....no one was there to support the stupid kid or his malicious cause and purposes. Few if any Jihadists in Pakistan for instance have any remote clue or idea of this case, which also means there is no thought cloud out there uniting or unifying them either.

The only unifying thought cloud is the Dark Side Diaries which themselves are nothing more than a radical right pulp fiction of warmongering illusions.

Edited by Publicus

One thing about the death penalty. The guy and his plight continues to pop up in the news as a reminder of his pending death for all people to be reminded. People who are put away for life tend to be forgotten. We shouldn't forget just as we don't forget 9/11. It keeps us on our toes.

This bombing was horrific and an affront to civilization. Another thing to remember. America doesn't put up with his kind of shit. America just might be the first major country where these guys don't get a solid toehold. Running Bin Laden to ground, Texas recently, now this...

That's all I'm going to say other than Americans are well able and ready to take care of this type. You guys do what you want to do.

Sorry but you surely don't speak for all Americans & I as an American disagree

This sentence is no reminder it is a flag. Same as the flag that robbers see & use to determine risk If they are going to steal they will steal BIG because the penalty/flag is the same.

If the death penalty was so effective then those that use it would not continually need to do so. It does not stop even simple crimes like drug trafficking through countries with the death penalty for doing so

You speak of not forgetting but most always forget the most basic question of all....."Why" Is it that old hestnut..."They hate us for our freedoms"? That chestnut went rancid long ago.

You will in fact put up with this for as long as your actions cause reactions period.

PS: before the fanatics come out with the usual spin I feel this way about all bad actions regardless of which country or people commit them... this one case in point also. I do not disagree with what ever punishment is decided. Although personally I think a life in a rough prison is more punishing.....But I do disagree with all holier than thou "we will not forget" attitudes that never go beyond the event & question what action caused it

Until this is done you will continue to chase your tail....thinking all the while it is the bad guys

Good Luck

Sorry, but the point is there are people in this world who do vile things. They are scum and don't deserve to live in the civilized world. If life in prison in lieu of the death penalty meant a life of toiling in the gravel pit smashing rocks for life in the hot sun, I would be fine with that. But that's not what life in prison means. So I am fine with just doing away with the scum, case closed, and we move on.

One thing about the death penalty. The guy and his plight continues to pop up in the news as a reminder of his pending death for all people to be reminded. People who are put away for life tend to be forgotten. We shouldn't forget just as we don't forget 9/11. It keeps us on our toes.

This bombing was horrific and an affront to civilization. Another thing to remember. America doesn't put up with his kind of shit. America just might be the first major country where these guys don't get a solid toehold. Running Bin Laden to ground, Texas recently, now this...

That's all I'm going to say other than Americans are well able and ready to take care of this type. You guys do what you want to do.

Sorry but you surely don't speak for all Americans & I as an American disagree

This sentence is no reminder it is a flag. Same as the flag that robbers see & use to determine risk If they are going to steal they will steal BIG because the penalty/flag is the same.

If the death penalty was so effective then those that use it would not continually need to do so. It does not stop even simple crimes like drug trafficking through countries with the death penalty for doing so

You speak of not forgetting but most always forget the most basic question of all....."Why" Is it that old hestnut..."They hate us for our freedoms"? That chestnut went rancid long ago.

You will in fact put up with this for as long as your actions cause reactions period.

PS: before the fanatics come out with the usual spin I feel this way about all bad actions regardless of which country or people commit them... this one case in point also. I do not disagree with what ever punishment is decided. Although personally I think a life in a rough prison is more punishing.....But I do disagree with all holier than thou "we will not forget" attitudes that never go beyond the event & question what action caused it

Until this is done you will continue to chase your tail....thinking all the while it is the bad guys

Good Luck

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I don't think the death penalty is particularly effective at deterring crime. I think it is a statement that we don't put up with that type of person. It's also known that this type is pretty effective at getting Islamic recruits in prison - a place where a lot of lowlifes reside. He won't be able to do that in solitary on death row. He simply needs to be removed from the human race. He's the worst of the worst - an animal.

If we forget terrorist acts that have occurred in the US and elsewhere we won't be on our toes to try to prevent or stop them. I hope you don't think that it would take a fanatic to see what's creeping throughout the world including the West and to want to stop it.

There is a readiness culture that is not a secret and has no attempt to hide itself. Gun stores have been short of quality guns and almost all ammunition for eight years now and it continues. It actually started with 9/11 and has accelerated as more events have happened. 100 million Americans now own 300 million guns and truckloads of ammunition. They know how to use them, have a right to use them against threats, and they comprise by far the largest armed militia the world has ever known.

Violent Islam is creeping throughout the world and I don't see any deniers. All I can say is that they aren't going to get away with their shit in my neighborhood.

Cheers

Timothy McVeigh went fairly and relatively quickly because he ordered his lawyers off the appeals and demanded the government execute him forthwith.

Appeals are not about guilt or innocence, they are instead about due process, rules of evidence, decisions by the judge to include instructions to the jury and a lot more entirely having to do with the judicial proceeding. If the process was significantly flawed, the appeals court overturns a conviction but only on the basis of procedure, process, decision making, not guilt or innocence.

This guy's lawyers opened his defense by saying he did it, so there isn't much to contest in that concerning process or procedure. There's some stuff, yes, but not a lot of contention or disputes over process. The jury looked at the capital punishment statutes and Tsarnev's defense, then sentenced him to die, so there wouldn't be that much in that particular process either.

While the initial appeal is required in the laws, Tsarnev might want to find inspiration in Timothy McVeigh's decision about executing the sentence of the jury and the court by forgoing all or some of the appeals after the initial statutorily mandated one.

This guy's lawyers opened his defense by saying he did it, so there isn't much to contest in that concerning process or procedure. There's some stuff, yes, but not a lot of contention or disputes over process. .

You really need to stop practicing law without a license, son. cheesy.gifbiggrin.png

This perp will get a new lawyer and file a motion for a new trial claiming that his guilty plea was due to not understanding a bad lawyer or his mental stress at the time or...

Because it's a death penalty he'll get that new trial and then he'll get appeals of any new conviction too. The courts can't be too careful and that's what takes up the 20 years or so.

Unless he waives all appeals and his lawyers fail to get the court to ignore his waivers due to his mental condition or something, this guy may live longer than I do.

He'd have to persuade the appeals court he misunderstood legal advice from arguably the most recognized capital punishment defense lawyer in the business as her track record has arguably established, the outcome of this trial notwithstanding.

So he should make certain he doesn't get an actually bad lawyer to do his appeal to the wrong judge or the wrong court. In the wrong district or on the wrong day.

The guy is as guilty as sin itself and the whole country knows it except for people who lack confidence in the judicial system and the judiciary.

Some people still like hanging judges who hang 'em high at high noon of the following day.

Edited by Publicus

He'd have to persuade the appeals court he misunderstood legal advice from arguably the most recognized capital punishment defense lawyer in the business as her track record has arguably established, the outcome of this trial notwithstanding.

So he should make certain he doesn't get an actually bad lawyer to do his appeal to the wrong judge or the wrong court. In the wrong district or on the wrong day.

The guy is as guilty as sin itself and the whole country knows it except for people who lack confidence in the judicial system and the judiciary.

Some people still like hanging judges who hang 'em high at high noon of the following day.

I think you're missing the clear fact that the end of all of this is a rope. The legal system isn't going to deny him his appeals.

I you were I was his new attorney, I'd attack the fact that his attorney at the trial advised him to plead guilty hoping to avoid the death penalty. It didn't work and was therefore bad advice in the instant case. That's bad legal advice for this guy and this perp can't be expected to know if his attorney's advice is sound or how much risk he's taking.

The guy had a right to a presumption of innocence and he lost it to (what turned out to be) bad advice. He gets a new trial with a presumption of innocence but now the jury pool is tainted and it's possible he can't even get a trial which appellate courts will uphold as fair under the law.

There are many twists in the road ahead and they take about 20 years. He might even get this thing commuted to life upon appeal if they can't find a jury of 12 untainted people.

Edited by NeverSure

As someone from Boston who was deeply affected by this, I can honestly say I feel some empathy for the kid. I won't sleep over him receiving the death penalty, but I do think he was surrounded by S**T, and without his brother in the picture, I don't think he ever does this.

Here are my points: His parents were COMPLETE nutjobs. If he turns his brother in , he likely gets disowned by his family. Lousy option. Another problem is that, the FEDS already investigated his brother, and went home. So if he turns his brother in, how does he even know that stops his actions? I think the kid was put in a shitty circumstance, and I'm not sure what percentage of people act the same, and what percentage act differently.

Reasonable and fair minded people can and sometimes do disagree.

Joker Tsarnev took the oath of citizenship and fidelity to the US Constitution on September 11, 2010 in the John F. Kennedy Federal Building at Government Center in central Boston, across the plaza from Boston City Hall.

He then proceeded to become a traitor to the US Constitution and the United States by becoming a Jihadist terrorist in the United States.

Tsarnev successfully from his point of view used a weapon of mass destruction to kill, maim, destroy persons and property in the United States and at a high profile heavily attended and globally reported public event, the Boston Marathon.

He and his brother killed the MIT police officer Sean Collier.

He and his brother engaged local, state, federal law enforcement officers in a wild gunfight and shootout in the streets of Boston and amongst the homes and yards of the people of the city.

The personal story of Joker Tsarnev is that he is a traitor, a terrorist, a mass murderer who with his own hands created and placed a weapon of mass destruction, a bomb. As such, Tsarnev will get everything the laws and the Constitution of the Untied States rightfully provide.

Really can't argue with that, Publicus.

Oh, and he murdered a child, amongst others. He may have well sighted that child when placing the bomb but didn't bat an eyelid either way.

Aggravated murder, i.e., killing a (uniquely) vulnerable member of the society, in this instance a child....8 years old.

The security video camera that caught that particular malevolence by Joker Tsarnev recorded him standing behind the boy and the spectators at the spot for four minutes of smirking before he placed the bomb.

He didn't bat an eyelid while he did instead do a lot of smirking.

Sociopathy, for which there is no known cure anywhere.

There is a cure of terrorism but it's a long term process at best. In the meantime, trying to kill 'em all is absurd but killing as many as we can is doable, desirable, necessary.

Stick him.

Well, I do think it was an atrocity, and to edit, I am NOT losing sleep over his execution, but they do have these hearings for a reason, although I do not understand and am ignorant to a lot of the legal process. We do owe the kid a bit of gratitude for being completely stupid and not wearing much of a disguise, and having an unforgettably huge nose.

Girls who Joker's buddies confirm he'd been with went online after the bombing and his arrest to say it's not only his nose that's huge.

Joker in prison does continue to have safe sex however by using a rubber glove.

From here to eternity.

Wow, check out the nasty, nasty people these are. This is dudes mom. Nasty dang hag, nasty people.

----------

“They think that they are killing us and they celebrate this, but we are the ones who will rejoice when Allah grants us the chance to behold them in the flames of an eternal and terrifying fire, an otherworldly flame.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/05/324085-mother-boston-bomber-message-united-states-response-sons-death-sentence/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Culture

post-159996-0-21846300-1431992708_thumb.