Immigration Moving?

ThaiPauly

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, I used to sell cars before I became a lawyer who sold financial services.

Yes, well I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

and only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...

Just seen this posted on a FB group. Not my picture so I dont know anything about it other than someone said they were there early this morning and saw it.

attachicon.gif11209664_10155728035775720_4463976444834918508_n.jpg

hope this is helpful.

I think thats some wacko taking the Mickey

Definitely. I'm very surprised that Immigration would post an announcement, in English, that is this specific this far in advance.

So *if* they move, will this new building somehow make them smart and efficient? Will it end the day long process of getting a visa extension?

I understand extensions for retirement in Bangkok and other places are sometimes processed in as little as ten minutes. How, I wonder, do they do it?

Edited by mesquite

So *if* they move, will this new building somehow make them smart and efficient? Will it end the day long process of getting a visa extension?

I understand extensions for retirement in Bangkok and other places are sometimes processed in as little as ten minutes. How, I wonder, do they do it?

They do it by having the proper manpower to do the job and the room to do it in. We will now have the room but will Bangkok supply the manpower. They have already OKed 15 more staff the catch being they are doing the hiring not Chiang Mai.

They do it by having the proper manpower to do the job and the room to do it in. We will now have the room but will Bangkok supply the manpower. They have already OKed 15 more staff the catch being they are doing the hiring not Chiang Mai.

That's good news. I welcome the Bangkok-trained personnel to Chiang Mai where they can hopefully straighten things out. To set up CM Immigration so that it functions like Bangkok would be great.

Edited by mesquite

My last extension for retirement took 10 mins to process. Then had to wait for photo (why?) & then more waiting for "the boss" to sign off, then more waiting for them to give passports back sad.png

So where do "marriage" extensions go? I smell a rat...

I guess they will be at the Prom too but if marriage extensions get left behind at the current airport office that suits me . It will be a quiet with everything else being being done at the Prom. I cant see them operating two offices though. I am due to visit in August and i have never been to Promenada. Fingers crossed queing up at 05:00 will be a thing of the past.

That's good news. I welcome the Bangkok-trained personnel to Chiang Mai where they can hopefully straighten things out. To set up CM Immigration so that it functions like Bangkok would be great.

You missed the point. The problem is a shortage of manpower not the system. They OKed the additional staff and are refusing to let Chiang Mai hire them They say they will do the hiring. This has been going on for a year now. Not sure where they would put 15 more people at the present location.

All makes sense, it is what was posted before on here ref the MD of Promenada but dismissed out of hand by many.

The 20th July is a Monday, that makes a weekend move which is practical.

And in English, I guess the majority of those affected use it?

Practical joke, I guess using the immigration logo would warrant a substantial jail term or reeducation?