Blasted from the past(ed)............

krisb

OK what cinema re-make are you most excited about? Poltergeist, Mad Max, Fantastic Four...............Half the time they ruin it. It's not easy to get these things right without being very wrong.....How about Crimson Ghost? classic movie and ripe for a re make imo.

post-151649-0-40155100-1431781537_thumb.

How about film companies making some new films instead of re-making films which are normally inferior to the original, or having endless sequels & prequels? I'll make an exception for Godfather 2, though number 3 was dire by comparison to the first two.

39 Steps..........

Other Buchan classics such as Greenmantle or The Three Hostages might make good films. Huntingtower, Castle Gay and The House of the Four Winds could be used for a TV series.

I'd like a remake of Lee Child's Jack Reacher with an actor Reacher's size instead of a dwarf.

39 Steps..........

Other Buchan classics such as Greenmantle or The Three Hostages might make good films. Huntingtower, Castle Gay and The House of the Four Winds could be used for a TV series.

I'd like a remake of Lee Child's Jack Reacher with an actor Reacher's size instead of a dwarf.

Yes... you read a Jack Reacher book..... & then get a garden gnome in the movie.

39 Steps..........

Yes... you read a Jack Reacher book..... & then get a garden gnome in the movie.

Just finished "Personal" - a twist at the end that was not realistic... but a good read......

The Great Escape, The bridge on the River Kwai.

Without Steve McQueen or Sir Alec Guiness that wouldn't cut it for me.

I find most remakes much inferior to the original.

This is probably because it's too easy to criticize the remake.

However having said that I liked the remake of Poldark on BBC 1 TV and I think it was better this time round.

Any Brits on here go with that?

Emerald Forest...beautiful young Amazon Indians...uninhibited...

Powers Booth played the leading role...searching for his son who was captured and raised by Amazon Indians...

Based on a true story...

No, rather make a remake of "1984"

Go back to live in Farangland? Oceania or Eurasia?

Maybe not even a good place to die...

There's Newspeak and Thoughtcrime on Internet.

Edited by micmichd

I saw the original tv minseries of "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy." Not only very well done, but Alec Guiness's George Smiley was exactly as I pictured him when reading the book.

A few years ago there was a re-make, absolutely unimpressive. Not bad for a movie version of a book, but not noteworthy either. Probably most annoying for me was the fellow who is Smiley's assistant, a ladies' man always flirting with the secretaries, became a guy who was distraught at the departure of his homosexual partner. The scene where that character had to rough up somebody was completely unconvincing.

Since then I've taken an anti-remake stance. I would prefer they re-release some of the classics with grand-scale promotion, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, when it comes to drama, black & white can have incredible effect.

Well, that's my 2 satang.

Edited by bendejo

Love to see a Thai version of James Bond.

Where his gun and Martini, shaken but not stirred is pixeled out, Blofeld is a katoey, the Bond girl does not wear a bikini, the Bond car is a Toyota, Miss Money Penny becomes Khun Money baht, he would be totally obedient and never question M`s authority, his special gadgets consisting of a Songkran water pistol and a wooden catapult and making love to the girl at the end is considered indecent and forbidden.

Love to see a Thai version of James Bond.

Where his gun and Martini, shaken but not stirred is pixeled out, Blofeld is a katoey, the Bond girl does not wear a bikini, the Bond car is a Toyota, Miss Money Penny becomes Khun Money baht, he would be totally obedient and never question M`s authority, his special gadgets consisting of a Songkran water pistol and a wooden catapult and making love to the girl at the end is considered indecent and forbidden.

As comical as that is, I'd give it a miss. Sounds nearly as bad as Timothy Dalton playing 007. Maybe JJ could play the evil villain? Stealing the whole world's money 1 dodgy jet ski at a time.