How do I find out my wifes SWIFT code?

Hello,

I am trying to send 250,000 Bhat from my UK natwest account to my wife's Thai Bangkok Bank account, Natwest are asking for her Bank Identifier Code (SWIFT BIC)

From what I can read on here BIC codes are Europe only and the SWIFT is what I want, anyone know how I would go about getting this code?

Thanks in advance for any replies and sorry if this has already been covered.

Ok tried BKKBTHB as the SWIFT and got 'Please enter a valid Bank Identifier Code (SWIFT BIC).'

Guess she will need to call her bank and find that out

Try to put the K at the end of BKKBTHB, you left it out.

BKKBTHBK

You have no "right" to "find out" anything about your wife's B/A

She, if she wishes , can give you the Swift Code to her account

Understand ?

Perhaps you will give me full details , codes passwords etc which allow full access to your B/A ( Why refuse ? )

Understand ?

Perhaps you will give me full details , codes passwords etc which allow full access to your B/A ( Why refuse ? )

The SWIFT code is not privileged information and has nothing to do with her bank account. It is a just a code that identifies the bank to which the money is being sent.

Anyone can find the SWIFT code for any bank in the world by simply looking it up on the internet.

Understand ?

"You have no "right" to "find out" anything about your wife's B/A"

On the the contrary the one who is sending money has every right to know who's bank account is receiving his money. Or would you prefer them to promptly cancel the transaction? .............yes! I expect you would change your mind, rather than lose money for nothing!

Understand ?

What? Did you inhale diesel fumes this morning? It's a code meant to be share - lmao

Indeed Thailand does not use SWIFT codes. Each bank (not branch) has one code for the whole country. e.g. Bangkok Bank is BKKBTHBK, Kasikorn Bank is KASITHBK . The first three digits of the account number gives the branch where the account is held, then there's the account number and finally a check digit.

Indeed Thailand does not use SWIFT codes. Each bank (not branch) has one code for the whole country. e.g. Bangkok Bank is BKKBTHBK, Kasikorn Bank is KASITHBK . The first three digits of the account number gives the branch where the account is held, then there's the account number and finally a check digit.

?????

Below are the SWIFT codes for all banks in Thailand.

http://www.theswiftcodes.com/thailand/

http://www.livingthai.org/complete-list-of-bank-swift-codes-for-thailand-banks.html

My God, what a load of nonsense from some people.

To send money to a Thai bank account you need to use the SWIFT CODE and the receiving person's name and account number, simple as that.

Thailand does not use IBAN

Edited by The Fat Controller

Understand ?

Pay attention, George Soros has spoken.

Clearly you have no knowledge of how to conduct even the most basic international bank transactions. Despite this your willingness to post on matters you know nothing about is most refreshing.

I'm still trying to work out if you are "for real".

Understand ?

OP is after a SWIFT code. This is something ANYONE can look up, or ask for, or share around.

Asking on this type of forum for advice on how to find a SWIFT code is sensible and completely appropriate, if wifey is unable to find it or doesn't understand what it means.

Learn what a SWIFT code is.

Goodness gracious, faith & begorrah, give me strength etc.

If you want to transfer the sum directly from UK to Thailand then inform NatWest the Swift code of Bangkok Bank which is >BKKBTH BK < and the name & bank account number of your wife.

The transfer can also be done via the Bangkok Bank Branch in London using the UK "BACS" System and NatWest then needs your wife's name & account number,

The transfer takes about 5 days (Mon to Fri) when started at the beginning of the week, and the transfer cost is cheaper than the speedy Swift Code procedure which takes 1 to 2 days.

Understand ?

stupid comment, swift codes are public domain.