Russian woman robbed in Bangkok

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- A 23-year-old Russian woman was robbed and injured by a pillion rider in front of the Klong Tan railway station in Bangkok early Sunday, police said.

Pol Lt Winit Saegsilar, an officer on duty of the Makkasan police station, was informed of the robbery at 5 am Sunday. He was told that Anastasa Bushiueu was robbed in front of the railway station in North Ekkamai Intersection on Phetchaburi Road in Bang Kapi sub-district of Huaykwang district.

He rushed to the scene with officials of the Ruam Katanyoo Foundation. They found Bushiueu with multiple serious cuts on both arms and on her left shoulder. Rescuers of the foundation performed a first aid treatment and rushed her to the Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital.

Witnesses told police that two assailants on a motorcycle, whose brand and license plate number remained unknown, tried to snatch the Russian’s handbag.

She resisted so the pillion ride cut her with his knife several times until she let go the bag.

Winit said police will further interrogate the woman to find out what valuables she had in the bag.

Police are checking feeds from security cameras in the area to try to see which direction the robbers fled.

A spate of bag-snatching against foreign tourists have been recently reported.

Late last month, a Chinese woman was injured when she held on to her handbag when a pillion rider tried to snatch her bag on North Pattya Road late night. Fortunately, people in the neighborhood came out to see her, prompting the four young men on two motorcycles to flee. They were unable to take the bag away.

Real miserable comments

It is a miserable piece of news. You save money , come to

Thailand for a holiday to enjoy yourself, and next thing you

know lunatic Thais are grabbing your bag and stabbing you.

What do you expect people to say ????

My friend had his phone stolen like that in Kuala Lumpur

I had something stolen in Barcelona on Las Ramblas - Thailand is very safe for tourists compared to most cities in the world. I spent years wandering around back streets at all hours drunk and never got mugged.

Welcome to "Thainess".

coffee1.gif

What a stupid comment.

So bag-snatchers from Birmingham UK are also Thai nationality for no apparent reason other than your racism.

Absolute racist crap - should be banned for suggesting 'Thainess' is something bad, as it isn't.

as everything else in the world, nothing is perfect, so by definition nor is Thainess... so off course there are bad aspects to Thainess, or are you suggesting Thainess is the perfect way of being ?

Edited by dopenhagen

My friend had his phone stolen like that in Kuala Lumpur

I had something stolen in Barcelona on Las Ramblas - Thailand is very safe for tourists compared to most cities in the world. I spent years wandering around back streets at all hours drunk and never got mugged.

Well, it seems that Thai cities are catching up rather quickly with "most cities in the world " .

Years ago Thailand was popular, among other things, for its perceived safety, but things are changing.

Racism transfers directly towards any 'other', it doesn't matter if you try to hide behind "Thai is not a race" we can still call you out.

As to the others who are posting about Thainess in this instance, I would like any of you numbskulls to answer my point: if this is Thainess then how is a bag-snatch in Birmingham UK not Thainess? Furthermore, if Thainess is defined by knife-wielding bag-snatchers, how is it that the streets of Thailand are a heck of a lot safer to walk at night than most cities back home?

This is a great topic for spotting racists: the only true Thai-related issue here is the setting. This has nothing to do with face, greng-jai or anything from Thai culture at all.

The reality, that this happened in Thailand by criminals and nothing more, is so clear it makes the racism really stand out.

I was robbed in Geneva once and on another occasion in Amsterdam. My colleague’s briefcase was snatched in Paris.

U.K and the U.S have numerous cases of robbers and the U.S of course is notorious for gun violence.

T.V has an abundance of Thai Bashers, who ae only there to make callous remarks. Their only pleasure in life seems to be attacking Thais and Asians for that matter by looking at those profiles.

These are sick individuals are losers who have no other satisfaction in life

Can happen everywhere. It happened to me in Barcelona. Have I complaint all Spaniards?

No and neither do you go on about Spanishness.

The problem is that the Thai bashers don;t have the slightest idea what Thainess is.

It is a topic that they are taught in school - "kwam bpen thai" which, in the curriculum says - "The GOOD characteristics of a Thai - eg, 'benevolence, compassion, sacrifice, deference, dress conduct, selflessness, protecting the development and continuation of these POSITIVE traits, reverence for the king, teachers and elders etc.

For some idiot to say, theft, corruption etc is Thainess is pure ignorance.

Ladies should start carrying a give away bag, with a few rocks in it, and keeping their valuables elsewhere.

I was robbed/bag snatched likes this a few years ago while riding a bicycle (in bright daylight!). A brandnew full-frame NIKON-DSLR with three lenses - gone. Trust me, when you lie on the street, bleeding like a pig and see them driving away with your bag you really DO wish for some good surprise-explosives inside the shoulder bag and a remote-detonator in your trouser-pocket....

Ladies should start carrying a give away bag, with a few rocks in it, and keeping their valuables elsewhere.

I was robbed/bag snatched likes this a few years ago while riding a bicycle (in bright daylight!). A brandnew full-frame NIKON-DSLR with three lenses - gone. Trust me, when you lie on the street, bleeding like a pig and see them driving away with your bag you really DO wish for some good surprise-explosives inside the shoulder bag and a remote-detonator in your trouser-pocket....

Until now I thought, I was the only one with exactly the same evil thoughts.