Thai Monk Arrested, Defrocked for Getting Drunk in Police Car

Lite Beer

Thai Monk Arrested, Defrocked for Getting Drunk in Police Car

By Khaosod Eng.

14319507941431950823l.jpg

BUENG KAN — A monk in northeastern Thailand has been arrested and defrocked for drinking alcohol in a police vehicle in Bueng Kan province yesterday, police say.

Pol.Lt. Pibul Soongklang, an officer at Mueang Bueng Kan Police Station, said he was driving to work on 17 May when he saw a monk on the side of the road, and offered to give him a ride in his pick-up truck. The 48-year-old monk, Phra Kamsaen Teeradhammo, reportedly told the officer he was on his way to a funeral.

Pol.Lt. Pibul said he later looked through his rear window and noticed that Phra Kamsaen had started drinking alcohol, a violation of Buddhist doctrine.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1431950794

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-05-18

They served alcohol in the police car? OMG!!

he was in the back of the car , probably had the booze on him already in his robes or bag , there was no need to search a monk you offer a lift to, when observed to be drinking they did something about it.

How many have you had before you made this stupid thoughtless irrelevant reply to this post, in the usual TVN style that yourself and many others on here seem to have, apart from no other reason but just post in order to just be able to say something, regardless of its relevance ????

The mental picture of this old monk in only his underwear... After being defrocked :)

Lol, if the catholic church defrocked drunken priests would they have any left ??

They served alcohol in the police car? OMG!!

How many have you had before you made this stupid thoughtless irrelevant reply to this post, in the usual TVN style that yourself and many others on here seem to have, apart from no other reason but just post in order to just be able to say something, regardless of its relevance ????

If you'd break that into its appropriate sentences I might be able to read it, hic hic.

What hic is TVN hic? burp.gif

I have yet to find anyone who got control of any religion who wasn't corrupt. I don't mean the religion itself, but the monks, priests, televangelists and so on who get control of a bunch of people and build their own empire with it. When I see someone with an empire built on a religion my BS detector red lines.

A true believer in his religion, not !

Mindless comment. Everybody makes mistakes.

Hmmm.....so if we make mistakes, and monks make mistakes, that pretty much

puts us on a level playing field. So if the monks imply they exist on a higher

plain of piety than the rest of us, and thus are enabled to act as moral leaders

for us, and yet they get drunk, rape women, steal money, and shop for Iphones

like the rest of us, that would make them look like........hypocrites

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Another non-topic... there's good and bad everywhere. This boozer comes no way close to the thousands of Catholic priests abusing children.

Yes you are so right!

If catholic priests can abuse children, surely a buddhist monk can drink alcohol, gamble, and to all sorts of things, as long as it is not with children.

There's one in every thread.

The mental picture of this old monk in only his underwear... After being defrocked smile.png

Lol, if the catholic church defrocked drunken priests would they have any left ??

FYI: All monks are naked under their robes. In other words, they don't wear underwear.

Says a lot for the Pol Lt that he took action against a monk.

Proves there are some good cops, not many, but some.

I hope it dawns on the general public soon, just what the donations of money to the temples gets spent on.

Give them rice, and nothing else, that's all they really need to follow their doctrine isn't it.

Should be a scene for him in the next hangover movie

...yeah but then 'we' will be sued for slander...defamation....outrage.....a movie boycott will ensue...etc....etc...

...."Better a flattering lie than an uncomplimentary truth"

Faith is a personal internal journey. I believe that one of the main reasons that priests of all religions can lose their way, is that they realise they are occupying a position which is by its very nature almost entirely superfluous to the entirely personal and internal dialogue between an individual and God. Obviously priests are often very good at helping people in their community, but it is often more in a social-work sense than in a divine sense.

I have my own faith, my own internal visions and moments of life-changing gnosis. For me to need any priest to show me God, would be the same as needing a priest to stand around all day infront of a beautiful lake, pointing at the lake and telling visitors "this is a beautiful lake."

Ok....we here about Monks getting defrocked from time to time, Im wondering if they get re-frocked after a week or two? Or maybe re -frocked and posted to an out of the way temple.

Seen a monk last month with his laymen at Kingpower and the monk keep pointing to the Absolute Vodka bottle. The laymen took two bottles and walked alone to the cashier and paid for it. Saw another monk last year at the airport with a Samsung Note 2 to look a video show and in the other hand he had an iPhone 5s. Their destination was Udon Thani. Once the situation changes about all those monks I will boycott any temple.