what could Thailand improve for the Foreigners living/visiting Thailand ?

wowfactor10

many are saying, if i marry a thai girl and move to my country she can do this, buy that, own this and that,

well this isnt your country, this is thailand,

this is were, YOU chose to live, take it or leave it, we arent going to change it,

i really cany understand some people,

how and why did you come to live here if you dont like how you are being treated,?

if for some reason i wasnt happy here, or the way things were turning out, believe me you wouldnt see my ass for dust,

yet some stay here and just moan about everything,

thialand is thailand, its a beautiful place, you just have to role with it,

the more moaning you do the more unhappy you will make yourself, you must of known what is was like before you came to live here, i know i did, and i still chose to live here,

but then again i dont moan, not even at 5.30am when there are pigs to feed,,lol

So true. I've asked these same questions of the constant whiners/whingers. I don't get how their brain works. They're never going to change anything, yet they keep stressing themselves out unnecessarily. The only people they're hurting are themselves. They would save themselves a lot of grief if they just scurried on back to their homeland. But wait. They'll probably whine/whinge as much back home. It must suck to be these guys.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many are saying, if i marry a thai girl and move to my country she can do this, buy that, own this and that,

well this isnt your country, this is thailand,

this is were, YOU chose to live, take it or leave it, we arent going to change it,

how and why did you come to live here if you dont like how you are being treated,?

if for some reason i wasnt happy here, or the way things were turning out, believe me you wouldnt see my ass for dust,

thialand is thailand, its a beautiful place, you just have to role with it,

the more moaning you do the more unhappy you will make yourself, you must of known what is was like before you came to live here, i know i did, and i still chose to live here,

but then again i dont moan, not even at 5.30am when there are pigs to feed,,lol

So true. I've asked these same questions of the constant whiners/whingers. I don't get how their brain works. They're never going to change anything, yet they keep stressing themselves out unnecessarily. The only people they're hurting are themselves. They would save themselves a lot of grief if they just scurried on back to their homeland. But wait. They'll probably whine/whinge as much back home. It must suck to be these guys.

Perhaps you can stop whining non stop about people who are protesting against poorly treatments over here..

Seems u invented the verb to Whine..

I'd prefer to work here legally, than to work illegally and hope nobody reported me, and I didn't get arrested and deported.

Call it moaning if you like.

Why do you need to work? Thought your pension was the equivalent of 1% of Thailand's GDP

I was talking about the TV posters who profess love for Thailand, but work here illegally in prohibited jobs.

I'm 100% legal in Thailand, and wouldn't live here any other way.

Still, that's the 2nd time in this thread you've mentioned being able to work legally in Thailand.

I thought for a moment that you'd heaped a bit too much weight onto that pension of yours

What with educating teens, raising toddlers, shipping all and sundry off to the Costa del Sol etc, I'd hate for you to suffer the ignominy of being forced to supplement your income with work . . . especially at your age

Edited by Cypress Hill

Guys help me to figure something out with this website mentality...

My Original Post was : What could Thailand improve for the foreigners here?

It is a sincere post as i only like things to improve..So most of you came with excellent points example : landowning max one rai,and and not 49/51 but 100% owning of a business in Thailand ,easy one year hassle free visas.more police action against thai farang crimes,foreigners 100 year leases for land.

I would assume that the persons who think there is nothing that Thailand needs to improve for us bec its perfect then in that case you should not reply to my post...

However there are here some guys like : Cypress hill, Soi Biker, Berkshire etc etc (from the go home brigade) who keep attacking verbally anyone who dares to make suggestions for improvements . They will say if u dont like it here then go back ur own country,they will say stop whining and they say older farangs 55 plus should not make thai woman pregnant under the 40 years?? these seems absurd and racist statements.

Their contributions do not make any sense to the OP they constantly whining claiming that we whine and again if they think thailand is perfect then please do not reply in this post cause the post is not about Thailand is a perfect place for foreigners.

Maybe the Go home brigade should make a new post : thailand is a perfect and fair country for foreigners lets see how many posts it will get!!!!

I wont reply to it...

Current situation :More and more Foreigners are leaving Thailand ,Thailand is missing the boat and loosing foreigner investors,real estate market is dead,Laws need to change or face zero economical progress.

Thailand doesn't really give a toss if whingers leave. Tourists who arrive, stay 2-4 weeks, splurge money and then go home is what they're interested in attracting, not clowns who want to create a pocket of their homeland in Thailand.

Thailand's real estate market is dead, you say? Could you BE more out of touch? Do you actually live here?

If you do, well, just for your benefit, if you don't like it, go home.

I cant understand why some people whine on TV everyday and continue to live here. If its a 3rd world country, if you hate the lack of rules, you're free to leave.

But let me guess whats stopping you, 50$ soapies?

I cant understand why some people whine on TV everyday and continue to live here. If its a 3rd world country, if you hate the lack of rules, you're free to leave.

But let me guess whats stopping you, 50$ soapies?

Yawn...

Did u have anything to contribute or? just the go home anthem...

I do not hate the lack of rules i hate the difference in rules/laws between citizens in the same country create by Thai Governments..

Here the suggestions we have till now to restore foreigner confidence in Thailand..

landowning max one rai,and and not 49/51 but 100% owning of a business in Thailand ,easy one year hassle free visas.more police action against thai farang crimes,foreigners 100 year leases for land.

Does the go home brigade have anything to add?

Here the suggestions we have till now to restore foreigner confidence in Thailand..

landowning max one rai,and and not 49/51 but 100% owning of a business in Thailand ,easy one year hassle free visas.more police action against thai farang crimes,foreigners 100 year leases for land.

Does the go home brigade have anything to add?

Yes -- go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and look for this:

suggestion-box.gif

It is a sincere post as i only like things to improve..So most of you came with excellent points example : landowning max one rai,and and not 49/51 but 100% owning of a business in Thailand ,easy one year hassle free visas.more police action against thai farang crimes,foreigners 100 year leases for land.

I would assume that the persons who think there is nothing that Thailand needs to improve for us bec its perfect then in that case you should not reply to my post...

However there are here some guys like : Cypress hill, Soi Biker, Berkshire etc etc (from the go home brigade) who keep attacking verbally anyone who dares to make suggestions for improvements . They will say if u dont like it here then go back ur own country,they will say stop whining and they say older farangs 55 plus should not make thai woman pregnant under the 40 years?? these seems absurd and racist statements.

Their contributions do not make any sense to the OP they constantly whining claiming that we whine and again if they think thailand is perfect then please do not reply in this post cause the post is not about Thailand is a perfect place for foreigners.

Maybe the Go home brigade should make a new post : thailand is a perfect and fair country for foreigners lets see how many posts it will get!!!!

I wont reply to it...

Current situation :More and more Foreigners are leaving Thailand ,Thailand is missing the boat and loosing foreigner investors,real estate market is dead,Laws need to change or face zero economical progress.

ill ask you 1 question,, then i wont post again on YOUR thread,

WHY SHOULD THAILAND CHANGE TO SUIT YOU ?

you say you want to invest in the real estate market, that would push the prices up and then thais wouldnt be able to afford the real estate,

please answer my question, and please not with all the foreigners will leave, i dont think thailand would be to botherd if they did leave, just because they cant buy a house,,

I wont reply to it...

ill ask you 1 question,, then i wont post again on YOUR thread,

WHY SHOULD THAILAND CHANGE TO SUIT YOU ?

you say you want to invest in the real estate market, that would push the prices up and then thais wouldnt be able to afford the real estate,

please answer my question, and please not with all the foreigners will leave, i dont think thailand would be to botherd if they did leave, just because they cant buy a house,,

<deleted>

Thailand could decide to change some of their laws cause they are old fashioned and unfair towards foreigner citizens in Thailand.

Loads of foreigners left already and meanwhile the Thai real estate market is dead...

I would think Thailand should be keen of foreigners willing to spend their money and time in Thailand and there for foreigners should not be poorly treated..

<deleted>

Lets select such a law that needs to fix :

Why if i open a business here then i must pay 100% of the investment and own only 49% of my business.? How that make sense?

Now why should we think this is a normal and fair law?

its totally ridiculous and so foreign investors part elsewhere.

I wont reply to it...

The problem is the complainers are dishonest. Things are not nearly as bad as they claim. Thai-bashers and whiners/whingers tend to engage in mass exaggeration and hyperbole. For example, suggesting that foreigners in Thailand don't have basic human rights, which is patently absurd. Complainers tend to lie...or misrepresent the truth, which is the same thing. Your last sentence is a good example. Yes, some foreigners are leaving. But you fail to mention that many more are coming to replace them.

You want to discuss ideas? Sure, but most of the ideas presented here are either too broad, unrealistic, or just bad ideas. Take the foreign land ownership idea. It would be bad for the majority of locals and even for most farangs living in Thailand. I posted this on another thread discussing this very issue:

".....The basic law of supply and demand applies. If the supply stays the same and the demand goes up, then the price must go up. And from the comments here, it's clear that the demand will go up. Not just from the farang buyers, but the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Arabs, etc.

The irony here is if the Thai gov ever opened up land ownership to foreigners, most of the farangs living in Thailand would be priced out of the market as well. Nevermind the local Thais, but the retired farangs living on a fixed pension would be done. The strongest argument that many farangs have is that they simply want to own a home for their families. But farangs married to Thais can already purchase a home right now. These same farangs wouldn't be able to if the price of homes skyrocketed due to Asians buying up everything in sight. Be careful what you ask for."

But I'm sure you don't really want to discuss the issues. You just want what's best for you, nevermind what it would do to the country and its people. Well, I disagree.

I wont reply to it...

The problem is the complainers are dishonest. Things are not nearly as bad as they claim. Thai-bashers and whiners/whingers tend to engage in mass exaggeration and hyperbole. For example, suggesting that foreigners in Thailand don't have basic human rights, which is patently absurd. Complainers tend to lie...or misrepresent the truth, which is the same thing. Your last sentence is a good example. Yes, some foreigners are leaving. But you fail to mention that many more are coming to replace them.

You want to discuss ideas? Sure, but most of the ideas presented here are either too broad, unrealistic, or just bad ideas. Take the foreign land ownership idea. It would be bad for the majority of locals and even for most farangs living in Thailand. I posted this on another thread discussing this very issue:

".....The basic law of supply and demand applies. If the supply stays the same and the demand goes up, then the price must go up. And from the comments here, it's clear that the demand will go up. Not just from the farang buyers, but the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Arabs, etc.

The irony here is if the Thai gov ever opened up land ownership to foreigners, most of the farangs living in Thailand would be priced out of the market as well. Nevermind the local Thais, but the retired farangs living on a fixed pension would be done. The strongest argument that many farangs have is that they simply want to own a home for their families. But farangs married to Thais can already purchase a home right now. These same farangs wouldn't be able to if the price of homes skyrocketed due to Asians buying up everything in sight. Be careful what you ask for."

But I'm sure you don't really want to discuss the issues. You just want what's best for you, nevermind what it would do to the country and its people. Well, I disagree.

This your weak reply to my post again ? u never ever mentioned anything that should be improved so why u keep replying here?

How about this one :

Why if i open a business here then i must pay 100% of the investment and own only 49% of my business.? How that make sense?

I wont reply to it...

This your weak reply to my post again ? u never ever mentioned anything that should be improved so why u keep replying here?

How about this one :

it might not be fare it might not even be normal, but this is the law of the land, that you chose to come and live in,!

if they start changing everything that you want them to change, we might as well of stayed in our home country, high cost of housing, hight taxes, ect ect,

but youll be able to start you business and own it 100%, would that be a good trade off, i dont think so,

and you dont have to invest the whole 100% if you find a thai to invest 51%, so its not that you must put in 100%, its because you want to be in sole controle, this i understand a little, but most things in life are about trust, getting married,trust,,, starting a business with a partner, trust,,,

Treaty of Amity... whistling.gif

Geez, man, there are already laws in place to encourage FDI. Thailand wants MNC's to invest in Thailand and create good jobs. But we're not talking about a broken down farang who wants to open another beer bar. Thailand doesn't need that. But in fact, I know several farangs who owns businesses in Thailand and are thriving. What's your problem?

Geez, man, there are already laws in place to encourage FDI. Thailand wants MNC's to invest in Thailand and create good jobs. But we're not talking about a broken down farang who wants to open another beer bar. Thailand doesn't need that. But in fact, I know several farangs who owns businesses in Thailand and are thriving. What's your problem?

berkshire,,

your missing the point,,

he wants it his way,,,,or he will leave and never come back,

i had a mate like that who took his ball home when i wanted to be bobby charlton,,lol

You don't have to go home if you don't like it here - but they're not going to change the law just to please a few farangs, so you may as well just learn to live with things as they are.

This seems to me a fairly balanced answer to that endless debate.

In fact, the older we get, the more difficult to adapt, but, given that no place on this planet is perfect, we should use some wisdom in choosing the lesser evil place to live.

Also, the old advice not to burn bridges, and not to invest more than you are prepared to leave, seems to me quite spot on.

You don't have to go home if you don't like it here - but they're not going to change the law just to please a few farangs, so you may as well just learn to live with things as they are.

In fact, the older we get, the more difficult to adapt, but, given that no place on this planet is perfect, we should use some wisdom in choosing the lesser evil place to live.

Also, the old advice not to burn bridges, and not to invest more than you are prepared to leave, seems to me quite spot on.

I find the older I get, the easier it is to adapt.

I find the older I get, the easier it is to adapt.

i find the older I get, the less I could care about adapting.

Edited by JLCrab

To be honest I think there is room for improvement for just about everything in Thailand. Some things are hopeless so I don't even bother listing.

Of course some things could be improved but this joker's claiming that we should all be as miserable and unhappy as he is.

Sure it'd be nice if people didn't have to do 90 day reports but then again, ONE DAY in 3 months?? Is that such a hardship? Hell, you can even do those online now!

Sure it'd be nice to buy a house and the land under it to leave to a wife or family but you can do that RIGHT NOW. Buy it in your wife's name, make sure your tenure is guaranteed until you die. Look at it as giving her the divorce settlement up front.

You only have to look at his ridiculous claims - the Thai real estate market is dead, farangs are leaving in droves, the country's economy is stagnant.

Who knows, maybe the guy didn't have what it took to stand out and achieve in his homeland where competition from his countrymen might have been too strong.

Maybe he just can't make a go of life on a LEVEL playing field so he wants Thailand to give him an advantage over its own people.

This alone should show what kind of person he is.

The point is that indeed Thailand is treating its foreign citizens somewhat poorly (good that we agree on this) and perhaps someday something will get improved who knows right.?

Their poorly treatment is also the main reason why many foreigners looking elsewhere example towards Spain,Malaysia,Vietnam, Philipines.

Foreign investors will no longer invest under these old fashioned shady laws regulations..

While LOS may treat foreign INVESTORS badly most of don't give a rat's bottom, as we came for more enjoyable things that trying to make money in a country with dodgy rules. They don't treat us badly, in fact the 'locals' treat us rather nicely, thank you..

I came here for the cheap sex with much younger women, now I've had all I can handle, will be off somewhere else ASAP.

Hopefully with the much younger woman in tow.

Can't see Thailand getting any better for foreigners, or Thais for that matter.

Can see plenty of circumstances where it will suddenly become much, much worse.

This doesn't look promising,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/827397-thai-year-old-coup-imposes-superficial-calm-but-little-else/

or this,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/827132-happiness-eludes-divided-thailand-as-farmers-struggle/

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I wont reply to it...

Foreign investors go home- so why did they come here in the first place? Probably because they thought it would be easy to make money here in a third world country 555555555 Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Real estate market is dead- excellent. Prices will come down.

face zero economical progress- western desire for "progress" is the cause of most of the evils that aflict society. I scorn your "progress". There is a better way than a few people getting rich at the expense of the majority and the exploitation of the poor.

Still wonder about all these the negative comments from the : Go back to your own country brigade.

If you do not have to add anything that u like to see improved for us here then please do not come here and debate with us as it is a waist of every ones their time..

Who do you think you are for telling us that we cant make the so needed suggestions for improvements in this post?

Here the list we have so far :Land Owning max one rai pro foreigner,No longer 49%/51% rule but 100% owning for businesses ,Easy one year hassle free visa,Police more active on Thai/farangs crimes,100 year land leases for foreigners.Reform and simplify the work permit procedures.Offer health insurance plan for Foreigners.

looking forward to more improvements only..