Ex-Thai PM Thaksin stresses rule of law as sister appears in court

webfact

strange that the regular red brigade and thaksin apologists are evading this post, could it be that even they know that what he stated was a load of sh*t. Seems they are not game to comment when he mentions rule of law being important because they know the truth even if they refuse to to state it.

In Thailand there are two Rules of Law: one for the Pluralists and one for the Aristocrats.

When the two conflict, you are left with the Military Rule of Law.

Someday Thailand will have only one Rule of Law by which all Thais must abide. But not today, tomorrow, or this year.

Unfortunately for him and her, there really is no rule of law in Thailand. The junta coup leader suspended the constitution. So any legal framework under any sort of civilian control does not exist. I point out that for ex PM Thaksin and his sister, neither had a proper court trial or process. Each was accused by and processed by a military regime.

Having proven he is 2 faced, it raises the question "Why is he wearing that one?" (with apologies to Abe Lincoln).

I once knew a NSW politician named J R Face, who went by his middle name Richard, inevitably abbreviated to all who knew and despised him as "Dick". Why would you do it?

I met Richard, member for Newcastle, ex-copper, bloody big bugger. I never did find out why he used the name Richard, but I presume it was for intimidation tactics. Kinda like Thaksin spelling his name Tax-sin after the Shin Corp sale.

Unfortunately for him and her, there really is no rule of law in Thailand. The junta coup leader suspended the constitution. So any legal framework under any sort of civilian control does not exist. I point out that for ex PM Thaksin and his sister, neither had a proper court trial or process. Each was accused by and processed by a military regime.

So Thaksin didn't sign the authorization for his then wife to purchase government land, contravening the law. And Yingluck didn't abuse her power by moving a senior person, so someone else could have it to make way for a relation / ally / lackey.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The truth according to the Shin apologists - just make it up. Next you'll be saying both were toppled by military coups just like the W-anchors at AFP.

strange that the regular red brigade and thaksin apologists are evading this post, could it be that even they know that what he stated was a load of sh*t. Seems they are not game to comment when he mentions rule of law being important because they know the truth even if they refuse to to state it.

Hard work defending the actions of a low-life like Thaksin, easier to find a topic more suited to posting their red bs and propaganda.

Having proven he is 2 faced, it raises the question "Why is he wearing that one?" (with apologies to Abe Lincoln).

I once knew a NSW politician named J R Face, who went by his middle name Richard, inevitably abbreviated to all who knew and despised him as "Dick". Why would you do it?

I met Richard, member for Newcastle, ex-copper, bloody big bugger. I never did find out why he used the name Richard, but I presume it was for intimidation tactics. Kinda like Thaksin spelling his name Tax-sin after the Shin Corp sale.

Labor member for Charlestown, lived in the same street as me. An A-grade a-hole both as a copper and an MP, sent to prison for crimes committed as Minister for Gaming and Racing (imsmc). Intimidation was certainly his style, not sure how that works with his name though.

What does this person know about rules of law?

He ruled like a dictator and stole from the people

Now he is just a pathetic convicted criminal on the run from a 2 year prison sentence

If he wants to obey the rule of law perhaps he should return to Thailand and serve his time

Other than that he should shut his yap

Yes, he does.

No, he didn't.

No, he isn't.

No, he doesn't.

No, he shouldn't.

signed,

A visitor (just like you)

PS: hope your head doesn't explode. smile.png

This was a knowledge test for farangs, especially those who offer their knowledge to the plebs, so please read carefully before answering. Now, lets mark your paper and score your answers.

1. Answer: Yes he does. Score: 0 Unfortunately, your answer is meaningless and no relevance can be drawn from it.

2. Answer. No he didn't. Score: 0. You must not guess. Please undertake more research.

3. Answer: No, he isn't. Score: 0. Refer to comment in relation to Q2.

4. Answer. No, he doesn't. Score: 0. Visitors, (like yourself) should not condone illegal acts.

5. Answer. No, he shouldn't. Score: 0. Sorry, a trick question. He must, so not to spread foot in mouth. Medical knowledge required

Dear visitor, we appreciate your taking this test but sorry you did not pass on this occasion. Now, as we do not want any part of you to explode, we will give you another chance before the next post to educate yourself, therefore enabling you to provide accurate responses and pass the intelligence test when it is again presented.

The Marker whistling.gif

Edited by Si Thea01

It's a good thing there's a 'no fail' policy here. You make a lousy test.

That's why you are getting a second chance. Don't want to be accused of double standards do we. Or as some would suggest, one way for Thai, another way for the farang. A lousy test, gee you know how to hurt don't you? rolleyes.gif

'Analysts say the charges are part of an elite-sponsored bid to smash her family's electoral dominance.' So, she wasn't 'in charge' of a government that, among other questionable policies, spent some B600bn on buying up huge surpluses of rice at way over market price, then had it sit in warehouses, much of it to be shat on by pigeons, gnawed by rodents, and/or allowed to go rotten?

Far too many foreign reporters choose to ignore the fact that many 'non-elite' Thais also view the Shinawatras as spendthrift and corrupt.

Taksin wasn't particularly democratic when he was in power; more like a dictator running a one man show. Thus I must call him a hypocrite. Oh well what do you expect from politicians? Truth and honesty?

Taksin wasn't particularly democratic when he was in power; more like a dictator running a one man show. Thus I must call him a hypocrite. Oh well what do you expect from politicians? Truth and honesty?

truth and Honesty ? heaven forbid, the end of the world's coming !

Me thinks the man at the AFP is a Taksin/PT fan. Never mentions the muzzeling of the press in Taksins time or the self appointed caretaker PM refusing to give up the reins of power. Some truths are conveniently forgotten.

So Thaksin didn't sign the authorization for his then wife to purchase government land, contravening the law. And Yingluck didn't abuse her power by moving a senior person, so someone else could have it to make way for a relation / ally / lackey.

The truth according to the Shin apologists - just make it up. Next you'll be saying both were toppled by military coups just like the W-anchors at AFP.

Nothing but allegations. Nothing has been proven in any proper civilian court of law. Oh and let's not forget. The current dictator took over the country and assumed power! What gives him any legal standing on anything?

Nothing but allegations. Nothing has been proven in any proper civilian court of law. Oh and let's not forget. The current dictator took over the country and assumed power! What gives him any legal standing on anything?

Thaksin was charged, tried and found guilty under the civilian government of the PPP under the leadership of his brother Somchai who legally replaced Samak Sunderavej but who was NOT legally elected.

If he WAS legally elected that would mean that Abhisit and the Democrats were also legally accepted.

Yingluck was NOT removed by the military but dissolved parliament on the advice of her brother Thaksin. She was removed from the position of caretaker PM by the courts but that of course was before the military takeover.

If you don't or can't accept that the PM has no legal standing you may care to note that he was confirmed as the PM by the highest person in the land who I suspect knows a bit more than you about Thailand and the law.

You may also care to note that for persons like you or I or any other foreigner staying in Thailand that whatever we do or say Thais will ignore and do what they want in their own country as is their right to do so.

Now if the majority of the Thai people accept that the PM has legal standing in Thailand there is nothing you can do about it except rant and rave on the forum.

Not strange in my eyes. People are fed up talking about politics, all are corrupt, end of. The pontificators will continue however, and no one will listen, very sad isnt it.

This thread should be closed. The whole law and order thing was from a long time ago, yesterday. As of today Thaksin has confirmed that illegal activities from his fans will bring him back, not the rule of law as this article suggests.