Thaksin says Prayut government's performance unimpressive yet

webfact

Thaksin says Prayut government's performance unimpressive yet

19-5-2558-13-26-44-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said the first year performance of the military-installed government was not impressive yet and called on it to work harder.

He was speaking to Reuters in Seoul where he was invited to speak at a conference Tuesday.

Speaking to Reuters on the sidelines of the conference, the ousted premier said, “It’s not so impressive yet,” referring to the first year of the military government.

“They have to work harder. They have to understand the world, and the mentality of the people who have been in democracy for many years,” he told the news media.

Thaksin also said he thought “democracy will prevail sooner or later, but we have to be patient, and we have to be peaceful.”

He also said he has neither plans for his son, Oak, to take over the Pheu Thai Party, nor plans to mobilise his Red Shirt supporters.

Instead he called on the Thai people not to resort to violence.

“Don’t resort to any kind of violence,” he said..”

Thaksin, who lives abroad to avoid a jail sentence handed down for graft in 2008, has rarely spoken about Thai politics since the military toppled the remnants of the government of his sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, a year ago.

Last week Prime Minister Prayut Chsan-o-cha said he was not worried about Thaksin’s public appearance or whatever comments he might make.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thaksin-says-prayut-governments-performance-unimpressive-yet

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-19

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, mr. paymaster, what progress did you, somchai, yingluck, chalerm etc., and trt, pt, udd et all make on the numerous fronts the general is now trying to work through?

Also mr. paymaster are you conveniently not recognizing that on many of these items it will take many years to make progress to eventually get a better picture and then years to lock the changes into place?

And mr. paymaster are you conveniently not recognizing that there will be major delays and slowdowns caused by those who will fight change and renewal on every front possible and for as long as possible.

"He also said he has neither plans for his son, Oak, to take over the Pheu Thai Party, nor plans to mobilise his Red Shirt supporters. Instead he called on the Thai people not to resort to violence."

All said with a straight face, and whilst continuing to fund and encourage the PTP/UDD violence.

I've gotten to the point with this liar, that I automatically take the opposite meaning from anything he says.

At least ThaiPBS got this bit correct "who lives abroad to avoid a jail sentence handed down for graft" ... AFP etc keep saying he's essentially a political fugitive, rather than a convicted felon on the run, escaping an actual jail sentence which he didn't appeal.

as long as he out of thai politics who cares. We all know he is a criminal on the run and too scared to come home as he he knows he will spend many years in jail for all the other crimes he is guilty of. His main aim in life is to set up his own patsy govt so he can be pardoned, unfortunately for him it didnt work last time his sister tried and now she is paying the price. The best we can all hope for is that he simply disappears or dies but the truth will come out in the end of exactly what he has done to this country

as long as he out of thai politics who cares. We all know he is a criminal on the run and too scared to come home as he he knows he will spend many years in jail for all the other crimes he is guilty of. His main aim in life is to set up his own patsy govt so he can be pardoned, unfortunately for him it didnt work last time his sister tried and now she is paying the price. The best we can all hope for is that he simply disappears or dies but the truth will come out in the end of exactly what he has done to this country

I am sure the ISIS have a special love for him...

"He also said he has neither plans for his son, Oak, to take over the Pheu Thai Party, nor plans to mobilise his Red Shirt supporters. Instead he called on the Thai people not to resort to violence."

All said with a straight face, and whilst continuing to fund and encourage the PTP/UDD violence.

I've gotten to the point with this liar, that I automatically take the opposite meaning from anything he says.

At least ThaiPBS got this bit correct "who lives abroad to avoid a jail sentence handed down for graft" ... AFP etc keep saying he's essentially a political fugitive, rather than a convicted felon on the run, escaping an actual jail sentence which he didn't appeal.

I had started to reach that same conclusion toward the end of his first term. I became convinced at the start of his second.

Along with, if he takes credit for something, he probably had nothing to do with it and if he denies any involvement or knowledge, he is probably in it up to his neck.

Transformer 4 / The movie goes on: Every fact coming to Thaksin is transformed into a lie. Paranoid symptom of Personal Disorder.

I had started to reach that same conclusion toward the end of his first term. I became convinced at the start of his second.

Along with, if he takes credit for something, he probably had nothing to do with it and if he denies any involvement or knowledge, he is probably in it up to his neck.

Had a CEO once with a similar personality. During flag waving, he would clamor to hold the flag. When shit hits the fan, he would be the one furthest away.

The point is this, we've still got to see Thaksin and Abhisit competing in a general election. And once Thaksin is back in power, then, only then, will America and Europe accept that Thailand is a democracy. Who knows, maybe Abhisit can win an election, fine.

Yes, I know that a stack of people on ThaiVisa don't like Thaksin, yes, and it doesn't matter if some Thais want him back in charge. But, the longer Thailand is regarded as being not a democracy, the longer it is that the West will continue to drift away from Thailand. And more time for China to convert Thailand into a Chinese colony.

The ruling Thai elite, the vast bulk of them Chinese-Thais, these are Thailand's richest two or three per cent, they hate Thaksin.
But this ruling elite are also a bit concerned about Thailand drifting away from the West. These people are far more likely to send their children to universities in the West rather than to China. They're also more likely to buy real estate in places like London and America, rather than China. And here's the point. It's not in their interest for Thailand to drift away from the West, they want the West to recognise Thailand as a democracy.

As said earlier, everybody (the Chinese-Thai elite and the West) will only accept Thailand as a deomocracy once Thaksin and Abhisit are in a general election. That's why, Thaksin, love him or hate him, he's still got a role to play regarding Thailand's future. That's why the media still mentions him.

The point is this, we've still got to see Thaksin and Abhisit competing in a general election. And once Thaksin is back in power, then, only then, will America and Europe accept that Thailand is a democracy. Who knows, maybe Abhisit can win an election, fine.

Yes, I know that a stack of people on ThaiVisa don't like Thaksin, yes, and it doesn't matter if some Thais want him back in charge. But, the longer Thailand is regarded as being not a democracy, the longer it is that the West will continue to drift away from Thailand. And more time for China to convert Thailand into a Chinese colony.

The ruling Thai elite, the vast bulk of them Chinese-Thais, these are Thailand's richest two or three per cent, they hate Thaksin.

But this ruling elite are also a bit concerned about Thailand drifting away from the West. These people are far more likely to send their children to universities in the West rather than to China. They're also more likely to buy real estate in places like London and America, rather than China. And here's the point. It's not in their interest for Thailand to drift away from the West, they want the West to recognise Thailand as a democracy.

As said earlier, everybody (the Chinese-Thai elite and the West) will only accept Thailand as a deomocracy once Thaksin and Abhisit are in a general election. That's why, Thaksin, love him or hate him, he's still got a role to play regarding Thailand's future. That's why the media still mentions him.

No point asking a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy to get up and join a walking marathon.

he's still got a role to play regarding Thailand's future.

Sigh!!!

I don't believe that Thaksin + democracy are in any way linked. You make it sound like Thailand can't have "democracy" if Thaksin (or at least another one of his "proxy" Governments) isn't given the chance to run in an election again.

If you're talking about the USA/Europe wanting "democracy" back in Thailand, again I don't agree ... they'll deal with whoever is in charge/control, democratic or not, they just like the "sheeple" to believe it's about "democracy" when in fact it's all about money and power, and control/influence over certain areas of the world.

Thaksin does indeed have a role in Thailand's future ... and when he comes back, serves his time for the charges he's already convicted of, goes back to Court and deals with the numerous other charges against him that are on hold (which will also add untold extra jail time), then, and only then, does he deserve a voice or a role to play in Thailand's future.

Until then, he's a lying, cheating, corrupt, self-serving convicted felon on the run (with a Diplomatic passport) who's still trying to get his pardon so that he doesn't have to face any consequences for his actions, or the actions of others at his behest. And that pardon will come some time in the not too distant future I am guessing when some other "big" events happen here in Thailand.

You miss the tiny point that Thaksin can't compete in a general election. Convicted criminals aren't allowed to stand - whether serving their punishment or fugitives on the run.

Then there is the matter of the 15 more serious crimes awaiting his appearance in court, which he's desperate to avoid.

So he's tried, tries to bribe the court with his lawyer being caught, convicted and then legs it before sentencing. No attempt to appeal and fight. Does that tell you something? 15 serious charges - which he's letting the statute of limitations tick away rather than fighting them in court. Does that tell you anything?

Are you a fan of then blanket Amnesty, wipe the slate clean, forget the past, zero the clock theory?

trogers, skywalker69 and Tatsujin, do you guys really think I'm talking a load of rubbish ??

Okay, do you accept that the West, right now, is drifting away from Thailand, and this is because the West reckons that Thailand is not a democracy ? Surely, with the posts from ThaiVisa here, (some of those posts from the Nation newspaper), we accept that the West is drifting away from Thailand ? Pro-Thaksinites and anti-Thaksinites accept it. It's just that the anti-Thaksinites feel that the West does not understand Thailand, they feel that the West is unable to see that Thaksin is a problem.

Do we agree that the West won't accept Thailand is a democracy unless Thaksin and Abhisit are competing against each other in a general election ? Yes or no ? Do you guys reckon that Thailand can get back in with the West without a general election and return to democracy ?

I wrote a bit of extra stuff about how Thailand's mega-rich are more likely to have their children educated in the West rather China. And I said that they're also more likely to have real estate in London and America rather than China. This is why the ruling elite don't actually want to see the West drifting away from Thailand. It's your choice to agree or disagree.

Do we agree that Thailand is falling into the arms of China ? I'm not against all the Chinese investments and massive infra-structure projects in Thailand. I just feel it's best for Thailand if Thailand was back in with the West, and that will mean that Thailand can play the West against China (as in pick up gifts from both sides, have them two competing against each other for influence in Thailand).

You miss the tiny point that Thaksin can't compete in a general election. Convicted criminals aren't allowed to stand - whether serving their punishment or fugitives on the run.

Then there is the matter of the 15 more serious crimes awaiting his appearance in court, which he's desperate to avoid.

So he's tried, tries to bribe the court with his lawyer being caught, convicted and then legs it before sentencing. No attempt to appeal and fight. Does that tell you something? 15 serious charges - which he's letting the statute of limitations tick away rather than fighting them in court. Does that tell you anything?

Are you a fan of then blanket Amnesty, wipe the slate clean, forget the past, zero the clock theory?

Baerboxer, you have written your stuff. Okay, the pro-Thaksinites will feel that the charges against Thaksin were basically politically motivated. Now, it doesn't matter if people like us are anti or pro-Thaksin. It doesn't matter if five Thais or five million Thais want to wear red t-shirts.

The important or significant thing is, is what is the West trying to say ? The West obviously feels that there should be a general election with Thaksin and Abhisit competing against each other. And the West reckoning this, well, that's what's significant. Or do you reckon that the West drifting away from Thailand is not important ?

trogers, skywalker69 and Tatsujin, do you guys really think I'm talking a load of rubbish ??

Yes.

Okay, do you accept that the West, right now, is drifting away from Thailand, and this is because the West reckons that Thailand is not a democracy ? Surely, with the posts from ThaiVisa here, (some of those posts from the Nation newspaper), we accept that the West is drifting away from Thailand ? Pro-Thaksinites and anti-Thaksinites accept it. It's just that the anti-Thaksinites feel that the West does not understand Thailand, they feel that the West is unable to see that Thaksin is a problem.

No, "Thailand" is pushing the "West" away (effectively), not the other way around, and they are replacing it (for all intents and purposes) with China (as Russia has self imploded). I don't see this as anything at all to do with Thaksin, anti or pro. To clarify, no one in the "west" understands Thailand, not even the Thai's.

Do we agree that the West won't accept Thailand is a democracy unless Thaksin and Abhisit are competing against each other in a general election ? Yes or no ? Do you guys reckon that Thailand can get back in with the West without a general election and return to democracy ?

No, I don't agree with that. Thaksin can't run for a start as Baerboxer mentioned, only a proxy for him (unless or until he gets pardoned by "someone" and whitewashed of all crimes retroactively - which is a distinct possibility if things go the way I think they will). There will be "general elections" at some point, and Thailand will get back in with the "west" when they are good and ready to do so. But it won't happen until the "west" stops telling Thailand what to do.

I wrote a bit of extra stuff about how Thailand's mega-rich are more likely to have their children educated in the West rather China. And I said that they're also more likely to have real estate in London and America rather than China. This is why the ruling elite don't actually want to see the West drifting away from Thailand. It's your choice to agree or disagree.

Sure, the mega-rich here on both/all sides will continue to buy up large parts of real estate all over the world, but that has nothing to do with and is not related in any way, shape or form to how close Thailand and the "west" are diplomatically or whether there are "elections" or "democracy".

Do we agree that Thailand is falling into the arms of China ? I'm not against all the Chinese investments and massive infra-structure projects in Thailand. I just feel it's best for Thailand if Thailand was back in with the West, and that will mean that Thailand can play the West against China (as in pick up gifts from both sides, have them two competing against each other for influence in Thailand).

No, I don't agree. Thailand is not "falling" into the arms of China at all, they are jumping into them willingly with both feet and brain removed, but with both sides making a shit load of money, aboveboard and under the table. And don't worry, no matter who is in charge here, they'll continue to play China/Russia/the "west" off against each other as they have been doing for generations.

I hope that clarifies things.

BTW, out of curiosity, tonbridgebrit ... how long have you lived here?

So, mr. paymaster, what progress did you, somchai, yingluck, chalerm etc., and trt, pt, udd et all make on the numerous fronts the general is now trying to work through?

Also mr. paymaster are you conveniently not recognizing that on many of these items it will take many years to make progress to eventually get a better picture and then years to lock the changes into place?

And mr. paymaster are you conveniently not recognizing that there will be major delays and slowdowns caused by those who will fight change and renewal on every front possible and for as long as possible.

Hmmm, maybe .... but before you point this out, come with some proof that this populist junta did make some progress , I doubt it, economy down, export down, tourism down, show me what and where it goes better now than under the former government ...

It is an honour to be a "criminal on the run" under fascism.

It might be an honor to be a political criminal on the run under fascism, communism or any other political system that persecutes opponents.

But, there is no honor in being common criminal on the run. Just a coward.

Hmmm, maybe .... but before you point this out, come with some proof that this populist junta did make some progress , I doubt it, economy down, export down, tourism down, show me what and where it goes better now than under the former government ...

Didn't you notice? More money isn't following B700+ billion down the rice-hole, government ministers aren't selling rice to themselves at bargain basement prices disguised as exports, rights to political expression are curtailed including the right to murder anti-government protesters and bystanders, formerly untouchable criminals are being prosecuted and huge chunks of national parks reclaimed, politicians are being forced to explain their actions.

Is that progress or regress?

Their are hundreds or may even be thousands of people that get transferred for corruption and he is the only one that was sentenced by a Junta linked court to prison of which the state did not lost one cent. Just yesterday at the Tourism & Sport Ministry about 3 billion Baht was cheated and no one has been put in jail beside that CIB big shot a few months which we can't really discuss due to LM.

The economy is down, the yellows with Suthep destroyed tourism last year and the tourism that we see today comes from Chinese visitors which is good of course.

What happened to the land taxes. The 10 biggest Thai Chinese tycoons own over 1 million Rai so I called that political corruption for not moving forward with the land taxes. 1 million Rai x 5000 Baht for commercial land is 5.000.0000.000 Baht in the cover for the government and another 7 million Rai for farmland x 500 Baht is 3.5 billion Baht to the coffers.

When is Prayuth hunting the army on encroaching forestry land?

It is an honour to be a "criminal on the run" under fascism.

It might be an honor to be a political criminal on the run under fascism, communism or any other political system that persecutes opponents.

But, there is no honor in being common criminal on the run. Just a coward.

There is nothing "common" about Taksin. He is the only genuine politician in the history of Thailand. Not a criminal, not a coward, just the future of Thailand, that's all.

People who make statements like this are not really realistic with their views. Economy and export is down pretty much all over the world and across most manufacturing sectors. Tourism is NOT down, its recovering and increasing if you care to read the news. Agriculture sector such as Rice has been damaged by the PTP's Rice Scheme. Shrimp farming sector is down because of disease that struck the shrimps and cut output by 50%. Rubber prices are down due to decrease demand from China.

Electronic sectors such as hard drive is down because people are steering away from traditional hard drives. Car production is down because the First Car Scheme is over.

The list goes on if you know what I mean...

Whats better now? Law enforcement across the board. That's probably the best positive change that will ripple on and will have a long term effect. Due to all these political wrangling, I think politicians are watching their backs more, thinking before they act too.