Great service- and free!

beau thai

My car has had a slow puncture in the front offside for about a week, Half deflates every 2 days.

Today I was passing B-Quik at Tesco Lotus, Meechok.

Called in. Big place , 8 bays and cleaner than many hospitals I have seen.

Friendly young staff got on with it right away. Soon located a small airleak in the middle of the tread. They suggested using a small plug and vulcanising it. 'Come back in 20 minutes or wait in our lounge'.

Did a little shopping. Went back in 20 minutes All done. Went inside to pay. No charge! Unbelievable.. They said they would have charged 250 if it had been bigger job. The fitter refused the proffered tip. I left it anyway of course.

Best tyre fitting place I have been in, in any country. Brilliant

I put a big explanation on the wrong post.. .A plug is not a good repair for tires....causes tire failures

I took three paragraphs to completely explain but TV wouldn't process the post.....

A good repair requires the tire removed and a vulcanized patch put inside the tire....

Exactly the same thing thing happened to me on the way to the airport stopped at the michelin tyre place op Sansai market.All free

B quick at Meechok are fantastic usually go there for service etc.

Edited by sappersrest

Old style quick fix plugs can be ok if the puncture is well within tread area. Vulcanized mushroom plugs are preferred, mandatory in many western countries, and cost very little. Good tyre shops often perform such services free of charge as a goodwill gesture ....

Suggest you keep the 'repaired' tyre as your 'new' spare and make sure you balance the tread/age/wear etc. of the other tyres for max safety.

..And check the pressure for optimum fuel consumption.

And I forgot to add, quite unasked,. they lifted the bonnet/hood and topped up the washer bottle.

I am surprised that others have experienced free service like this elsewhere- unheard of in many many years of european motoring.

Seems to me to be a very very well managed business with a good, motivated team and a great customer service ethic. Hope it catches on elsewhere....