Best Sim for internet

randall

There are kiosks for TRUE, AIS & DTAC in the arrivals hall at Suvarnabhumi Airport after you exit customs...very hard to miss them. All three offer attractive one month tourist packages in the B299 range.

AIS generally has the best voice coverage but TRUE has the only extensive 4G network (but not everywhere, especially in rural areas). 3g coverage about the same between the two though AIS's "3g-H" is pretty fast and reliable.. DTAC basically comes in third in most categories.

I'd say if you have a 4G phone, go with TRUE, 3G only; AIS.

Edited by dddave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

3G = AIS

4G = TRUEMOVE-H

DTAC also have 4G in all major cities and towns now – not just in BKK.

I have both AIS and DTAC (AIS on iPad and DTAC on iPhone) and found DTAC to almost always have far better data speeds when compared at the same location at the same time. At times, I have scarcely had enough bandwidth to even do email at Suvarnabhumi with AIS, but DTAC was fast.

One caveat: AIS do have better coverage in more remote areas than do DTAC. That said, DTAC have fine coverage in most populated areas.

On some occasions/locations even in central bkk ais 3g is faster true 4g...

I've been running speed tests at random locations I go to normally and in malls etc ais had better download speeds but the 4g almost always wins the upload test, not that I need to upload much anyway when I'm outside

I got a flyer for ais fiber to the home and tried to order it as soon as I moved in but they told me the lines are not available in my area yet??? :(

I wanted 20MB but they said the line can only support 13MB..... Take it or leave it, there's nothing else available in my area I think