Rohingya are illegal migrants, not refugees: Thai Army Chief

webfact

Guess someone forgot the Rakhine State when they divided British India into different countries. I've been to these countries, Bangladesh was called East Pakistan in 1969. And I know the consequences of ethnic and religious cleansing.

No easy way to send them to Bangladesh without giving them land.

The population of Myanmar would automatically decrease when they're gone. Minimum requirement is of course that they are recognized as human beings.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boat people grateful for sanctuary, Gambia accepts boat people.

Gambia has accepted the Rohingya migrants and will take them in. This small poverished nation has accepted the boat people as part of their duty being muslim. The plight of the boat people escalated when many turned up in Malaysia and Indonesia.

They paid smugglers because they were looking to go meet their muslim brothers in Malaysia but they got a shock when Malaysia originally stopped them entering.

They paid smugglers ... if they did not pay the traffickers there would be no trafficking. They have made their own destiny. They did not integrate with Myanmar so they had to leave after rape, burning others houses and killing Buddhists.

They made their bed .... you know the rest ..

We will give them another chance at life, food, water, medicine & help ...... see if they can stuff it up again !

By your measures of "they did bad things once", the Germans, the Spanish, the US, the Russians...should all loose their rights to basically anything!

In the end, all of them started 2 World Wars and killed millions of Jews, Homosexuals, political opponents, African slaves, Native Americans, Indios etc.

I don't know, where you are from, but I am sure, there are a few skeletons in that closet!

But we get it: Muslims! Bad by default!

Right?!

I don't care for history ... nobody cares about history ... this is now. I or anyone else don't care about Spanish, Russian or whoever, this time is now .

we need to help these poor boat people. International community must provide food, water, medicine and take care of any sick people. Also provide fuel and send them back to their own kind. We must make them strong enough to reach their loved ones back home.

Lets get them back to BANGLADESH where they were born.

Surely you can't disagree with that ... whats wrong with helping them and getting them well enough to return to their loved ones.

Oh , you want them all to choose what lovely beach they want and nice condo somewhere at taxpayers expense who are living of $2 a day.

You are unreal buddy !! how about you take a few into your nice home ? I'm sure that would be good.

Steven, I think guys like you and Dragonfly are just winding everyone up and having a laugh.

Try this:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/16/opinion/nicholas-kristof-myanmar-documentary.html?_r=0

Edited by Linzz

Looks like Gambia is it. I'm sure all the bleating hearts club will be happy with this news.

Give them food, water and get them well enough to travel to Gambia or Bangladesh. thumbsup.gif

good news all around ... !!!

No.

The good news will be when the Rohingya are no longer persecuted in their own country, that being Burma.

The good news will be when refugees fleeing persecution are accepted into countries regardless of their religion or ethnicity.

The good news will be when the religiously intolerant stop using terms like "their own kind" or 'send them back"

Then and only then will there be good news.

Linzz, looks like Gambia has saved the day. Good news. You'd have to be happy with that ? thumbsup.gif

I am happy that some country has found the decency to yes. It's usually the poor who are the most generous.

Looks like Gambia is it. I'm sure all the bleating hearts club will be happy with this news.

Give them food, water and get them well enough to travel to Gambia or Bangladesh. thumbsup.gif

No.

The good news will be when the Rohingya are no longer persecuted in their own country, that being Burma.

The good news will be when refugees fleeing persecution are accepted into countries regardless of their religion or ethnicity.

The good news will be when the religiously intolerant stop using terms like "their own kind" or 'send them back"

You doo gooders are never satisfied. What is wrong with you people ???

There you have it !! a country has offered to take them all in ... food , housing , medical and everything .. and you say it's not good enough !!!!!

well sorry buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's as good as it gets ..

I don't believe you guys .... unbelievable !!

No.

Thanks Bluespunk, a good post. You are a beacon in a sea of ignorance and bile. I am glad that they have found some respite but yes it's only a temporary solution. There are still 1000's stranded in Burma and the tragedy will go on

Edited by Linzz

Linzz, looks like Gambia has saved the day. Good news. You'd have to be happy with that ? thumbsup.gif

I am happy that some country has found the decency to yes. It's usually the poor who are the most generous.

don't worry Linzz, there's more to this than meets the eye ! Gambia will get a big fat cheque out of it .... why do you think they're so interested ?? whistling.gif

don't worry Linzz, there's more to this than meets the eye ! Gambia will get a big fat cheque out of it .... why do you think they're so interested ?? whistling.gif

Yes I do worry about that dictator in Gambia, but it's better than nothing and better than most countries are prepared to do.

No.

There you have it !! a country has offered to take them all in ... food , housing , medical and everything .. and you say it's not good enough !!!!!

What's wrong for me?

The fact that religiously prejudicial, bigoted, intolerant views like yours exist for a start.

I'm sorry, i'll be more tolerant in future ... so long as the Rohingyas go to Gambia.

I'm a humanitarian ...

but you can see from the forum that 90% are similar so it seems your views are intolerable .... tongue.png

Nobody likes the dogoogers. You should know that by now.

Edited by steven100

No.

What's wrong for me?

The fact that religiously prejudicial, bigoted, intolerant views like yours exist for a start.

I'm sorry, i'll be more tolerant in future ... so long as the Rohingyas go to Gambia.

I'm a humanitarian ...

but you can see from the forum that 90% are similar so it seems your view are intolerable .... tongue.png

No body likes the dogoogers. You should know that by now.

If those holding the views you do liked me then I would have to change who I am.

After wondering about how I became such an insensitive, intolerant person that is.

Edited by Bluespunk

Lets get them to Gambia so everyone can get their lives back.

This is a good outcome, all sides should be happy with this solution. Anyone who isn't doesn't deserve anything as they'll never be happy what ever the solution.

On the boat everyone .... this boat is leaving for Gambia .. !!!!

A troll post and the replies to it have been removed.

I have also removed an in inflammatory post discussing moderation.

A post in giant fonts has also been removed

Yep a great place to accept refugees....

Known for human rights abuses, extra-judicial killings, torture etc etc...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/articles/news/2015/03/gambia-fails-to-heed-un-warnings-on-deteriorating-human-rights/

Same could be said for the Buddhist driven out of the deep south by the Muslims, dog eat dog

Not that it matters but the Muslims were there long before the Buddhists.

Buddhism it appears was present on the Malay Peninsula as far back as 200 BC, over 800 years before Islam even existed. My cursory reading indicates that Islam took over the Malay regions only in the 15th century.

the PM has another idea........ (reformatted)

"Anyone who supports this idea (of accepting boatpeople), please contribute one baht a day or take them to your home when their case has been processed" -

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/22/prayuth-those-wanting-help-boatpeople-should-trade-places-them

365 baht per annum doesn't sound too bad....how about having the contribution wealth/income related?

Edited by cumgranosalum

Same could be said for the Buddhist driven out of the deep south by the Muslims, dog eat dog

Not that it matters but the Muslims were there long before the Buddhists.

Buddhism it appears was present on the Malay Peninsula as far back as 200 BC, over 800 years before Islam even existed. My cursory reading indicates that Islam took over the Malay regions only in the 15th century.

Possibly you are right. However the current issues there stem from events that occurred in the last century [or so] and the current unrest is because of the actions of the Thai state.

No.

Thanks Bluespunk, a good post. You are a beacon in a sea of ignorance and bile. I am glad that they have found some respite but yes it's only a temporary solution. There are still 1000's stranded in Burma and the tragedy will go on

Why yes! And I'm certain Bulespunk is not simply posting after posting on some anonymous forum such as this, but has put his money where his mouth is and offered to take in a Rohinya 'refugee' or several. And if not, why not?

Some one posted recently wondering what the PM Prayuth's avatar on TV forum is, I think we just found it.

dageurreotype

Boat people grateful for sanctuary, Gambia accepts boat people.

Gambia has accepted the Rohingya migrants and will take them in. This small poverished nation has accepted the boat people as part of their duty being muslim. The plight of the boat people escalated when many turned up in Malaysia and Indonesia.

Isn't it odd that Qatar, The Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and the other rich Mid East Muslim states have not offered even a rusty nail to help their Muslim brothers? ... But Thailand a Buddhist country by about 96 percent received criticism for not wanting the boat people to come ashore and certain not settle... And poor Gambia offers resettlement. And still no news from the rich Arab states to send money to Gambia to assist the process.

Seems a little out of kilter - don't 'ya think ?

I think that instead of thrashing away at Thailand those who want a home for these people should contribute their own money and write letters to the rich Arab states and insist that they help too ...

Out of curiosity, what news source would you consider to be unbias?

As for me - if you want my point of view...

Bias in the news

As far as TV news broadcast via airwaves, cable or satellite - done from America plus the BBC - there are not any. There may be some in other than the English language in some countries but I would not know. The likes of RT and Al Jazeera are total full blown propaganda only out paced by MSNBC in off the wall total distortion and lies - to the point of almost being a comedy show.

And before you ask - FoxNews at one time had some hope but in recent years is trending to bias that is hard to classify ... it has become a sorta nanny news... FoxNews and the BBC have mastered the bias concept of Omission ... simply not reporting another side of the issue ... or taking a situation or event at face value as Being the Absolute Truth - not mentioning that there even could be another side of the story ... the BBC often champions victims before truth.

But unless I want to pay a big charge - getting any other news besides the BBC is all I can get besides Al Jazerra and RT and I refuse to watch these make belief broadcasts. I keep the BBC on for background noise - especially when I am gone - and turn the sound up a little to make people think someone is inside talking... it works a little like putting the NY Times editorial in the bottom of the bird cage similar utility.