Rohingya are illegal migrants, not refugees: Thai Army Chief

webfact

Boat people grateful for sanctuary, Gambia accepts boat people.

Gambia has accepted the Rohingya migrants and will take them in. This small poverished nation has accepted the boat people as part of their duty being muslim. The plight of the boat people escalated when many turned up in Malaysia and Indonesia.

Isn't it odd that Qatar, The Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and the other rich Mid East Muslim states have not offered even a rusty nail to help their Muslim brothers? ... But Thailand a Buddhist country by about 96 percent received criticism for not wanting the boat people to come ashore and certain not settle... And poor Gambia offers resettlement. And still no news from the rich Arab states to send money to Gambia to assist the process.

Seems a little out of kilter - don't 'ya think ?

I think that instead of thrashing away at Thailand those who want a home for these people should contribute their own money and write letters to the rich Arab states and insist that they help too ...

Rich Arabs tend to disgust poor South Asians.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, what news source would you consider to be unbias?

As for me - if you want my point of view...

Bias in the news

As far as TV news broadcast via airwaves, cable or satellite - done from America plus the BBC - there are not any. There may be some in other than the English language in some countries but I would not know. The likes of RT and Al Jazeera are total full blown propaganda only out paced by MSNBC in off the wall total distortion and lies - to the point of almost being a comedy show.

And before you ask - FoxNews at one time had some hope but in recent years is trending to bias that is hard to classify ... it has become a sorta nanny news... FoxNews and the BBC have mastered the bias concept of Omission ... simply not reporting another side of the issue ... or taking a situation or event at face value as Being the Absolute Truth - not mentioning that there even could be another side of the story ... the BBC often champions victims before truth.

But unless I want to pay a big charge - getting any other news besides the BBC is all I can get besides Al Jazerra and RT and I refuse to watch these make belief broadcasts. I keep the BBC on for background noise - especially when I am gone - and turn the sound up a little to make people think someone is inside talking... it works a little like putting the NY Times editorial in the bottom of the bird cage similar utility

IMHO the more sensational the broadcast, usually the more unreliable it is because it's agenda is attracting viewers rather than telling the truth

Bias in the news

As far as TV news broadcast via airwaves, cable or satellite - done from America plus the BBC - there are not any. There may be some in other than the English language in some countries but I would not know. The likes of RT and Al Jazeera are total full blown propaganda only out paced by MSNBC in off the wall total distortion and lies - to the point of almost being a comedy show.

And before you ask - FoxNews at one time had some hope but in recent years is trending to bias that is hard to classify ... it has become a sorta nanny news... FoxNews and the BBC have mastered the bias concept of Omission ... simply not reporting another side of the issue ... or taking a situation or event at face value as Being the Absolute Truth - not mentioning that there even could be another side of the story ... the BBC often champions victims before truth.

But unless I want to pay a big charge - getting any other news besides the BBC is all I can get besides Al Jazerra and RT and I refuse to watch these make belief broadcasts. I keep the BBC on for background noise - especially when I am gone - and turn the sound up a little to make people think someone is inside talking... it works a little like putting the NY Times editorial in the bottom of the bird cage similar utility.

at least with Fox you know where they stand......pity they aren't a news station......

Bias in the news

But unless I want to pay a big charge - getting any other news besides the BBC is all I can get besides Al Jazerra and RT and I refuse to watch these make belief broadcasts. I keep the BBC on for background noise - especially when I am gone - and turn the sound up a little to make people think someone is inside talking... it works a little like putting the NY Times editorial in the bottom of the bird cage similar utility.

at least with Fox you know where they stand......pity they aren't a news station......

Well no FoxNews is composed of upwards of 60 percent maybe more of analysis and opinion on the news and other commentary .. .they only have a few news presenters - the primary one being a liberal jerk... I am always puzzled by that statement -- Fox presents commentary and opinion -- like reading the Editorial page and the Op Ed page of the NY TIMES -- everybody knows it is not NEWS per se. What you might be saying is that you do not agree with their various news opinion, commentary and analysis shows...