2 entry tourist visa

Hi,

I have a tourist visa marked 2 entries. Using it I came to Thailand on 31 March 2015, admitted to 29 May 2015.

Could you please help me with 2 questions

1. Presumably I can do a visa run to Mae Sai for the second entry, but how long is the visa extended for?

2. To get another 2 entry visa, can I go to Singapore, for example, or do I have to return to my country, Australia?

thank you

The visa (you got from the consulate) itself has an expiry date, you must use both entres before that expiry date.

Each entry can be extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht at an immigration office. You could do that today and get 30 extra days from 29th of May. But make sure the visa itself has not expired when you make the second entry.

The second entry will give you another 60 days, to be extended by 30 day if you want.

If you want a new double entry visa you can get one in Laos, Vientiane or Savanakhet, other nearby consulates will only issue a single.

• Like 1

You can apply for a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

If you leave and re-enter the country you will get another 60 day entry.

Be sure you do the 2nd entry prior to the enter before date on your visa.

• Like 2

Each "entry" will provide for a 60 day stay in Thailand. Each entry can be extended on application at an immigration office for 30 days at a cost of 1900 Bht.

Assuming the 30 day extension is taken then at the near the end of the first 90 period it is necessary to leave Thailand then return to activate the second entry which must be done on or prior to the "enter before" date which can be found on the visa.

The best place to obtain another visa is said to be Laos.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thank you for your helpful advice. The visa has an enter before date of 8 June 2015 which I guess is the expiry date. But does that apply only to the first entry

Because if I go to my nearest immigration office which is Chiang Mai to get the 30day extension that will seem to take me past the expiry date.

You must make both entries before the exiry date of 8 June, or lose the entry. In your case it might be better to just leave the country on the 29th and get a new entry.

If you go for an extension you will still need to make the second entry before or on the 6th.

• Like 1

You must use the 2nd entry of your visa on or before June 8th. The enter before date applies for all entries.

You best choice is to do a border run to use your 2nd entry since the extension would only about 10 more days before your visa expires.

• Like 1

So I ought to do a border run (Mae Sai) before the 29 May 2015. OK. Then I will have another 60 days on the second entry, right?

thank you for your help

And - I believe you can add an extension of 30 days to the second entry ... I will stand corrected if wrong ...

• Like 1