Norwegian man found dead hanging from mini fridge in Udon Thani

webfact

Norwegian man found hanging from mini fridge
By Coconuts Bangkok

minifridge.jpg
Photo: Gino Carteciano

UDON THANI: -- A Norwegian man was found dead hanging by his neck from a mini fridge last night in his hotel room.

The 41-year-old man, whose name was withheld, died in his room in Udon Thani province with a strip of fabric wrapped around his neck attached to the refrigerator door handle.

His wife, identified only as Picha, told police she had lived with her husband for a year and he frequently suffered from severe headaches [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/21/norwegian-man-found-hanging-mini-fridge

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the article, his wife said he did it to relieve pain. That's possible but if the lights go out he couldn't come back.

I used to get migraines that made me not care if I lived while they were on me. I can completely understand if he couldn't take it any more.

RIP to the guy and condolences to his family.

Just tall enough that his feet could reach the floor when he was standing.

According to the article, his wife said he did it to relieve pain. That's possible but if the lights go out he couldn't come back.

never seen lights in a mini fridge

Hanged on a mini fridge

how tall was he ?

no need to hang from a high place. This happens all the time... people hang themselves from a doorknob, etc. Apparently they just pass out before they die.

I had no idea this could be possible, but it makes scientific sense. Thank you for teaching me something!

This is not necessarily a suicide. A common self treatment for severe headaches that used to be called cluster headaches. Not to be confused with what David Catharine was doing in his hotelroom closet before his dinner meeting.

I would love for someone with access to the data, to calculate the suicide rate among farangs living in, or visiting, Thailand. If there are say, I million farangs in Thailand at any one time and one of them commits suicide each day (as I seem to read about them on TV with depressing frequency) how does that compare to the suicide rate in Europe?

Does anybody know if it's the same guy who was topic of a thread not long ago, when he wanted some morphine from the hospitals and cops showed up?

Please see older thread:

Norwegian had/has a problem in Udon.

P.S. Just Googled it and found some scary stuff. Norwegian man committed suicide in Udon Thani in 2011.

http://www.udontalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12160

Too many suicides in Udon Thani, to be honest. Of course no foul play involved. RIP....wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Just tall enough that his feet could reach the floor when he was standing.

never seen lights in a mini fridge

Hugely funny joke...let's all have a good laugh...that's really humor at it's best under the circumstances....I just pray this poor man's family never heard of TV.

This is not necessarily a suicide. A common self treatment for severe headaches that used to be called cluster headaches. Not to be confused with what David Catharine was doing in his hotelroom closet before his dinner meeting.

Who's David Catharine?

Who's David Catharine?

Wasn't David a sort of Carradined? facepalm.gif

Who's David Catharine?

cheesy.gif think he mean David Carradine ...

So another so called suicide, another case solved by the Sherlocks of LOS whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Like mentioned, in a civilized develpoped country a case like this would be investigated as a suspious death but T.i.T. ...facepalm.gif

Who's David Catharine?

After so many postings, you should have some imagination skills.

But maybe, you only joking. whistling.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine

Suicide ha ha with hid wife hanging on his chest on a mini refrigerator. He must have had help doing it or decapitated below the waste. I hope his family puts pressure on the Norwegian to look into this so called suicide. I was born at night but no last night! If it smells like bull sh-t it it is bull sh-t! She was causing his head aches!

huh?

Looking in the Thai press it doesn't look like there was a struggle, also it wasn't a 'mini' fridge but one that he could hang around his neck while sitting upright. It also names the poor bloke, looks odd but quite feasible.

Condolences.