U Gotta Be Kidding Me !

The Big Mango

Colleague had an accident once, on a an overpass bridge, two lanes both ways

police (1 guy) decided for some reason one part of the bridge had to be closed

So he closed the section and leading traffic immediately on the bridge in the left

lane of the off coming traffic, however without informing anyone on the other side

who were still coming on on both lanes.... colleague was in the wrong lane, head

on collision...nearly died... fools...

evey bridge I cross i stay left from now on...

Are you talking about the motorcycle with the sidecar. Driving like that is common thai practice. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Yes it is common practice here but that doesnt detract from the fact that its a <deleted> stupid thing to do.

Motorbikes and sidecar 'sheds' are all banned from the underpass as the MASSIVE signboards say in Thai, English and picture form on the entrances to them... Another typical Thai with absolutely no regard to Road safety.

Are you talking about the motorcycle with the sidecar. Driving like that is common thai practice. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Yes it is common practice here but that doesnt detract from the fact that its a f@#!n stupid thing to do.

Only bugs me when a bit too well integrated Western expats riding a motorcycle are doing this.

Yes, on the side of the road. It is not common practice in a lane with oncoming traffic, especially not with limited visibility like is the case here.

Edited by stevenl

Steven

every corner with limited visibility I take here I expect at least a mocy to come toward me in my lane,

a car would surprise me but I am prepared..

Good for you, but that is not what I said.

It is not common practice.

There is nothing wrong with the vehicles in the photos. They are on the correct lanes just like you are

You wern't the ..... driving the moto were you ???

Really Kopitiam , maybe go check your eyesight.

My humble apologies. Did not realise that there were multiple photos within a photo.

I see those set-ups , sidecars driving at night in the country with no lights on all rhe time. More often than not its an old geezer . They must get mowed over on a regular basis. I honestly believe that they think they are saving gas by not having any lights on.

The idiot on the bike is not visible to me either in the initial photos shown in the first post.

It's only when the pics are enlarged/expanded that it be comes clear what the thread is about.

Perhaps your photo program is not compatible on Thaivisa for all viewers.

What I see quite often are cars on Chalermpraliat Rd driving towards the underpass on the right hand lane thinking they can do a U turn just before the entrance/exit. When they find they cannot they rapidly shift across to the left so they do not have to go through the underpass.

The truck is parked that lane wasnot being used ysterday they were doing some work in that side of the tunnel.

If that is the case it was far less dangerous, but the OP mentioned "drive into headcoming traffic" and "That could of been one nasty accident if the truck hadnt seen him and stopped. ".

That lane was blocked, it had a red cross on both ends I went through a few time yesterday.

Only one lane each way yesterday for all the times I went through it, they were definitly doing work inside at least when I saw it

That lane was blocked, it had a red cross on both ends I went through a few time yesterday.

Only one lane each way yesterday for all the times I went through it, they were definitly doing work inside at least when I saw it

So the guy was a workman driving along a closed lane to a parked pick-up.

Storm in a teacup.

So the guy was a workman driving along a closed lane to a parked pick-up.

Storm in a teacup.

When you blow up the photo with the truck, can see something in front of it people or equipment. it doesnt look like its moving

As it happens I was going North just a short time before you posted, I would guess I went through about 13.00 yesterday and the left lane was closed with a big red X and the middle lane was open with a big green tick. I've never seen that before, but I saw that there were a couple of trucks parked in the left lane doing some sort of roof maintenance. So ... I would say that the motocycle trolley was part of that team driving down the closed lane.

Thank you thought I might have been hallucinating. But I have seen the lane closed few times in the past week and always only 2 lanes open those times, yesterday they were working on that lane. and the trolly motocy thing was back & forth with the worker. OP is making exciting story to fit the photo!

I guess may of been the case , he was in our lane when we started going down into the underpass and just quickly moved straight across to the right lane.

I got the phone out and took the photos and was busy looking at them to post as we continued down. I saw the truck out the corner of my eye as we entered the tunnel and assumed it had stopped because he saw the bike.

My bad if what you guys are saying is correct.