"Sandblasting" your teeth clean in Chiang Mai

JulieM

I know a place in Bangkok where they have the equipment to "sandblast" your teeth clean. It's painless and it works well. Tiny particles of powder are sprayed onto your teeth at high speed.

The technique might be called "intra-oral sandblasting" but I am not sure.

I am looking for this in Chiang Mai. Anybody know where? Thanks.

It's called Air Flow dental polishing.

My hygienist advises to drink nothing except water for at least an hour after treatment (as your teeth can stain easily), until the biofilm which is removes, has been restored.

Can't help about any dentists that offer it.

I appreciate that I am not answering your very specific question. However, long term, my comment below may be of interest.

I use this method for keeping my teeth and tongue healthy: click HERE.

Edited by silver sea

One name for that machine is a prophy jet. It uses sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in water to blast the teeth. For some reason they also call this air polishing I believe, as in "prophy jet air polishing". I don't know where the word air gets in there.

It really gets teeth clean.

One name for that machine is a prophy jet. It uses sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in water to blast the teeth. For some reason they also call this air polishing I believe, as in "prophy jet air polishing". I don't know where the word air gets in there.

It really gets teeth clean.

I have been advised by several dentists that this process is very bad for the enamel of your teeth. I just pass on having it done and go for the regular cavitron deep cleaning.

I don't know, but maybe the word air is from compressed air. It doesn't seem like tap water pressure would be enough. I'll bet a stream of air drives the water and soda much like a painter's internal mix spray gun or even a sandblaster would do.

Everything I've read or been told is that it's safe for teeth because the sodium bicarbonate is softer than tooth enamel. A lot of dentists still use it and it really gets teeth clean and can clean where instruments can't reach.

Dunno? ??