Pizza Hut vs Pizza Company

giddyup

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pizza Company is kind of expensive but could be worse.

Now they have the Summer Set with Hawaiian Pizza + 2 pepsi's and ice cream fro 2.

I don't eat ice cream much but the g/f does.

You guys made me hungry so I just ordered again.

Up here in Surin there is little choice and as above they know where I'm staying.

359Bt with delivery. Also I got beer from across the street.

Too hot to go outside and up to Tam Tam Pizzaria.

We have completely stopped ordering and going to both Pizza Company and Pizza Hut after we found them using mayonnaise and probably thousand island salad dressing on their pizza. Common Thai do not realise that pizza sauce made from fresh tomatoes and good cheese topping are the most essential for a good pizza.

Your post made me laugh because it is so true. Usually we eat in a 'non-chain' pizzeria but recently we were in Chaing Mai with neighbours, who are actually very experienced with European food. We offered to buy them pizza for lunch and headed for Pizza Company, but they objected that Pizza Company uses tomato and cheese on their pizza. So we went to Pizza Hut and they had "pizza" with mayonnaise, kernels of corn and cocktail weiners, and none of that disgusting cheese and tomato. My wife and I ate spaghetti.

Edited by tigermonkey

As an American ex pat and former owner of 4 Chicago pizzerias, I ordered from both and , sadly, Pizza Company had a far superior product !

Pricing/products/service all similar but the difference is immediate with the first bite. Remember the old Burger King commercial with the old lady screaming

where's the burger ? Well, I searched all over for the pepperoni and did find one lonely, small slice. To answer your question -- stop the search I did, for 5 years, and

continue on with P.C. as I don't believe you will find better !

I think we need a "Skakey's" over here, but until the I go for Pizza Company !! Of course of you have not been to Italy or Sicily you haven't had the real thing, same for a Mexican Taco !!

In my visits to Italy and even Sicily, I have never seen "Mexican Taco" on any menu. The Mexican Tacos aren't bad in Mexico, but they tend to be better in the extreme southern parts of USA - originally they were a regional food from this area apparently.

Pizza Company / Pizza Hut ???

Just forget both as Pizza makers. Both use synthetical cheese not real mozzarella !!!

Chemical waste !!!

It is something you can not call a pizza, . It's not even close to a pizza !!!

There was a thread about a coordinated emergency number in Thailand.

One poster said he thought it was 1112- laughs. I agree.

Today I got hungry and too lazy to go out in the heat = emergency food 1112

Not too bad and not too many choices either.

I used to eat Pizza on a regular basis, but moving to Thailand made me stop.

Since i am not a fan of seafood on a Pizza (IMO seafood got nothing tho do on a Pizza) there is not many options in Pizzahut.

I have tried Pizzahut in UK, India, Thailand and Australia, and i must say that the one in Thailand is surely the worst i ever tried....

Pizza company is one step better, but still not 100 %

Best pizza i had around was in a small Ïtalian place, made by a old Italian guy he used hes old grand mothers recipe it was cooked in a wood driven stone oven built by Italians.

Mama mia, pizza Italia, Belissimo!

wai2.gif

Quality pizza without anchovies ?? --- absolute sacrilege

Pizza Company / Pizza Hut ???

Just forget both as Pizza makers. Both use synthetical cheese not real mozzarella !!!

Chemical waste !!!

It is something you can not call a pizza, . It's not even close to a pizza !!!

Can you make your text a little larger for the optically challenged?

I have learned to make my own pizzas. Can buy pizza crusts at the market, put on my own toppings and cook them myself or sometimes I have a pizza delivered and enhance the toppings at home. Re-bake in the oven. Have also learned how to make my own pizza dough but usually don't want to invest the time and effort involved.

Somebody is going to see the money in pizza in Thailand...And when its good and cheap........Thai people and Farangs will respond with orders...

Pizza is Pizza bring it on..That somebody will be Mr. Big..

Somebody has made what the locals like as Pizza and he's making a fortune Pizza Company. Us foreigners don't count. Hand out free ketchup and chilli and you can sell anything here.

Same for the restaurants: Pizza Company beats Pizza Hut hands down.

Agree. The LAST time I ate at Pizza Hut was when the pizza had salad dressing (like mayonnaise) instead of cheese. Note the emphasis on LAST.

Edited by LawrenceN

They both sucks. If you're in Jomtien try Mimosa pizzeria if you want authentic Italian pizza. Italian owner so he knows whhat he's doing. 300 baht for a medium size tasty pizza. Try it once and you'll never visit pizza hut again.

As an American ex pat and former owner of 4 Chicago pizzerias, I ordered from both and , sadly, Pizza Company had a far superior product !

Pricing/products/service all similar but the difference is immediate with the first bite. Remember the old Burger King commercial with the old lady screaming

where's the burger ? Well, I searched all over for the pepperoni and did find one lonely, small slice. To answer your question -- stop the search I did, for 5 years, and

continue on with P.C. as I don't believe you will find better !

I'm also from Chicago and used to work delivering pizza for a family owned Italian restaurant; papa making pizza in the front window, mama waiting on tables, and grandma cooking in the kitchen. When there were no deliveries I'd help with the cooking and learned a lot. I like traditional thin crust pizza.

I left Chicago in 1981 and haven't had a great pizza since, except on visits back to Chicago or when I make my own. I then lived in the San Francisco bay area until until moving here in 1997.

I think Pizza Company is much better than Pizza Hut. I'll stick with Pizza Company, making 1 pizza is nearly as much labor as making 50.

We have completely stopped ordering and going to both Pizza Company and Pizza Hut after we found them using mayonnaise and probably thousand island salad dressing on their pizza. Common Thai do not realise that pizza sauce made from fresh tomatoes and good cheese topping are the most essential for a good pizza.

I already avoid places which use BBQ sauce instead of tomato, which means I already avoid lots of places, but what you describe is even worse !

Same experience, pizzahut suks, pc is better but i also feel that the quality there has decreased, at this point im still ordering from them just because they know the directions to my condo immediatly when i pace the call.. But i think its time to find a nice independent pizza delivery restaurant in bangkok.. This corporate shit it just getting shittier

Example: I recently noticed the menu at Burger King now tells you what exactly is in those 'hamburgers' they are selling, i'm guessing its some new government regulation because those lables were not there before but anyways, low and behold that burger king crap isnt even beef! They're selling pork burgers, or hybred pork burgers for all that money they're asking for there garbage quality product (you know they have to charge that much for all that advertising they buy) AND they dont tell you the %s in the beef/pork hybreds..so of cource you have to assume that they are mostly pork fat.

That's news to me. The muslims must love that..

Some of the crap the pizza company comes up with is disgusting like the hot dog crust. No wonder someone in italy is trying to stop them using the name pizza.

its funny how people can have such different taste , I love that sausage crust ,the main reason I order from Pizza Company

Your experience is the same as mine.

And mine to!

I don't even like Pizza Hut in my own country and never order from them. They are only big and famous because Pepsi Cola owns them. Go their and ask for a Coke and they will look at you like you just got out of some Loony Bin. They may have some deal with KFC to. I am not sure. But you always see them next to each other.

If you like a Fishy Type Pizza than they are okay with that. But I don't like those types.

Your experience is the same as mine.

And mine to!

I don't even like Pizza Hut in my own country and never order from them. They are only big and famous because Pepsi Cola owns them. Go their and ask for a Coke and they will look at you like you just got out of some Loony Bin. They may have some deal with KFC to. I am not sure. But you always see them next to each other.

If you like a Fishy Type Pizza than they are okay with that. But I don't like those types.

Actually Yum Brands owns both KFC and Pizza Hut, as well as Long John Silvers and A&W.

In the UK I'm pizza hut but in Thailand it's pizza company every time.

First time I assumed it was a poor restaurant but the second time I knew this was just a badly conceived pizza making policy. Their recipe instructions just didn't translate into thai very well.